[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would u do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170702_122636.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170702_122636.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
So basic what would you do post, but my friend are tired of my shit so better ask strangers right.

I've been a tattoo artist for 2 years. I paid to apprentice (which I don't recommend doing ever!) His shop is in the middle of really animated neighborhood in Montreal but he doesn't know how to advertise his business. anyway, I'm starving there. There's not enough job for all artists.

My art is not getting any attention, because Montreal is filled with black worker and scratcher how think they can tattoo and really are making cover up material, so the city is saturated. But since I won't prostitute my art I don't get to tattoo. Moving city is not an option for now because I can barely pay my rent.

Now I'm in the vicious circle where I don't tattoo, so no experience, no experience = shitty tattoo, shitty tattoo = no more motivation = no motivation = no more fun drawing.

Money is going low, motivation is dead, and realistically weed is the only think keeping me alive those days. Beside quitting, I don't know what to do, all my friends are busy with their life and parents are not there anymore to give advice.

If i quit then I'll regret it, because I'll let all those assholes who told me I couldn't do it win, so I'm only driven by spite. but then tattooing is the source of my stress and misery because I depend on it. The last 2 tattoo I did from my own drawing I paid from my pocket to do it (and they do look good, no doubt about my capacity to do illustration).

What would you guys do? On a rational level? Tricks, advices?
Pic related of some drawing I did
>>
>low on money
>smoking weed

Stop smoking, it costs money and kills motivation.
>>
>>3051202
I tried in the winter to quit, but then I got so depressed that I was thinking at every possible way of killing myself and even went to get prescription for sleeping pills. The only reason why I wouldn't do it it's because I didn't want my roomates to find me.
>>
>>3051204
Do it somewhere else then. /thread
>>
Dont be so picky you dont get to be picky yet. just do what makes Money while keeping your goals in mind
>>
>>3051204
Then keep on smoking, but smoke less. You can get dependant on it (before any smartass tries to point it out: yes I know you can't get addicted to it). Smoking it too much ends up just making your life way harder. In the meantime maybe try just getting a part time job while you sort out things with your current one, its always better to have a fall back plan - especially if your career is as an artist.
>>
>>3051198
Can you pick up a part time job on the side?

Can you advertise yourself (and the guys shop) on Facebook to friends??
>>
>>3051235
Did already, I paid Facebook ad, for moth, almost spent 400$ on 3 months for nothing. Got some feedback, but p eventually cancelled or asking for reduced priced on already more than 50% off priced. All my machine broke, cost me 300$ that I didn't made back.

I'm looking for a full time job because I don't see why I'd continue. I get so jealous of all those fucking semi artist making 500 a day with shitty small minimalistic tattoo, I can't focus on myself. I need an ego death and to let go, usually weed does that to me but then it kills motivation apparently
>>
>>3051240
I think for ego death you might want a traditional psychedelic, I mean if you say weed does that for you then just taking a wee bit ol shrooms or acid will get yah going. Alternatively why not get a prescription for something other than sleeping pills? Could get adderall to help regulate focus, motivation, and stay further away from weed.
>>
>>3051240
How about stop posting, get off your lazy ass and get to work you reddit summer faggot
>>
>>3051204
You're an addict.
>>
>>3051394
You can't get addicted to weed bro
>>
Your main focus should always be improving. If you can`t do that because you have to survive somehow, there is something in your life you need to fix. Fix it. Go work somewhere else, get a shitty job that pays enough to survive.

The constant thought of "shit i hope i can make it next month" is crippling. You can`t create a good learning environment with that thought in your head.

Use the little free time that you have to improve, and soon enough you will be good enough to get a decent job with your art.

No excuses, no weed, no bitching.
>>
>>3051397
you can get addicted to anything that makes you feel good.
>>
>>3051204
This is why weed must be illegal.
>>
>>3051397
Not him but you can get addicted to the ACT of smoking, not the weed itself.
Stop smoking, it's not hard.

You aren't making money with your art at the moment and are in need of money to keep up with rent.
I'm going to let you in on a secret.
Here, come closer....closer...

GET A FUCKING DAY JOB YOU MORON.

Jesus christ get off your lazy weed-ridden ass and actually become a useful human being. Stop smoking, get a job, pay your rent, get good at art, build up your personal brand, make enough money from your art to quit working. There you go, problem solved.
>>
You illustrate right, do stickers, coloring books, cheap street art to promote yourself. Do social network contest for one of your drawings for free. Keep sketching... At least you can illustrate. Not every one has a talent, or the proper skill set to be a decent artist like you. At least you are trust worthy to other people that let you do something permanent on their skin.
>>
Ill pay you to paint the walls of.my new apartment, druggie
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.