[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reality, 1, 2, or 3 point perspective?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: lor.jpg (32KB, 315x289px) Image search: [Google]
lor.jpg
32KB, 315x289px
Is reality, 1, 2, or 3 point perspective?
>>
File: camden+Yards.jpg (326KB, 1000x290px) Image search: [Google]
camden+Yards.jpg
326KB, 1000x290px
d. none of the above
>>
All of the above.
>>
>>
>>3049771

One and two point dont exist and are abstractions. Do you really not know that there are 3 dimensions?
>>
We see in slight curvilinear perspective because our eyes are spheres.
>>
>>3049784
good bait good bait
>>
>>3049771
As many points as there are parallel lines, idiot.
>>
>>3049795
Not that anon, but it's not bait.

Technically 1 and 2 point perspective is just a 3 point perspective where the points line up on the horizon.
>>
>>3049795
>he doesn't know all other perspective is either forced or optical distortion
>>
Our brains constanly percieve a stereoscopic 3pt perspective.
You could even argue that we see in slightly curvilinear 5pt in each eye.
>>
>>3049865
>>3049886
Are you retarded? Any group of parallel lines has its own vanishing point.
>>
>>3049944
the amount of vanishing points doesn't change n-point perspective you mongrel
>>
File: 9780415993630[1].jpg (14KB, 294x420px) Image search: [Google]
9780415993630[1].jpg
14KB, 294x420px
>>3049771
visual perception is more related to light manipulated by differential geometry going into your eyes, and your memory. Reality is your 5 senses, your memory and your thoughts
>>
>>3049771
blind=0pp
1 eye=1pp
2 eyes=2pp
cross eyed= 3pp
>>
>>3049782
the only correct answer. a straight line can face in any direction and each direction would have it's own vanishing point. it's better to internalize it all and not draw or evern think too much about vp's and perspective rules imo
>>
>>3049987
i dont know why this made me laugh
>>
>>3049944
>people like you actually exist
>>
>>3049771
Curvilinear because things that are farther away becomes smaller.
Looking dead center of a square plane facing you. The center is closer to you than the edges, with the corners farthest away.
This causes edges to curve towards the corners. The effect is very minimal to near non-existant for far away objects(relative distance), but when drawing curvilinear you exaggerate it.
>>
None, perspective assumes the observer has one static, unblinking eye. Perspective is an illusion
>>
>>3049771
3, if you use some decent camera lens, and fix your pictures in CameraRaw. Otherwise, is curvilinear perspective.
>>
>>3049771
depends on your position that determines POV. 1pt occurs when you're standing on a plane like the desert or the ocean and you see a lone tree or island ahead of you and nothing else.

2pt occurs everywhere and is most common.

3pt perspective occurs when you are observing looking up: Worm's Eye view , like when looking up at a building. Or down: Bird's Eye view, when looking down from an airplane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlHybuf7cs
>>
File: Morpheus2.jpg (39KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
Morpheus2.jpg
39KB, 600x543px
>>3050523
What if I told you...that all perspectives are perceived simultaneously
>>
>>3049771
linear perspective is an art thing not a reality thing, the science version is called perspective projection, but i suppose you could call it 'infinite-point perspective' if you like.
>>
So I have a question. If the world has whatever #PP, let's say you draw a picture with 2PP, it's a 2D picture with 2PP viewed from our eyes which perceive a seemingly indefinite amount of perspective, so are we really see the image in the proper way?
>>
>>3050607
when your eyes focus on the 2D image, yes they will to the necessary changes to view the image "properly" (assuming you drew the perspective correctly). When you stop looking at the image they'll go back to viewing the world using perspective projection.
>>
>>3050523
you said a ton of blatantly wrong things, but i don't even care enough to point at them. really hope you're just trolling
>>
File: interior-forsize-m.gif (46KB, 400x457px) Image search: [Google]
interior-forsize-m.gif
46KB, 400x457px
ITT: People demonstrate just how hard they're gonna not make it.

"Perspective" is just a geometry trick to emulate 3d space on a 2d surface. The subsequent vanishing points correspond to the 3 dimensions and 6 directions of real space.

Since there are 6 directions (WASD, scroll up and scroll down) six points of perspective is all you need to accurately depict a 3d space. Imagine yourself standing in the middle of a sphere painted on the inside, also you have only one eye. As long as you don't move, every direction you look could be painted to look like a real field of view.

While it is true that every set of parallel lines has its own vanishing point, every VP beyond six is just a combination of two or three others, just as you can describe any vector in 3d space using three axes. Do your math anons.

To draw in 6pp you'd need a spherical canvas, just as you need a spherical globus to accurately show the surface of Earth. Which makes all the sense there is since the IRL field of view of any camera or observer is a sector of a sphere, pic related.

P.S. if you can't draw curvilinear perspective you need to dig deeper into this topic. Mess around with google street view.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.