[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They say practice makes perfect but how come those people at

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1497072021255.jpg (33KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
1497072021255.jpg
33KB, 640x621px
They say practice makes perfect but how come those people at art center get extremely good in 4 years? What are the excercises they do?
Does ic have a set of excercises to achieve a certain level? I know th answer is "just draw" but what do I draw? How?
Should I just fabricate my own excercises and hope I will get better just like that?
>>
They're forced to do work that a normal person wouldn't do because it's boring and doesn't lead to good shit. Like the perspective classes or whatever have to be precise and they only get like a day to ready up a design. Shit has to be done in chalk too so you can't even fuck up.
>>
>>3049376
Master fundamentals while also being given guidance by pros.
>>
>>3049405
^ This
You can always try yourself, but you'll need some guidance by a pro at some point.
All the Greats have been students.
>>
>>3049421
What if I'm broke and can't afford a teacher?
>>
>>3049426
Tutorials, go to public art school, there are a lot of resources.
Where I live the teachers are actually pretty good.
I want to be an art teacher.
I guess the only thing you'll have to spend on are materials, but even then, it's all up to you, you can focus in a type of art (e.g. ink) and then moving on to the next.
>>
>>3049405
>>3049421
Pretty sure the important thing is that you know doing what you're doing will definitely help you improve. That's a thing that self-taught artist have almost no clue about since there's no guidance.
>>
>>3049429
I don't know if I want to be a professional artist though. My dream is to be able to make my own assets for my own video game no problem. So I was thinking of saving and then buying art books and going from there, is that a bad idea?
>>
>>3049376
Literally just find someone who draws the kind of stuff you want toy do, and get them to tell you what they practiced when they were at your skill level. I gain a ton of knowledge just watching him draw. my issue isn't my dexterity, it's just I have no idea what motions are actually required, so watching him just fills in the gaps on where to start characters/ weapons/ details.

Art is actually really easy to learn as a whole, you just have to put time into it. Now making cash from it, you do have to be on another level. I only draw for fun, I could care less about cash from art, so there's not really pressure on me.
>>
>>3049376
>art center
the one in Pasadena right? I knew artists who were/are gifted at drawing, painting from jr high to high school who were dead serious about WANTING to be artists and work in the creative field.

those who were admitted to this school said they have to do 20 drawings on the first day. And doubles every class meeting until the semester ends. So by week two, they are suppose to do 80 total drawings. Painting is different. But i'm told they have to create at least 10 paintings by Midterm to be used for the school's exhibit. And 20 by semester's end.

the graphic students who want to become car or product design are obviously different with a different set of curriculum.

even the general ed requirements, esp science, is structured around anatomy or for the graphic arts, physics.

all in all, they practice A LOT.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.