[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you finish drawing something and you end up hating it, do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1458854829545.jpg (121KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458854829545.jpg
121KB, 960x720px
If you finish drawing something and you end up hating it, do you still upload it to your blog?
>>
I hate everything I draw, that's why I don't have a blog.
>>
>>3049164
this desu
>>
>>3049161
It works to remind yourself (if you improve) how shit you were.

I used to hate drawing when I started, now I wish to not have given away those drawings without taking a photo.

Keep them, you will feel better after a while (if you improve).
>>
Yes but I end up removing it. I usually like everything that I make, but hate it when no one else likes it.
>>
if there's appeal or charm to it, I'll upload it.
regardless of how i feel.
>>
>>3049173
i'm curious. mind posting your blog?
>>
File: sartre.jpg (131KB, 720x542px) Image search: [Google]
sartre.jpg
131KB, 720x542px
>>3049161

Put it on the side, forget about it and watch it again in one week. It's hard to judge it right after finishing it.
Put it on your blog only if it matches your goals: even a bad drawing can have a purpose (like showing your efforts and progress over time as >>3049171 pointed out).
Just think about who you want to have as viewers and you'll know if you need to upload it or not.
>>
No. Da Vinci literally burned 1000's of his sketches to keep people from seeing his crappy stuff.
>>
>>3049161
post it anyways. even if you dont like it someone else may love it
>>
>>3049161
I don't put it on my blog but I do keep it.

It's good to keep all your art. You'll never know when you'll want to see it again.
>>
>>3049164
ding ding ding.
>>
>>3049161
I don't even upload most of the shit I actually like.
Besides I'm not really attached to anything I have drawn. You could throw all my drawings into the trash right now and I wouldn't give a fuck.
>>
Maybe. Sometimes I upload the ones I didn't like and keep the ones I liked.
>>
>>3049164
This anon's got it
>>
I usually upload it to keep my blog active but delete them a month afterwards so my blog is only filled with my actual good art
>>
I usually upload it as a way to keep track of personal progression....but man is it hard, cause I always end up hating whatever I draw.

Sometimes I leave it up for a day, then suddenly get embarrassed and delete it.
>>
I deleted my shit bur recently my friend wanted me to show some shit I made to another friend and I didnt have any of it anymore to show her. So I started just saving .jpeg's of all that shit so I just have it if I needed it for something.
>>
>>3049196
Michelangelo did it too.
Makes me feel like I might actually make it one day.
>>
File: 234093872.png (330KB, 1117x168px) Image search: [Google]
234093872.png
330KB, 1117x168px
>>3049161
Why are there so many reaction images of Sakura looking sad or disappointed? I haven't seen it but I though Card captor was supposed to be a happy mahou shoujo anime?
>>
>>3049161
I don't even save anything. I could be grinding on something for 12 hours one day and I just close photoshop without saving it.
I don't HATE anything I work on, but what I work on is never worth saving, or sharing for that matter.
>>
File: 17847646.png (15KB, 202x243px) Image search: [Google]
17847646.png
15KB, 202x243px
Remember that one really shit drawing you uploaded?
>>
>>3049884
yeah.and all my friends still liked it. god. get some taste you faggots
>>
>>3049851
Because the best reaction images are ironic.
>>
>>3049884
Yeah, i later nuked all traces of it. AFAIK it was so bad no one ever bothered to save or post it anywhere else.

feels good man
>>
>>3049161
I hate everything I draw. That's why I upload it.
>>
>>3049161
I only finih sketches that I like. Sketches only take a couple minutes, so no biggie. Seems pretty simple.
>>
I only upload the shittiest stuff so people have no expectations of me.
>>
I have my Tumblr where I post literally everything I do as an archive. Then I have dA as more of a portfolio where I post stuff that showcases what I can do when I'm not just drawing my waifu over and over again.

Makes life simple.
>>
I started doing that
>>
if i dont like the sketch or lineart i dont continue, so this doesnt happen much
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.