[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why i have the image inside my mind but i can't draw it on paper?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: anime_18.jpg (122KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
anime_18.jpg
122KB, 960x540px
Why i have the image inside my mind but i can't draw it on paper?
>>
>>3049049
Because ur gay.
>>
Why do you have dreams but your reality's so shit?
>>
>>3049064
because reality is a matter of luck
>>
Because you don't know how to control your hands
>>
>>3049088
do you know some way to learn how to do that?
>>
>>3049092
Yea, read the sticky
It's called learning to draw
>>
File: 1441167732691.jpg (104KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1441167732691.jpg
104KB, 740x740px
>>3049049
because brain lacks the ability to solidify an idea to use it as a reference, you don't really know what that idea looks like, you're the one making it in the first place
>>
>>3049049
There shouldn't be anything in your head but gooey brain matter. Seek help
>>
>>3049086
Someone who knows the truth
>>
>>3049049
Because you don't. You have the abstract concept on an image in your mind. If you knew your forms and colors you'd be able to put them to paper.
>>
>>3049049
because you're tracing a cloud. treat the entire thing like a life drawing or study.
>>
File: 1499321431318.gif (51KB, 192x224px) Image search: [Google]
1499321431318.gif
51KB, 192x224px
>>3049169
So it's a matter of creating a solid and clear image inside your brain?
>>
Draw a lot, and try to rotate in your mind the things you draw. The more you draw, the more it'll start to make sense.
>>
>>3049049
because you don't. try to focus on the details and the image falls apart. you store visual information in a weird, super compressed sort of way. its not a picture, its more a description of a picture, and a really vague one at that. same reason why you can remember a staircase but cant count the number of steps in it. good artists can work from that vague concept and apply technical knowledge to it as if they were placing and posing prefabs in an empty 3d environment.
>>
>>3049654
>can work from that vague concept and apply technical knowledge to it as if they were placing and posing prefabs in an empty 3d environment.
So rather than having a 3d image viewer inside their heads they just use the mental image as rough sketch, then is just draw until you can do that?
>>
Actually, you can remember fairly detailed stuff. The more you've drawn it and looked at it, the more clear it is. Really, really good artists (Kim Jung Gi comes to mind) have probably a very accurate image.

To me personally, I need to put down something first, then I can draw fairly accurate stuff from my mind. Comparing with reference after, I know this is true. I might not see in my mind what the exact relation between some parts of an object are, but putting down one part will allow me to put down the other accurately.
>>
>>3049657
I don't think I used a very good analogy. to describe how good artists visualize a scene, what >>3049674 says is definetely true. the more you study and draw something, the more clearly you can see it in your head. however, I consider this separate from your ability to create an image in your mind, because its something anyone can do. you can conjure up a picture of a family member in your head easily, even if you don't know the proper proportions of a human head or face construction. those are both technical things that have to be hammered in through study and practice, while visualization is something you could do as soon as you could recognize objects. both drawings in the image posted are "rough sketches" from imagination, but the top one better describes how the image is stored in my head, while the bottom one is what happens when I apply what I know about lighting and anatomy to the figure.
>>
>>3049743
forgot to attach image
>>
The image in your head is never as clear as you think it is.
>>
how do i make up an image in my head?
can you really have an image of a finished piece in your head? i can't really see it, not even my relatives' faces. i just build stuff up. in fact the only images in my head would be dreams. i just get vague flashes of how things might look and then erase and draw the shit. is there something out there like visual-imagination-disorder? or do i actually need to sit down and try to imagine a canvas in my head and paint on it with my thoughts?
>>
>>3049799
can you imagine a smiley face? can you put it on a sphere? drawing from imagination is all about understanding forms and memorizing details. I would recommend visiting drawabox.com. it describes the problem a bit better, even if its kind of a boring approach
>>
>>3049804
thanks for the tip.
that's the problem for me, though. i suffer from certain spectre of aphantasia, maybe. on marks' vividness of visual imagery questionnaire, i'd end up with answers
>no image at all (only "knowing" that you are thinking of the object)
or
>vague and dim.
when i'm drawing from real life, i can render the shit out of it's shapes, values, do the correct perspective and stuff. but when i have to imagine a smiley face, i just don't see anything. my mind is blank. it's not vivid. i just know, that when i want to draw a smiley face, i have to draw a sphere, two dots and a curve. and go from there to trial and error. i have big problem with memorizing details. memorizing faces. even people in my dreams have no faces. basically my dreams arent vivid, not even sex dreams. on the other hand, i speak 4 languages.
this post makes no sense. sorry for robbing you of your time.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.