[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would one get into storyboard art as a career? Are there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: a1657654890_10.jpg (245KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a1657654890_10.jpg
245KB, 1198x1200px
How would one get into storyboard art as a career?
Are there any programs I should be using to supplement my drawings?
Finally, where would I find a studio to hire me and is a degree in an art-related field important to them?
As a side note I'm going to add that I originally felt like I shouldn't make an entire thread about this until I noticed a few other threads significantly less relevant than mine.
Image unrelated.
>>
>>3047513
You won't get a job at Lucas, Pixar, Disney, or any of the big studios without previous experience and a degree.
Here's an ad for Disney, as an example:
http://www.entertainmentcareers.net/Walt-Disney-Animation-Studios/Story-Artist/job/216234/
Here's one for Blizzard:
http://www.creativeheads.net/job/13008/storyboard-artist-in-irvine

Your best bet is to go work on college films or small indie films or games, and go to school, and study art with a film minor. You're basically setting up shots for the cinemaphotographer, and if you don't know cameras, lighting, and the basics of film and composition, you're just wasting their time. Everyone thinks they can storyboard - but it's a highly specialized art, and not many can do it well.
You can practice - go download a script, especially for a movie you've never seen before, and do a full set of storyboards for the whole movie. See how much work it is, and how hard it can be, especially if you have no film experience. You need to work fast, and communication is imperative - you're rough drafting the entire movie. Some of it will be cued for you in the script, some won't.
You really need to love doing it, to set out to do it as a career. Especially since most of the movies you'll work on won't interest you. Starting out, you'll get the direct to Bluray shit, chick flicks, stuff like that. Oh, and you'll starve. You're not gonna get near a blockbuster until you've been around and proven you can do it.
>>
>>3048043
Thanks for the input!
Not many people offer realistic and valid advice on 4chan in general so I appreciate it.
I am getting an art related degree already but I'll see if I can squeeze in another minor if I do feel like Storyboarding is for me.
I'm trying to broaden my skillset in regards to anything art related so I figured I'd look into this.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.