[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

digital art hlep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

i'm new to digital art and i can't seem to be able to paint or make anything look organic.
when i draw with a brush that's meant to be pencil, it's hard for me to shade and control it properly, same with painting/colouring shit. any tips/tutorials?
>>
>>3045246
Ctrl+Paint tutorials, do a lot of master studies, study digital works that show you hints of the process, try to replicate parts of it and make it look somewhat finished. Watch some good timelapse vids with a good process.

After a while of doing this you'll be able to start simple renderings of your own, let's say, render the pillow disney animators use to learn movements of torso, or a squishy marshmallow. A hazelnut, an apple, a coin. Throw in an odd material to spice it up here and there, something translucent, sticky, wet, hairy or reflective.
Work in values only, except from time to time do specifically a color study. Try to find the color, then color pick it and check how close you were and why it was off. Then you can render a spider or a bug, with the aid of minimal linework, FZD students do this quite a bit.
Limit your palettes, learn how to mix colors to get new ones, how to preserve vibrancy and avoid muddy color. Slowly expand your palettes and the complexity of your subject, rinse and repeat. Until you're a pro (and ideally even after that), studies should take up a significant portion of your total rendering time.

The key is simplicity, a logical and well structured approach to every problem.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.