[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is making art purely enjoyable, or do you also have to force

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Jin.Roh.jpg (219KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jin.Roh.jpg
219KB, 1280x1024px
Is making art purely enjoyable, or do you also have to force yourself to do it?
>>
seeing the fruits of your labor makes studying enjoyable
>>
>>3044975
Kind of both. It gets more enjoyable the better you get at it but on some level you have to like the actual process enough to put up with it for endless hours and repetitions
>>
>>3044975
It's really enjoyable to polish a piece to the best of your ability, but most of the time coming up with an idea for a piece is the real pain in the ass
>>
It's enjoyable.. sometimes you have to push yourself to start drawing but I always find it fun after I've started. Sometimes I have to push myself for commissions
>>
>>3045000
I feel the exact opposite. I like the initial stages but the rendering that comes after the first few hours can get boring quick
>>
>>3044975
I dunno about forcing but great art is never effortless.
>>
If you don't enjoy art, just do it. Make it a habit. Drawing one line on paper/in app every day is good enough. You'll improve fast because you're drawing several hours everyday, and you'll want to draw more.
>>
>>3044975
More of the latter.
>>
>>3044975
Both.

When you enjoy it you do more of it though.

>>3045000
For me it's the opposite! Nice trips btw.
>>
>>3044975

You're not meant to enjoy you. You suffer for it because you know its worthwhile. I only enjoy it when I know I'm in my comfort zone and that tells me its time to move on and start hating it again
>>
>>3047473
Same here, I love coming up with the concept behind a drawing or piece but the execution of it is often tricky for me
>>
>>3044975
It's purely enjoyable, until you hit a road block. It's still enjoyable even then but trying to figure out what's causing said road block might become a bit tedious after some time
>>
>>3044975
I literally can't draw if I am not enjoying the process or have an engaging idea what to draw.
It is frustrating as fuck.
>>
Artists must suffer for their work that's why it's called p a i n ting
>>
>>3047497
>You suffer for it because you know its worthwhile.

Damn. Preach. Right on.
>>
>>3047691
This, it's horrible
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.