[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does listening to music decrease the efficiency of drawing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: uqg5A6y.jpg (52KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
uqg5A6y.jpg
52KB, 1366x768px
Does listening to music decrease the efficiency of drawing?
>>
I don't know how it will in any ways.

I'd rather be blind than be deaf!
>>
Yes/No

Does it work for you? If so - Yes

Does music not cut it for you? If not - no

l m a o s m h t b h f a m it's subjective
>>
yes
you need to focus as much as possible
rather to train for 1 hour with full focus
than for longer only going on 60 percent capacity or whatever
>>
I know earplugs increase the efficiency of drawing, so I could see music doing the opposite.
>>
File: music8885885.jpg (626KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
music8885885.jpg
626KB, 600x400px
Music is in fact a distraction even when you don't realize it. There's all kinds of things proving this to be fact. You have to be a giant retard to argue against it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQMyy7PYgJE

Also, don't use the whole "but everyone is different xD" shit. The reality is, everyone is very close to being alike.
>>
>>3043517
I draw best when listening to rythm based one on a loop. Any kind of music with singing is distracting though.
>>
old video game music causes me to focus more or at least makes it seem like it because it triggers the old trying to get through hard bullshit in vidya mode and i end up drawing a lot more.
>>
>>3044704
to add to this when i draw in silence (usually i have background videos i dont pay attention to) the same thing happens as well.
>>
>>3044705
even more elaboration. it is only certain game music which i had a lot of listening to when i was a kid.
>>
>>3044710

Isn't it simply latent inhibition - a capacity to ignore stimuli that experience has shown are irrelevant to your needs.
It doesn't contradict what others said about music: your brain is able to specifically filter and ignore those sounds because it knows them perfectly. I put sounds of rain and it works just like a charm, but music distracts me. My guess is that you're using that specific music as some kind of white noise, it isolates you from the outside world and stay focused.
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (1MB, 1588x2312px) Image search: [Google]
1 (2).jpg
1MB, 1588x2312px
Yes, it decreases your concentration but that can be a good thing.

Sinix just talked about this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy1i0Ka6MYk

If you use 100% of your focus and willpower you'll get tired very quickly and it doesn't necessarily makes the picture better. Feng also said something similar. He prefers to be half focused while working.
I like to compare it to having sex for the first time. You're anxious and overreacting to every small nuisance. One little mistake and you think you're fucked up for life. Just chill out and keep going.

Something people don't talk about much is that art quality has a direct correlation with time spent as much as with skill. A painting can get exponentially better with just a few more hours spent on it, even if the artist has the very same amount of skill. This is not "polishing a turd", since you can still make huge fundamentals changes later on. Like changing the perspective or the composition despite being 6 hours in.

Therefore something that helps you paint longer is definitively a positive.
>>
I find podcasts to be better to listen to than music. Just talking in general. When it's music I try to enjoy the music, but podcast let me just listen.
>>
I find that music works best when I'm not using my intellectual faculties as much, when rendering for instance. Then I can "turn off the brain" and just work purely with my eyes so to speak. When planning a composition and trying to figure out anatomy and construction etc. I find music to be very distracting.
>>
>>3044746
yeah thats what i was kind of getting at , i have heard it so much that its like its not even there and i dont have to pay attention to it but its just a noise or something. like how we filter out the hum of refrigerators and such.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.