[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long would it take to get this good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

1 year? 3 years? 5 years?
>>
1 year if you draw everyday. Those examples doesn't look all that grand.
>>
>>3042442
LMAO, Show me 1 person who got this good in 1 year.
>>
>>3042444
don't be so obvious when you try to bait next time (less accusational statements and less acronyms like LMAO especially in caps)

i know /ic/ is easy pickings but people are getting more keen to it recently
>>
>>3042451
Stop wasting my time and respond with proof that this is achievable in a year
>>
>>3042455
see nosebro
>>
>>3042439
3 months, easy.
>>
File: evolution.jpg (1MB, 2000x1998px) Image search: [Google]
evolution.jpg
1MB, 2000x1998px
>>
It really depends on you as person and how many hours you work a day, how many days you work a month, and stuff like that. It depends on how easily you grasp certain drawing skills. A lot of factors go into how "long" it takes to get that good.

Those sketches are fun, clean, neat craftsmanship, and they have a good amount of thought put into the composition as well. Also a pretty decent grasp of perspective, but I'd say the style is a bit minimalistic (which I happen to be a fan of) but I can see how some might view it as boring.

Overall, to be able to sketch this well with a similar style and a decent eye for perspective and composition, the average art student could get to this level in a little less than a year.

If you work 4 hours a day, 4 days a week, you would be averaging 60 hours of focused drawing lessons a month. If you're doing it right and making each hour count with no summer breaks or anything, just non stop drawing and studying the art fundamentals, you could sketch on this level within a year.

Some people even faster, because they will either work harder or they will naturally pick it up quicker than others. Or some people will get to this level even slower, or never, because they can't put in more than 3 hours a week of real studying. They take huge breaks between lessons and they keep getting rusty, or naturally they just don't have the interest to truly learn how to draw.

I understand this artist works mostly in digital work as well, and animation, which could take two or more years to learn going at the 60 hour a month pace.

Either way, learning art is mostly relative, and asking questions like "how long will it take" is too vague to get a straight forward answer. You have to record the time you put into practicing your craft, and the hardest part of all, be honest with yourself. Are you really putting in 5, 10, 20 hours a week. If you really are putting in the work, you'll get this in a year.
>>
>>3042439
Honestly the 3D perspective stuff is good but the rest are almost sketches
If youre talking about being a sort of alien that has never drawn or held a pencil, then maybe, 5 weeks to get this good
>>
>>3042479
yeah 2-6 months.
>>
Studying where it pushes you past your mental capabilities is where the real progressions comes. And forget the 10,000 hours rule, that's based on a journalist's shallow understanding of the science of expertise. Hours aren't as important as difficulty.
>>
File: tfw.jpg (50KB, 480x376px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
50KB, 480x376px
>>3042481
>when you realize you'll never be good at figures so you just stop putting them in your enviros

landscape artist life :'c
>>
>>3042439
I'd say 2-3 years unless you work your absolute ass off. If we're talking from complete beginner to that level.
>>
>>3042439

1 year if you grind perspective fundamentals (FZD style) everyday.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.