[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems like this would be the best place to ask about this,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: readthetvguide.jpg (18KB, 439x360px) Image search: [Google]
readthetvguide.jpg
18KB, 439x360px
It seems like this would be the best place to ask about this, so here goes.

I want a digital tablet/screen that is similar in function to an art tablet, but with a "paperwhite"-like screen. Something that will last for AGES on the go, come with a stylus most preferably, and that I could save images to for later upload. A black-&-white camera would be okay to have on it (for reference purposes), but I really think it'd be too much.

I may be too retarded to figure out how to pose that question to Google in a way that will get me reliable results (mostly found lcd moniters that have to be plugged in to your PC to function, REALLY killing the usefulness of the device.), Just need a digital sketchpad w/stylus (not touchscreen because, fuck that shit).

>pic not related.
>>
>>3040335
There's the cintiq companion, as well as tablets that have styluses, such as the surface pro 3, ipad pro, samsung galaxy note
>>
>>3040388
>cintiq companion
After looking at it, I think I'm not communicating correctly what it is that I'm looking for. I really don't give a fig for color on this device, just looking for something I could pack into my go bag and draw on for WEEKS at a time, then transfer the sketches onto my desktop for actual editing. I think I found something though, Parblo, Improv, and Weiliante all seem to make a graphic tablets that are what I'm looking for.
>>
>>3040461
or not. 15 products later, and I'm still not able to find out that can store a picture long enough for transfer. Seems like a weirdly obvious omission to make. Like, if there's a charge-cord, why can't it transfer a bmp/jpg/gif/png/wtfever?
>>
It's a great idea, an e-reader-like thing that is a sketchpad instead with a camera and pressure sensitivity, but it doesn't exist.
Closest things that do exist are, are things like iPads, Surface tablets, Cintiq Companion or a simple paper sketchbook.
>>
>>3040510
I ordered a boogie board sync, it came the closest to what I want, but like, I think it only saves in *.pdf . I'll probably be dissapointed, but w/e.
>>
>>3040510

https://youtu.be/pEw6N9Xd6uE
>>
>>3040579
That's a thing of beauty, Anon. I'm so tempted to order one of the October models, but I just can't justify $600+ for a doodle-Kindle. Maybe $300 is right about my breaking point, but on the other hand, it looks fucking GLORIOUS.
>>
>>3040560
>I think it only saves in *.pdf
what seams to be the problem? have pdf on your main computer and export using it
>>
>>3040335
>>3040461
iPad Pro + Apple Pencil

There's also a new thing coming out called Remarkable which uses e-ink for the screen.
>>
>>3042293

They seem to be going on a 33% preorder sale at $479, which is a bargain because keep in mind this is a ultra niche product and will never sell below $300.

I say this as someone who looked for exactly what you're after years ago, back the Asus EEE Note was what closely matched that criteria (pic related) it was a great device for me and was ahead of its time for may things imo, but it had a lot of compromises and limitations.
So it's great to see that 7 years later they have more or less created the perfect e-ink graphic tablet at a decent price (I say decent price again because in comparison Sony sells a similar product called the Digital DPT-RP1 paper, and sold at $1000 when it came out without even pressure sensitivity)

Me personally? my needs have changed a bit so I got a Lenovo Yoga Book, which is a brilliant device (normal tablet on one side, and wacom tablet on the other) and you can draw with A5 paper

Other options you might wanna look at:
-Onyx Boox Max Carta (overpriced too and doesn't seem as fine tuned for artists)
-iSkn Slate (doesn't seem to work well at all and works differently)
>>
>>3043121
I'm sorry, I'm just not going to buy that furry shit, anything else?
>>
>>3045077

Wow, did you even bother reading the post? I didn't suggest this old device, it was merely a comparison of old vs new tech. I'm done wasting my time on you anyway
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.