[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Improve this comic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: 1482856976123.png (990KB, 834x5638px) Image search: [Google]
1482856976123.png
990KB, 834x5638px
Committing a cardinal /ic/ sin: I am not the artist.

I am however, in contact with the artist re: redoing this comic to make it better so I would like to hear other opinions.

It's fairly sloppy as it is (it was scribbled for a /co/ drawthread) so here's the synopsis if you can't decipher it (Swat Kats characters, by the way): Ann is jealous of Callie's chest and the attention it gets her. She tries to retaliate by running out to buy a very revealing dress but the men still prefer Callie and Abby to her. Later, she has gotten breast implants to try to outdo Callie but Callie isn't petty enough to even realize what she's doing, meaning Callie's morally superior as well as having superior natural beauty. Ann's back hurts from the sudden new weight on her chest.

Here's what I've got already:
-Ann's implants should be comically large so she looks more ridiculous in her attempt to outdo Callie

-Since the plot is about Ann having a jealous rivalry with Callie, is including Abby for one panel just a distraction? But her appearance effectively escalates the situation instead of just repeating it, which is vital for the rhythm of the comic. Is there a way to accomplish this with only Callie? Or would making her more prominent in the panel with Abby do the job?
>>
For reference here's a picture by a different artist which the costume design in the comic clearly borrows from. It is in turn based on the famous photo of Sofia Loren and Jayne Mansfield.

Should Callie perhaps be without her glasses in the comic? It fits the formal party atmosphere better I think but the glasses are a highly recognizable part of her design so maybe that would be a mistake.
>>
>>3040214
So you don't want to pay an artist
>>
>>3040216
Read the OP again:
>I am however, in contact with the artist re: redoing this comic to make it better
Maybe I should have mentioned; I'll be paying him to redo it.
>>
OP here again.

I think the reason the panel with Abby is such a problem is because of how prominent she in in the panel. If Callie was still the center that probably fix the problem. Also adding Felina to the panel would also remove the focus on either of them individually as new elements to the comic.

A follow up panel with a close-up of Callie and then one of Ann looking angry would reinforce the connection between the two characters that's needed going into the final phase of the comic.

Does /ic/ offer advice on making comics or is it entirely about drawing itself?
>>
>>3040214
Why dont you learn to draw yourself? That way you dont need to pay an artist and you dont need to try to trick some idiot on /ic/ (Who will never show up) to draw your shit for you.
>>
>>3042445
>you dont need to try to trick some idiot on /ic/ (Who will never show up) to draw your shit for you.
I guess it should be obvious that drawing doesn't train reading comprehension.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.