[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

daily reminder realism ≠ good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1393871402999.png (137KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1393871402999.png
137KB, 300x300px
daily reminder realism ≠ good
>>
>>3039875
daily reminder: good art = good art

bad realism = bad art
bad animu = bad art
>>
daily reminder you can do anything once you do realism
>>
copying a photo 1:1 ≠ artistic skill or talent
>>
>>3039911
Depends? If you paint academically you can literally only do photorealism from still life or photo.
>>
daily reminder OP ≠ gonna make it
>>
>>3039875
i think a better reminder is that realism =/= reality, and that realism is just a style like any other.
>>
>>3039915
>photorealism from still life
I don't think you understand what photorealism is
>>
>>3039875

Academic painting is indeed shit, but varying degrees of realism really make some pieces.

I mean, is Syd Mead art realistic or not? Or Moebius, it can be really realistic and sometimes really not.
>>
>>3039945
>Academic painting is indeed shit
Whew that's a bit of a broad statement isn't it. I can agree it's tedious tho
>>
>>3039875
How can i use my realism skills in interesting impressive ways? I mean realism itself impresses normies, but I want to aim higher
>>
>>3039957
That is something you as an artist must find out for yourself. Learn art history or something.
>>
>>3039927
idk you could theoretical use made up photographic distortion and colors and what not to make it look like a painting of a photo
>>
>>3039875
>can't do realism
>starts thread shitting on it
>>
>>3040017
what you see with your eyes have "photographic distortion"
>>
>>3040022
no what i see with my eyes has "eye distortion"
>>
Illusion and portrayal of reality onto a surface = careful attention to detail, and knowledge of what makes up what humans typically percieve, and the skill to actuallt draw it.

Knowledge and skill = lots of time learning and studying and practicing

Learning and practicing = long hours, long days, long nights

Long days = mental and physical stamina

Mental and physical stamina = ability to focus and self-discipline

Focus and self-discipline = drive

Drive = has a license

License = to kill

To kill = murder

Murder = guilt and prison

Guilt and prison = mental breakdown

Mental breakdown = Suicide

Realism = Suicide
>>
>>3040056
Ow = The Edge.

>>3039917
>He thinks that copying a photo makes someone an artist
=ngmi
>>
...this thread is why they say /ic/ is the most easily trolled board.
>>
>>3039875
Art cant be classified as good or bad
>>
>>3039911

Reminder that that's wrong.
>>
>>3039927

It's used as a shorthand for "so realistic it could be a photo", I don't think it requires it to actually be copied from a photo.
>>
>>3040132
...and only trolls with bad standards will try to troll a community that wants to be trolled.
>>
>>3041389
that's wrong, besides it's stupid because ordinary realism is actually supposed to be more realistic than a photo
>>
>>3041369
Of course it can : if I ask you to draw an apple, and the result doesn't look like a realistic OR stylized apple at all, you did it wrong => that was a bad artwork...
>>
File: 1497072871591.jpg (294KB, 676x529px) Image search: [Google]
1497072871591.jpg
294KB, 676x529px
>>3039911
>daily reminder
>>
>>3039908
Thread should've ended here.

Anyway, if you can't into realism, you probably can't into any stylised cool shits. It's so annoying when faggots like OP pretends drawing like shit is an art style. Everyone remembers Picasso for his stylised art but people always leave out how Picasso basically mastered realism before he went on to do stuff he liked.
>>
>>3039911
except have good aesthetic tastes
>>
>>3040056
C-can we talk about it anon? im getting a bit scared.
>>
>>3039911
>>
>>3045905
damn you still assblasted about that
>>
>>3045905
Jesus christ PROKO
>>
Can we ever get The courbets, millets, manets back? Where'd they all go? Nothings wrong with realism it's when they suck the life out of it with a sponge in order to get classical realism that it goes bad.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.