[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /ic/ know of any video series on sculpting?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_onqtpbRya71r9db3do1_1280.jpg (99KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onqtpbRya71r9db3do1_1280.jpg
99KB, 1080x1080px
Does /ic/ know of any video series on sculpting?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 1000x664px
Anyone?
>>
>>3039458
New Masters Academy has quite a few traditional sculpting series
>>
>>3039458
Check David Lemon, he has youtube channel and some instructional DVDs - https://www.youtube.com/user/clayguy1
>>
>>3039458
Id recommend going to workshops. Not easy to learn on your own.
>>
>>3039458
Start with Zbrush.
>>
>>3040237
Digital =/= Real life
>>
>>3040240
Lol let's see your work? I'll send u some of my digital sculpting if you send yours. (I'm not saying mine is great, but it is at a decent level)
>>
>>3040250
I'm not saying digital isn't valid, just that sculpting in digital programs is completely different than sculpting in real life.
>>
>>3040262
>I'm not saying digital isn't valid, just that sculpting in digital programs is completely different than sculpting in real life.
True but it teaches u the fundamentals. Like Rafael Grassetti took one class with Allen Lee and all his sculptures were 10/10 and he had never touched clay before hand.
>>
>>3040265
Yeah a lot of the skills transfer over. You're still sculpting, just using different tools. Don't think you will pick up Zbrush and becoming good fast just because it's digital. That is why you see that a lot of Zbrush artist can do clay sculpts too.
>>
>>3040288
>s. Don't think you will pick up Zbrush and becoming good fast just because it's digital. That is why you see that a lot of Zbrush artist can do clay sculpts too.
This comment gives me hope for the IC community. Have a good day dude.
>>
Anything I can grab off of cgpeers?
>>
>>3040396
>is comment gives me hope for the IC community. Have a good day dude
Sure what do u want a course or zbrush?
Here is an excellent sculpting tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgk8posIzQ
Watch that at 0.25x the speed. Probably my favourite one. I liked it more than anyother one for beginning.
Here are the results of what I did 2 years ago.
http://imgur.com/A1Ur96V
>>
>>3040406
Thanks. and great work man
>>
>>3040629
>Thanks. and great work man
Lol np dude. Happy to help.
>>
I'd like to know about videos on trad sculpting too but first I'd like to know where to start?
>>
>>3040657
>like to know about videos on trad sculpting too but first I'd like to know where to sta
Any Allen Lee course. Honestly for beginner stuff you can find that stuff anywhere. For learning anatomy I would recommend sketching. Find an ecorche model on sketchfab and choose one part and draw it 9 times from reff and 9 times from memory.
>>
What clay do you use and would you recommend it? I use Super Sculpey firm and it's pretty difficult to make workable so I'd like to switch. A few instagrams I follow use Super Sculpey living doll and their stuff comes out nice.
>>
>>3040787
>I'd like to know about videos on trad sculpting too but first I'd like to know where to start?
Honestly, it doesn't really matter just make sure you get some decent beginner tools.
>>
I hadn't thought of looking stuff up online. There's an art centre near me that does a Figurative sculpture course pretty cheap so I'm doing that instead.
>>
>>3041185
I live on an island that hasn't got any art related courses or schools even. So while I' live here I've got to look for stuff online.
>>
>>3041372
>n an island that hasn't got any art related courses or schools even. So while I' live here I've got to look for stuff online.
Learning online is almost always better unless you have a great teacher. Allot of those classes have people who really aren't in a position to be teaching.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.