[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 10

File: VS.jpg (201KB, 2108x1356px) Image search: [Google]
VS.jpg
201KB, 2108x1356px
Which one?
>>
File: huion giano.jpg (307KB, 960x811px) Image search: [Google]
huion giano.jpg
307KB, 960x811px
>>3038859
This one.
>>
>>3038859
>S
>>3038865
+
>>
>>3038859
I'd def go for the star, the S size is really.. well, there's a reason why it's so freaking cheap compared to other models.

This >>3038865 on the other hand is the other extreme. I own the giano and a smaller huion H610pro and I have to say, the big surface area is a meme.
To calculate the optimal tablet size without having to try it, imagine the drawing on your monitor screen stretched across the tablet active area and compare it to how big you're used to draw when working traditionally.
If you had a giano with a small laptop, it would feel like drawing on a full scale A2 paper.

Also consider huion new 1060 plus and Q11K, those look really sweet.
>>
Only Cintiq 22HD is worth to buy
>>
>>3038906
>the big surface area is a meme.

Cute

>imagine the drawing on your monitor screen stretched across the tablet active area and compare it to how big you're used to draw when working traditionally.

No shit? Well guess what: The Giano's drawing surface is about the size of a 15.6 inch laptop monitor, which is pretty much the bare minimum these days. In a world where tablets with screens on them are generally believed to be ideal there's no reason to criticize a tablet for being as close an approximation as possible.
>>
In terms of performance (responsiveness, tracking, lag...) are they the same?

Also, it seems the RPS varies on the star 05 depending if you go either wireless or cabled (150 to 250) is that much difference? is it the same shit with the intuos 6?
>>
Arent they coming out with a new XP-Pen model soon. Maybe you should wait.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>3038859
Missing the master race.
>>
>>3038933
Screen tablets are popular because they have a fucking screen, not because they are some specific size.

I don't think I understand your thought process, m8. There's no need for a tablet surface to be close to the size of your screen, if you were to display your drawing on a 60" television for some reason, do you think using it with a fucking 60" pen tablet would be even remotely comfortable?
Same principle.
At some point the active area is so large you get too much friction from your pen dragging it 20 cm across the surface, which both slows you down and wears out your nib.
It comes down to preference but if you think it's "the bigger the better", you're getting meme'd.
>>
Cintiq and Cintiq Companion combo
>>
File: flair440.jpg (30KB, 440x345px) Image search: [Google]
flair440.jpg
30KB, 440x345px
Is it worth buying a cheap drawing "surface" like wacom intuos? I've always drawn on paper, once tried drawing with a tablet but it sucked since it was like 20 years old.
>>
>>3038859
I'm using new 1060 huion with 27" monitor and it's pretty ok.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (26KB, 521x730px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
26KB, 521x730px
>>3039116
Perhaps they're popular because of the screen, but they're believed to be better at even the highest levels because unlike most conventional tablets they don't turn 1 centimeter of stylus movement into a seven inch fap stroke in your software-that's their true utility to which the screen itself is basically immaterial.

>if you were to display your drawing on a 60" television for some reason, do you think using it with a fucking 60" pen tablet would be even remotely comfortable?

Nice reducto ad absurdum fampaisano, be realistic.

>At some point the active area is so large you get too much friction from your pen dragging it 20 cm across the surface, which both slows you down and wears out your nib.

Dragging your pen 20 cm to make a 23 cm equivalent stroke in your software will always be preferable to dragging your pen 20 cm to make a 30 cm stroke. The closer your physical movement reflects the movement of your cursor in your monitor the better-it doesn't matter how big or small the stroke itself is. All we're doing by using a smaller tablet is greatly increasing the minimum size of the stroke we're able to make which exacerbates our pre-existing physical limitations we have to fight against even when drawing traditionally.

If you think the Giano is too large for ergonomic reasons you're also saying that something like the Cintiq 22HD is too large as well as it represents a much larger drawing surface and puts further obligation on the user to swing their arms around like a orangutan. The truth is this is a non-issue unless you've developed bad drawing habits like relying 100% on your wrist.
>>
>>3039287
Not the other anon
But is there a "active-area resolution"?

Like are there tablets that capture less/more information per inch than others?
>>
>>3039398
yes, tablets have different pressure levels and reading speeds.
>>
>>3039398
also tablets have different amounts of lines per inch (lpi)
>>
File: ded.jpg (30KB, 595x540px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
30KB, 595x540px
>>3039398
I'm glad you asked, I don't know much about it but I believe there is. The Giano has a larger active area than the Intuos Large and more or less feels similar under most conditions, but one phenomenon I noticed was that the minimum amount of movement you can make is actually very slightly larger-at least at the absolute shortest strokes. Miscellaneous things like that as well as the less than stellar pressure sensitivity are why I give the nod to the Intuos Large in spite of it being over twice as expensive, but it's still in my opinion superior to any similarly priced tablet out there whether we're talking about the ones from Wacom or the redundant models that Huion has come out with since.
>>
File: IMG_20170606_165819.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_165819.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Huion 1060pro is really good
Drivers just werk, pen feels much better than Wacom
>>
>>3038865
Got this recently. It's my first tablet, and so far I dig it. I use it with my laptop and its probably about the same size as my screen, I have had to learn to draw bigger but other than that no problems. 8/10
>>
>>3039800
im thinking of picking one up, how would you say it would be for a starter?
>>
>>3039164
Get a tablet decent enough not to have an excuse and stick with it for a couple months at least before writing it off. It's a completely new medium to use with different tools and principles, frustration is inevitable.

>>3039287
>Dragging your pen 20 cm to make a 23 cm equivalent stroke in your software will always be preferable to dragging your pen 20 cm to make a 30 cm stroke.
How about not having to drag it for 20 cm in the first place, wouldn't that be the best?
>Nice reducto ad absurdum fampaisano
What's wrong with reducto ad absurdum argument? If I prove the principle, I prove the point.
>is Cintiq 22HD is too large as well
It isn't, but not because of the retarded 1:1 meme, but because the cintiq is also your monitor screen, which means if it's too small, you won't see your drawing and therefore lose a lot of precision.

>>3039890
There's two versions
>1060 plus
>new 1060 plus (in anon's pic)
The latter is better, mainly because of the smooth screen transition that makes it feel bigger than it actually is.

Also check out Q11K, it's their newest model, is wireless, has fewer keys and no soft buttons (do people actually use these?) and a much better pen.
>>
>>3039164
I've been working with an intuos the past couple of weeks and it's pretty smooth.
>>
File: toonfig.jpg (31KB, 604x659px) Image search: [Google]
toonfig.jpg
31KB, 604x659px
>>3039967
>How about not having to drag it for 20 cm in the first place, wouldn't that be the best?

You mean like you do on all but the very, very smallest models of the World Renowned® Cintiq brand of tablets? With this logic, the larger sized conventional tablets would be superior because they're only trad-tier on a typical consumer laptop monitor which is smaller than what many people use anyway.

>What's wrong with reducto ad absurdum argument?

Because it's absurd. We could suggest OP get a $30 signature tablet with a drawing area the size of a wallet because "the size doesn't matter anyway bro lmoa" but we'd be wrong--at least our suggestion would be based on actual products that exist in reality, though.

For that matter, if you think drawing on a 60 inch television would be better using any tablet other than those that are among the largest available that's incorrect. The fact is it would suck balls to draw on using just about anything even if it was itself a Cintiq of some sort.

>It isn't...because the cintiq is also your monitor screen, which means if it's too small, you won't see your drawing

This is a non-sequitur. A large conventional tablet is bad because in your (paraphrased) words "you have to move your arm too much" and "your nibs wear out faster" (!?) but on a screen tablet these deal-breaking concerns (which are exacerbated in a big way by the Cintiq-style tablets both due to their increased size and their orientation) are suddenly a non-issue because "your hand would get in the way" otherwise?

>your hand is never in the way when you use a conventional tablet btw~

>1:1 meme

Can you imagine if a Cintiq or your pencil and paper extended each one of your 1 inch strokes by 8 centimeters? How ridiculous would that be? Yet that's exactly what's happening with these little baby tablets. Mitigating that to whatever degree possible should be a major concern but you're framing this aberration as a feature because you skipped trapezius day :O)
>>
>>3038859
>not having a cintiq in 2017
>>
>>3039800
I just ordered one of those, I debated an Intuos medium for a while but I like the size specs on this one more.
>>
File: 1493595987391.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
1493595987391.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>3039105
>n-trig
>anything but shit
>>
File: s.jpg (48KB, 388x257px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
48KB, 388x257px
>>3040140
Man, if you believe all that you've written here, I'm afraid you'll be very dissatisfied with your next tablet purchase.
Anyway, for a summary of my argument refer to pic related.
Since there's zero chance of either of us changing each other's opinion, I'm gonna call it a day.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.