[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Critique

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: received_1978361522450965.png (877KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
received_1978361522450965.png
877KB, 1280x800px
I'd argue this is one of my best pieces, but I know I need to improve. Any tips?
>>
>>3038848
First off, please post in the beginners thread.

I'd say, tackle your chicken scratching above all. Your lines are messy. Draw with long, confident strokes.
It'll yield poor results at first, but with practice you'll get way more appealing pictures.

Secondly, I'd advise you to read Loomis' fun with a pencil, to get a grasp on 3D form and construction.

Good luck!
>>
>>3038848

I'mma try and overpaint. This is gonna be fun. Try desiding if you want to paint or do a lineart.
>>
>*smack*
>>
>>3040326
Do not read fun with a pencil.
Instead, start with Scott Robertson's How to Draw. Or do drawabox.com lesson 1.

You have absolutely no understanding of form. I tried doing a paintover for you, but I gave up because I have no idea how to even decipher what you were trying to go for in your drawing.
>>
File: Drag000.jpg (647KB, 1489x800px) Image search: [Google]
Drag000.jpg
647KB, 1489x800px
>>3038848

Aye. Wasn't supposed to paint this hhit for so long but what ever. I was having too much fun.

Decide if you want to be doing a line art or a value painting. One or the other. If you're doing a line art you want to have hard, clean shading and good line work. No chicken scratching.

If you want to do a value thing, pic a light source (I picked top right) and go in with a hard brush. You can make a secondary light if you want to (I have the strong white rim light on the left) but I don't think you should be worrying about shit like that yet.

Go in with strong angular shapes first. None of that bendy shit. Think about bone structure. Could this fucker even open his mouth?

If you want to do personal pieces you need to study the shit you're about to paint first.

You're doing a dragon with a horn? -> Draw some rhinos, Komodo dragons and those spiky fuckers who live in the desert.

Good luck.
>>
>>3040397
>spiky fuckers who live in the desert

Cacti?
>>
>>3040409

What's/who's "Cacti"? Not me anyways...
>>
File: Hero shot.jpg (32KB, 430x366px) Image search: [Google]
Hero shot.jpg
32KB, 430x366px
>>3040409

Aww fuck I didn't see the green text :D! No I didn't mean cacti. I meant those spiky lizard dudes who live in the desert.
>>
>>3040354
I retract my suggestions, you are most right.
Indeed FWAP is a too much.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.