[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sycra can't improve

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: draw_it_again_by_sycra-dbbbl56.png (626KB, 1024x564px) Image search: [Google]
draw_it_again_by_sycra-dbbbl56.png
626KB, 1024x564px
Post your progress faggots
>>
>he once lacked all the horrible exaggerated habits that define him today
that's tragic
also why does he think blurring everything will improve its looks
>>
>>3038093
So getting better at rendering is the truest form of improving
>>
>>3038093
I unironically like the 2006 version more.
>>
>>3038093
His art is so gross. I still remember in previous threads where people would claim vetyr was leagues below him.
>>
>that dagger face
lmao fuck off
>>
what went wrong?
>>
>>3038129
copy that
>>
>>3038129
She's an one trick pony tho
>>
>>3038160
I think she just has far less work than him.
>>
File: 1495831021336.gif (481KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1495831021336.gif
481KB, 500x321px
>>3038093
>this is what 11 years of drawing look like
>>
>>3038123
same, pointy chins was a mistake
>>
>>3038160
Her work has very nice A E S T E T I C S though, and she has tapped into what makes tumblr tick. I've never seen someone grow as fast and as rampant as her, going from a hundred or so when I followed to thousands on every picture now. the odd time she does break from her routine it looks nice but gets fewer likes. It's a difficult balance for sure, but I can't fault her for wanting relevance and popularity
>>
>>3038093

i got into art 2013, was worse than sycra. i'm now pretty dramatically better than sycras 2017. i think /ic/ shits on sycra for a very good reason.
>>
>>3038224
This post is a meaningless shitpost if you don't back up your post with your work...
>>
Vetyr literally improved more in two years than Syrca did in 11. It's sad but also inspiring.
>>
>>3038234
Sycra is smart but just too experimental.

Most artists just relentlessly imitate their favorite one so their reach their level quicker. As they say "There are no bad tactics, only bad targets". And Sycra aims for all the bad ones.
>>
>>3038234
No she didn't. I'm pretty sure sycra has a much bigger visual library. And second, just because some artistically genius outlier like vetyr was able to make incredible progress doesn't mean that sycra made horrible progress. If you look at the progress of the vast majority of pro level artists, it generally took them 5-10 years to reach industry standard before plateauing off.
>>
>>3038243
>Most artists just relentlessly imitate their favorite one so their reach their level quicker.
So that's the secret to gains. Here I come, Ruan Jia.
>>
KNKL is better
>>
>>3038302
it helps to make a mental hitlist as you look at art.
call me edgy but i cant be the only one who, while appreciating a really nice piece, thinks to themself "youre going down"
>>
why do you fags obsess over practical nobodies who will be forgotten the instant they stop drawing

can't you make these threads about actual artists who have stood the test of history, or at least semi-famous meme artists like beksinski or whatever
>>
>sycra promoting unrealistic body standards for women since 2006
>>
File: gumball3.jpg (1MB, 1000x1765px) Image search: [Google]
gumball3.jpg
1MB, 1000x1765px
>>3038611

>thinking /ic/ digitalfaggots have taste

Haha, good joke. Even good artists that do digital are nowadays overlooked on /ic/, people know the name of Ruan Jia because it is a meme by now, sometimes they hear about Jaime Jones, very rarely Simon Stålenhag.

James Jean is practically unknown and tradfags like Shane Wolf or Guillermo Lorca are "who is that?" tier.

And I bet not a single one of the "old mastuhhrs, oil only FINAL DESTINATION" crowd ever saw pic related by Tony Curanaj.
>>
So what exactly do you guys dislike about sycra work.
>>
>>3038639
God, you're a pretentious moron. People don't talk about the likes of Sycra because they don't know of any better artists, you idiot.
>>
>>3038639
Namedropping unemployed hobos doesn't make you good, LOL.
>>
File: boog.jpg (146KB, 1154x1377px) Image search: [Google]
boog.jpg
146KB, 1154x1377px
>>3038639
>shane wolf
>guillermo lorca
>tony curanaj
>>
>>3038160
If her one trick is not having a chisel for a face then she's leagues ahead.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 340x526px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 340x526px
>>3038639
James Jean is a god.
>>
>>3038183
>>3038208
>>3039809
Not hating on Vetyr or anything, I just feel this board is really unfair with the whole Vetyr/Sycra comparison. Sycra happens to have a really shitty taste when it comes to his personal work, but I would still hire him over Vetyr to illustrate anything that is not an attractive face with a colorful gimmicky background.
Stop being so easily impressionable, gee...
>>
>>3038224
Post work.
>>
File: merc_wip.jpg (228KB, 776x1119px) Image search: [Google]
merc_wip.jpg
228KB, 776x1119px
>>3038639
You know exactly why no one likes the image you posted.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.