[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is jealousy a good way to motivate yourself into becoming better?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1497064094538.jpg (29KB, 753x621px) Image search: [Google]
1497064094538.jpg
29KB, 753x621px
Is jealousy a good way to motivate yourself into becoming better?
>>
>>3036076
no, all my fans are still shit.
>>
>>3036076
if it makes you happy
>>
>>3036076
Just draw you stupid cunt
>>
>>3036076
No, you'll burn out and break over it.
>>
>>3036076
No, you will be driven to hate everything you do by your constant comparisons.

Source: I burn myself on this all the god damn time.
>>
Jealousy can motivate you when you have the respect and discipline to realize that it is misplaced admiration, otherwise it will eat you alive.
>>
>>3036076
Draw because you like drawing, dont draw just to be better than someone else.
>>
>>3036076
no, but spite is a nice additional spice
>>
>>3036086
yeah i used to be jealous and it destroyed my will to do art for around a year, when i started doing it for the fun it was good again
if you fuel yourself with jealousy knowing thats what you want, then do it. if its not what you want you will melt down so fast man
>>
>>3036076
Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a weak faggot. Competition is the ultimate motivator.
Just don't be a retard and burn yourself out.
>>
>>3036076
No, that would be a terrible way to improve. You'll just be pissed off at yourself for not being like the artist you're jealous of.
Apparently, drawing lewd's will actually motivate you more since your brain is now associating drawing with that 'feel good' boner feeling. its weird but it does work.
>>
>>3036076
Yes it's a tactic for survival in our genetics.
>>
>>3036076
If you know how to not let the jealously eventually be the only reason you draw.
I used to draw out of jealousy and I did improve but eventually all I could focus on when drawing was if It's worth anything since someone else is always better than me and i'll never be the best.

Perhaps you have more thought control than me though.
>>
>>3036076
Probably but it won't make your genitals any bigger. If nothing else, you'll just end up insecurely trolling /ic for days instead of developing an IRL artist network like an emotionally healthy person.

If you you learn nothing else from this board, at least don't end up like nosetard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.