[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a godlike artist, an embodiment of creativity,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: HRBwKtO.jpg (168KB, 751x1100px) Image search: [Google]
HRBwKtO.jpg
168KB, 751x1100px
How do I become a godlike artist, an embodiment of creativity, an unprecedented visioner and true auteur of art
>>
>>3035976
You don't. If you can't figure out by yourself at least.
Now fuck off back do biz or adv
>>
>>3035976
dedicate your entire life to creating your own thing. Sacrifice everyhting that keeps you from doing so.

>literally finish something
>improve upon it in it's next iteration/chapter etc,etc,
>do this forever
>>
>>3035981
The fuck you talking about homeboy, this is something that doesnt have just one path, I am curious how would other people try to obtain the godhood.
>>
>>3035976
You will never be a great artist. You don't have the inherit desire to learn if you did you wouldn't be posting on a Chinese quilting forum asking such an obvious question. You'd be studying. Using Google which has all the resources you need. Going to art school. Something. But you made this dumb thread. You like the idea of being a great artist but you will never put in the effort. You only want to know the quick shortcuts of which there are none.
>>
File: theSpark.jpg (44KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
theSpark.jpg
44KB, 575x1024px
>>3035976

Let me ignore the most obvious answer and play
lil'Devil's advocate for a post.

So you cannot be satisfied with being a mere pro and absolutely needs to aim for the pinnacle?

In my absolutely not humble opinion, three possible - though simplistic, incomplete and therefore unsatisfying - answers

First is that those geniuses did what everyone did but somehow became better - it doesn't matter if it's because of the Spark/Ligameme/Talent/High IQ... or simply working harder/smarter.
Just go to the Sticky, follow the same road than us, work as hard and smart that you can and become better than us in a short amount of time. Humiliate Nosebro in gesture battles, I double dare you.

Second is that they become better than us but through a different road. In which case, asking us isn't exactly the best move.

You should try to learn about your favorite artists, what their routine is, how do they work, how did they learn - my guess is that you'll find they have idiosyncrasies (like Miura prefering to work all night) but also common point (would be surprised if they all didn't work a lot - like, a lot).

From there, realize that you have a lot of tries to do before finding what works best for you. Keep a journal of your findings and tests. Those notes should prove handy. Be prepared to be surprised and make errors.

Hum... You still there?
Oh yes, the third option. Well, Destiny. Can't talk about it, I was initiated in Tibet and swore an oath, you know. Seriously, it's a fatalistic vision and only worth mentioning for completeness, but it won't do you any good to believe that the Sky will do anything for you. If it's your cup of tea, see it as a duty to fulfill, begin every day with a prayer but then work on it like a Space Marine sent by the Emperor of Mankind.
>>
>>3036060
First one seems most correct. Having a high iq doesn't set you up for success automatically but... it kinda also does, from what studies have shown. There certainly does seem to be a genetic component in the traits you are endowed with.
2nd would then be a offshoot of the prequisites in the 1st option, since people who are really into their work spend a lot of time on it etc.
Destiny is a fucking meme tho, there's no objective basis for it, and you're implying e. g. that an alciholic loser is a destiny, not a failure of parenting, taking away all hint of responsibility or cause and effect.
>>
>>3035984
I didn't say that there's just one path, but if you're that insecure that you have to ask on this memeboard you're probably too weak-willed anyway.
>>
>>3035976
pic unrelated
>>
>>3036105
>tfw dumb as a rock but good hearted which got me fucked super hard through the decades
well thanks life
>>
>>3036166
>How do you know that?

From Berserk Illustration Files, second page, he says that he has the life of a Vampire.

He describes his days as follows:
> 07 ot 08 pm, he gets up (yes, pm)
> works between 08.30 and 09 pm
> eats, goes back to work
> eats again from 3 to 3.30 am (watch vidya while eating)
> eats again at 6 am
> stop working around 12.00, or 03 pm if needed
> Go to bed, sleep, repeat

Also noteworthy, he took no vacation day for a year at the time this book was printed. Clearly not the artist dream life, walking around Paris with my personal Lobster.
>>
>>3035976
If you have to ask you are already destined to be mediocre. The simple fact that you ask this means you will never be. You will be mediocre and just another face in the crowd.

You will never be godlike period.

Find another field.
>>
>>3035976
It's not a question of "how can I become the greatest artist?", it's a question of "can I become the greatest artist?"
>>
>>3035976
Drawing, any retard with arms and a functional brain can learn given time and material

Creativity is the true talent you can't learn
>>
>>3036855
Creativity is linked to your visual library.
The more you work and the more media you consume, the more you can combine and copy.
>>
>>3036892
>Creativity is linked to your visual library.
>The more you work and the more media you consume, the more you can combine and copy.
Eh...that's not entirely true. Someone can have a huge visual library and still be unable to actually combine any of it to form interesting ideas. Many of them just end up doing derivative work that barely deviates from the original idea. You can trace a DIRECT LINE from their idea to the original and that's a sign of lacking creative ability. Someone who is truly creative can get vague and even contradictory concepts from literally anything in life and be inspired to create something that has no direct visual connection that any normal person would figure out. Their brain operates on another level.

I know some artists who just couldn't be creative to save their life despite the fact we watch and read many of the same things. They will ask me how I think of my ideas and I will start making completely bonkers connections between things and they look at me like i'm a total fucking weirdo that is pulling their leg. They just don't GET how I make connections from one idea to another even when I try to explain it in explicit detail. So I know better than to ever try to explain it again because it apparently makes me look like a lunatic.
>>
>>3036060
Don't believe in the destiny bullshit but other than that really convincing points, good luck on your journey anon.
>>
Read biographies of the past: this will show you that there is no universal behaviour, philosophy or approsch that lead to producing masterpiece.

Anons will tell you that you have to start painting when you're 3, that you have be smart, that you can't make it because you are doubting yourself, that you have to do this and believe in that. It's all bullshit. For every prescription you've got in this thread there are countless great artists that simply do not fit these "rules". By reading biographies you will quickly discover that there is only one shared element between all great artists of genius, which is that at some point they produced a masterpiece. This is how much someone can tell you about becoming a genius in the arts, everything else is just moralist blabbering that choses to ignore the history of art in order to push their moral preferences on others.
>>
File: randysavage.jpg (67KB, 620x800px) Image search: [Google]
randysavage.jpg
67KB, 620x800px
>>3035976
as with anything

master the basics

piggyback on those that inspire you by mimicking their methods

once you truly understand them you must disregard them

follow your instincts, practice every day

once you have mastered yourself creativity will speak out should you lend it an ear
>>
>>3035976
It comes from the soul or some desire to be closer to God. Doesnt matter how many loomis you do or what age you start
>>
>>3036917
I believe you can practice this.
Take two things without apparent relation and make them relate to eachother.
For some this might come more naturally but everyone can learn it.
>>
>>3037050
>drawing is a mythical skill inherent to some spirit
Drawing is a technical skill that everyone with working neurons, eyes and hands can learn.
>>
>>3037075
>technical skill is all there is too art
might as well become a draguhtsman or a carpenter
>>
>>3037074
>For some this might come more naturally but everyone can learn it.
I disagree. For some people it's a really hard mental block they just can't overcome because the way they fundamentally think is preventing it. On the technical side of art with proper instruction you can pretty much guarantee success in 5,000-10,000 hours. When it comes to creativity there is no real respected or proven system to teach it and there certainly isn't data to say "if you spend 'x' time you will become creative". Some people will just always be illustrators and doing mundane technical work. Creativity is one of those esoteric hard to quantify things.
>>
>>3037088
Yes, that is correct.
>>
>>3037216
If you are "just" an illustrator your visual library isn't big enough. Someone who takes in loads will invariably incorporate that. This is an iterative process, you don't become creative, but rather your creativity becomes more diverse and in time unique because of your personalised media consumption and creation. Time is largely the biggest factor.
>>
>>3036996
Most honest advice in this thread. Everyone else here is full of shit.
>>
>>3035976
Turn your entire life into a piece of art.

Or wait until you hit 30. Shit gets super fucking weird then.
>>
>>3035976
every piece of my life will mean something to someone
>>
>>3036407
>07 ot 08 pm, he gets up (yes, pm)
Ever since I became a NEET, I've been doing this too. No matter how many times I fix my sleep schedule, I end up going back to a nocturnal cycle sooner or later. Maybe it's the mark of a true artist (but probably not)
>>
>>3036130
Fucking kys
>>
>>3035976
You need something to say or a story that you want to convey through your art. Not necessarily a direct message, but can be an appreciation or fascination with something. What do you want to say?
>>
>>3037216
You are just supposing there is a retard that can't fucking think and have a single digit IQ, of course he won't learn how to be creative.
>>
>>3037397
I don't think some guy being able to turn a crab into some robotic armor concept is comparable on a creative level to someone who can get abstract unrelated concepts and turn them into creative things.

What you're talking about is "basic" creativity which I guess it's sad to see artists not even having that but it's by no means inspiring. There is nothing inspiring to me on a personal level about someone who has very basic creativity because it's the base line of what I EXPECT from an artist. Kind of like I expect them to be able to draw a clean line or know basic anatomy or whatever else.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.