[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sketchbook brands?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 20170528_222648.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170528_222648.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
Hey /ic/, what brand of sketchbook do you prefer, what's the dimensions and why?

Any recommendations on a brand that alcohol based markers will not bleed through or show on the reverse side of the page? Nothing irks me more than flipping through my sketchbook and seeing blobs on the reverse side.

>pic related current sketchbook (moleskine)
>>
Anybody¿
>>
It depends where you are and what's available, your budget, ect. The crescent rendr sketchbook is made for markers, but a bit pricey.
Canson marker xl is a bound pad, not a sketchbook but does have a lot of paper (100 sheets).
I think there is an actual copic sketchook as well, which is similar to the rendr one. And there's always the option of just binding your own marker paper into a custom book.
>>
>>3035679
I like the monologue sketchbook by Grandluxe. Cheap and resilient.
>>
>>3037047
Marker paper? Is that what it's called? I've always drawn a lot but never used good markers. Binding my own, that sounds cool! Money isn't an object here I spend a lot of time drawing And I hate the mess from markers bleeding.
>>
>>3037112
Yeah, marker paper will stop bleed-through as well as making it easier to blend smoothly as well colour without feathering and streaks. There's a fair few brands available, it's just the hardcover sketchbooks that are a bit scarce, excepting the ones I mentioned. If you use mainly ink and markers it's worth it since you are p much rendering half the pages in a dry media sketchbook unusable through bleeding anyway. Also, your work is nice and worthy of a nice paper.
>>
I work with watercolors and ink, I'm using two watercolor sketchbooks atm, one landscape moleskine and one portrait global art materials, Both a4 which is the size I like the most for portability and to draw indoors too, also for details, they are a little expensive but I love them, especially the global art one.

I use sketchbooks as a art diary, they help me to notice drawing mistakes, give me a cronology and build memories after I look back
>>
I want to work with Ink, Gouache and maybe some markers.
What are some good options?
>>
>>3035679
ayy that's a dope piece OP.
>>
>>3037535
bump 4 this
>>
File: daily driver.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
daily driver.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>
>>3037536
Thanks, it's drawn from shirow masamune. Hes an amazing artist.
>>
>>3037542
triggered
>>
>>3035679
OP, please kill yourself. That sketch is an unfinished and atrocious copy of a much better artist that you took at a shitty brightness and angle and covered in your "tools" to hide it even more so. It is rare to see drawing driven by such faggotry.

Kill
Your
Self

>>3037536
Get some taste
>>
>>3037592
I never claimed it was my own work. You've never copied another artist? I like to as a warm up, it helps to feel the lines they made.

You're a stuck up bitch. Take your thumb out of your ass, it would help your art.
>>
>>3035679
>>3035679
>>3035679
>>3035679

Where can I see more of your work? Can you scan that image? It's really fucking rad.
>>
>>3035679
for pocket books or smallish books for the edc, then moleskine.

for larger stuff, literally anything that has smooth white pages.
One of my fav brands used to have hardback all smooth bright white pages. That shit was so clean and cash, but then I one day after I had bought another one as per usual, I found that they kept the first and last pages stark white, but all the interior pages were cheap manilla bullshit.

Also, for the tiny moleskines, i really feel they've changed their paper in the last few years.
>>
>>3035679
i have a bunch, my favorite one at the moment is this little one with graph paper in it, i can't remember where i got it but the paper is super super thick, so it takes ink really well

i like smooth paper i feel like a lot of cheaper sketch books have like the worst possible texture for drawing, i swear. i mainly use those scrap books for kids because it's just good ol' newsprint and the lel so ironic colorful dinosaurs or whatever on the cover light up my hipster bonhwa.

i also like xanax
>>
>>3039831
i think they did change their paper, i think i remember that, they changed factories i think, from europe to china maybe?, might be hallucinatory though, it's a very vague memory
>>
>>3035679
>>3037702

What Masamune Shirow image are you referencing?
>>
>>3039831
Non-watercolor moleskines are garbage now.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.