[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best paints and brands

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

So I'm planning to get back to my art crafts,

I've been good in sketching using charcoal but now would like to have some colors in my arts.

Can you suggest what are the best paints/brands I could use?

Mainly, for painting shoes, paint that suits paper arts also.

Some please?
>>
File: 1497022588367-fit.jpg (22KB, 564x428px) Image search: [Google]
1497022588367-fit.jpg
22KB, 564x428px
>painting shoes
>implying a brand could save your """art""" from its inherent shittiness

/beg/
>>
>>3035438
Hi anon,

For shoes, particularly canvas shoes, I think fabric paints or inks would be suitable. My first thought was to suggest screen printing inks as an alternative to typical acrylics. A quick google search yielded this, I'm sure you could shop around on Amazon, Blick, etc for better prices. Remember you can mix different mediums into acrylic or screenprinting inks for different consistencies and effects. Some inks you can heat set into the fabric to make them more permanent, or add a fabric fixative to skip the heat curing process. Good luck!

http://www.dharmatrading.com/paints/all-our-paints.html
>>
>>3035438
I use Marabu Textil fabric paint for shoes, these you iron when you are finished and they set into the fabric.
I do not get why you would want to use the same paint for paper as you would for things like fabrics?
Fabric paints mean someone can wear the shoes and wash them.
>>
>>3035829
Pleb coming through.

How would you transfer digital art onto the shoes?
>>
>>3035836
I do free hand.
Draw in pencil first and then add the paint and finish with a fine brush with blackpaint on.
But I am sure you could work something out with wax paper and a printer, maybe.
>>
>>3035836
Oh! you can also get fabric pens but they lack the luster that paint has.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.