[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on wacom

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: galleryimage2IntuousManga.jpg (43KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
galleryimage2IntuousManga.jpg
43KB, 960x640px
I have a Wacom tablet and I've had a lot of problems with it, but they seem to be really popular. The reason I got one in the first place was because I had heard so many people say they were the best.
It's the only tablet I've ever owned, so I don't have anything to compare it with.
>>
what problems are you having?
>>
>>3035273
I've had a shit ton of problems ever since I got it.
Currently the pressure sensitivity doesn't work and it lags. I've had times where it won't register the pen. Sometimes it does register the pen, but whenever I bring the pen close to the tablet, my cruiser goes crazy. And sometimes it just won't turn on.
>>
>>3035292
Do you have the latest version of the driver?? I had sensitivity and lag issues too but it turned out my driver for the tablet was out of date
>>
>>3035292

Make sure that you have both the proper and latest drivers and restart your pc. You really shouldn't be having these issues unless the device is defective.
>>
>>3035295
It's up to date, sometimes the only way to get it to work again is to uninstall and reinstall the driver
Do others have these problems? Or is mine just fucked up
>>
>>3035300

By the sound of it, it seems it's fucked up. Return/exchange it if possible.
>>
>>3035298
>Make sure that you have both the proper and latest drivers
If that doesn't work, try older ones. When I got my tablet, pressure sensitivity didn't work either under the latest drivers even after reinstalling them a few times. Going back to an older version fixed the issue for me.
>>
>>3035303
I've had it for several years
I think it's too late ;-;
Funnily enough, the first one I got was fucked up like this, so I returned it and got another (the one I have now)
It was just as fucked up so I thought they were just shitty tablets ;-;
>>
>>3035309
Usually, uninstalling and reinstalling the lastest driver does the trick for me.
>>
For cintiq users out there, how much did upgrading to a screen tablet impact your work? I really want to save up for one, but it's hard to justify the purchase because I'm just an intermediate hobbyist. Currently using an intuos pro, but i've been lusting after a cintiq for years. Advice?
>>
>>3035515
24HD Cintiq here. I definitely work faster, once I got used to the new arrangement of express keys. I'm more comfortable, too, because I can move the drawing surface around, whereas before the monitor never moved. I put mine on a dual-monitor arm, for even more mobility than the massive stand it came on. It's a lot more precise than using a traditional tablet, it's more like actual painting where your hand is where the art is.
>>
>>3035272
Just buy a Huion standard Tablet. I got one a year ago and literally 50% less of a Wacom one Price and 50% bigger. I though Wacom was already a meme.
>>
>>3035535
Ah it sounds awesome... Do you make art for a living? How long have you had the 24HD?

I've been eyeing the 22HD myself... My qualm is that I'm not a pro (at least not yet!). Would you recommend only buying the cintiq once you go professional?
>>
>>3035515
I bought a 13HD because it was on sale and I was curious about using a screen tablet.
I felt like I improved just using it to be honest. It was much easier to draw directly and it was quicker to draw. I know people say cintiq's don't improve your skill but I definitely feel like my anatomy has improved since I started using one. By the way, I am totally used to a non screen one, it wasn't a problem of me not being able to use it or something.
I'll probably upgrade sometime in the future but the 13HD is a good entry level one IMO. My only problem is that the backlight is a little dim for me, but I have eye problems so it might just be something that really just affects me but is fine for others.
>>
>>3035703
I was worried it would feel too cramped, but now I'm seriously considering the 13HD. When did you get yours? Would you recommend getting the 13HD now over the cintiq pro 13 that was just released?
>>
>>3035985
For the price difference vs a large Cintiq, it is definitely worth it. I got mine for €700 on amazon, I'm sure if I want to upgrade I can sell it and recoop some of my money back to put towards an upgrade.
I don't think it's cramped at all, it has a pretty large drawing space, much larger than I was expecting desu.
I got mine last march, so about 16 months ago. The only thing is that the cables are notorious for breaking down. I was worried about this and I thought my cable had been acting up so I emailed Wacom asking for a replacement. They just requested my serial number and sent me out a new cable no questions asked. Thankfully it was fine and the problem was my HDMI to mini display port adaptor instead, so I have a backup cable if my cable breaks in the future.
I just looked at the Cintiq pro 13 and by the looks of it I wouldn't choose it over the 13HD. The touch feature is largely useless imo and it's lacking the key buttons on the side which I find incredibly useful for switching tools. The cable management looks a mess and it's also more expensive. So imo it seems a bit worse than the 13HD.
>>
>>3035515
had an intuos, upgraded to a cintiq 13hd.

It's a realy improvement, simply because of how much more fun it is to actually use it.

However, one thing annoys the fuck out of me: for some stupid reason they didn't include the intus touchstrip on the cintiq 13hd - meaning changing the brush size, zooming in/out, or basically anything that requires precise input is really annoying - you can only use the hotkeys, which obviously only allows incremental inputs.
>>
>>3035556
I bought the 24HD the same month the HD touch came out - decided touch wasnt worth the extra $900 or whatever it was. I think it's 3 years now? I work professionally as a designer and illustrator, but I have the Cintiq at home - I've been freelancing as an illustrator and designer for a long time. My freelance work has kept me up to date with technology and traditional art supplies nicely.
I would say get one as soon as you can afford one, if you're committed to going professional. The 24HD was expensive, I won't lie, I paid $2500 for it - I probably would have gone with a less expensive one, had they been available at the time - no regrets, though, the 24" screen is worth it.
>>
>>3036071
Are you using Photoshop? Because there are keyboard commands for that, all you need is the Control + Alt keys (control + option on Mac).
If you press both keys with the brush tool selected, you get a HUD over the cursor - move the mouse/pen left-right, the size of the brush changes, up down with the mouse-cursor changes the hardness of the brush. If you want to control opacity, you change that in Preferences - Tools - “Vary Round Brush Hardness based on HUD vertical movement” - now up down will vary opacity. It would be nice to have all three, without having to choose 2 out of 3, I've sent that in to Adobe several times as a request.

For zooming, set an express key to the zoom tool, and have "scrubby zoom" selected - pressing down on the pen and moving it left and right will zoom in and out.

It's all about the keyboard commands. There's several ways to do everything.
>>
>>3035272
Wacom is pretty good but for non display tablets, I'd argue to go for the huion 1060 plus. Right now my third ever tablet ( cintiq pro 13) had a green pixel defect and is under a RMA but going back to my huion the drawing experience is pretty good, it's really all about comfort and drivers seemed fine for all of the tablets I've used.
>>
i tried to cheap out and use a chinese art pen 22 cinti[ knock off tablet for ages but eventually the driver issues drove me bananas to the point where I bought a Cintiq 16HD. Runs way better then the Art Pen and I really like how with the cintiq i can just lightly graze my pen across the screen and still get a decent line out of it where as on the art pen i had to push down crazy hard. Way worth the investment even though it's got some annoyances too.
>>
>>3036065
Oh man thanks for the input. It's kinda reassuring to know I won't be missing out on much if I got the 13HD over the cintiq pro 13.

>>3036071
That's one of my main reasons for wanting one! Drawing on a screen tablet is a lot more fun to me, and I would definitely draw a lot more if I had one. I hope it's not just wishful thinking on my part, but if anyone out there didn't feel compelled to draw more after getting a screen tablet, I'd honestly be interested to hear about it.

>>3036252
You're right, and I think I've made up my mind to own a cintiq eventually. Guess I'll start budgeting to make that dream a reality.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.