[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not happy with my art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: pak.jpg (757KB, 3000x2514px) Image search: [Google]
pak.jpg
757KB, 3000x2514px
Okay /ic/ it finally came to this. I always avoided this place, since I considered my art to just not be good enough.

I recently started working on my stuff again, trying kinda to do the same thing Geersart from Twitch does, blending stuff in PS with Smudge in greyscale, and then adding colors and doing this stuff all over again.

It's just that for the last 2 years I feel my art is bad all the time and I can never finish anything that I wouldn't hate a day later.

I did this pack of random stuff, and I'm kinda stuck as to where should I go now - should I try doing what Geers does and just punch myself long enough until I start doing stuff I like or maybe I'm looking at all of this from the wrong way and there's some other way out?
>>
>>3033989
Keep going, you're better than me by 80%.
>>
File: 1445012454547.png (37KB, 218x316px) Image search: [Google]
1445012454547.png
37KB, 218x316px
NO ONE CARES
YOU SHOULD HAVE POSTED IN ANOTHER THREAD LIKE, PERHAPS, THE QUESTION THREAD, MADE FOR QUESTIONS
>>
>>3034013
Sorry anon :C
>>
>>3034010
not me
>>
>>3034013
I want to fuck that frog
>>
>>3034093
not me
>>
>>3034100
Not me
>>
>>3034104
Not me
>>
>>3034107
Not me
>>
>>3034125
NoseBro
>>
File: Coloring_Tutorial_by_ionen.jpg (2MB, 6739x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Coloring_Tutorial_by_ionen.jpg
2MB, 6739x1042px
>>3033989
You should post in the draw thread but nevermind.
It's natural to hate your work, especially when you are doing the same stuff over and over again. You should push yourself out of your comfort zone and do something you normally would do, I was putting off digital painting for years and only really started doing it in the last year, I still make work I hate but I can see how much I've improved and that keeps me going.
I think you are great at inking, you're characters have great gesture and expression to them. If you want to start learning colours, read into the theory and do studies, the sticky has a great resource for an introduction into digital colours.
The main thing that jumps out to me from your colour studies there is the lack of contrast and it seems you are working on a linear scale from light to dark rather than including saturated mid tones. The picture is related to what I was talking about and is found in the sticky.
>>
>>3034148
NotBro
>>
>This thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNIvEAti7oU
>>
File: 1423994528412.jpg (47KB, 453x480px) Image search: [Google]
1423994528412.jpg
47KB, 453x480px
>>3034370
>>
>>3033989
Its nasty cause you are fusing 2 opposites on the spectrum. You are going for semi realistic or sorta realisticish type rendering but your figures and style for faces are anything but semi realistic or realistic. I'd say work on your face style and get it to a higher level then it'd match the rest.
>>
>>3034182
Bro me
>>
>>3033989
good place to start would be grey-scale still life's since they're basically the base for all mono color work
>>
You're in the mediocre phase that every single artist has ever gone through. Good artists push through this stage and emerge on the other side with a career.

It's just a matter of reminding yourself what you want most of out of creating artwork.
>>
>>3033989
its just sorta boring what you do
so safe and predictable and traditional
>>
File: repaint.png (933KB, 797x649px) Image search: [Google]
repaint.png
933KB, 797x649px
>>3033989
Personally I think the single most consistent fuck-up I'm seeing in your work is the shape of your character's heads.
>>
>>3037528
You made it more generic.
>>
>>3037545
don't post if you don't know what words mean
>>
>>3037528
they both look like shit anyway :thinky frog:
>>
>>3037528
I think they both look nice 2bh lmoa
>>
>>3037528
Left is better shaped with better mouth placement.
>>
God /ic/ is shit.
>>
File: IMG_2869.jpg (211KB, 354x621px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2869.jpg
211KB, 354x621px
>>3037528
I think the face looks very cute, the real problem is the glaring anatomical errors (very short arms). I just used a photo editing app to show how it can look slightly better with more proportions but keeping the anime feel.
>>
>>3034839
me not
>>
>>3037628
you just NOW realize? lol idiot
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.