[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this artwork?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 10

File: j.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.artstation.com/artist/regificus
>>
File: sergey-kolesov-space-station.jpg (165KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
sergey-kolesov-space-station.jpg
165KB, 1600x900px
>>3033946
Homage to this?
Most of his stuff looks like paintovers/photobashed game screenshots. They might do more interesting stuff in a few years.
>>
File: CL9iM5qVEAAY6R-.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
CL9iM5qVEAAY6R-.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
>>3033946
is he really 16?
>>
File: BLEACHNOW.jpg (108KB, 1000x991px) Image search: [Google]
BLEACHNOW.jpg
108KB, 1000x991px
>>3033946
>16
I FUCKING WASTED MY CHILDHOOD
>>
>>3033946
Looks like someone took a graphic design class for their junior year. Badly filtered/painted over game screenshots. The op pic looks like something you would make with Gary's mod
>>
>>3033946
boring shit
>>
>>3034418
>https://www.artstation.com/artist/regificus
Bro theres less to do outside and better tech nowadays to keeep you inside. If i was a kid at this time period I also could be highly skilled and gifted in whatever I choose. Back when i was young computers and musical instruments were expensive. all of that is relatively cheaper now and of higher quality. Besides no need to get jelly just work on yourself. Good on this guy if he this good and young.
>>
>>3034418
>tfw 25 and just starting
ok i give up
>>
>>3034442
just photobash videogames and your good bruh
>>
File: ethan-tadin-final.jpg (588KB, 1834x1252px) Image search: [Google]
ethan-tadin-final.jpg
588KB, 1834x1252px
anyone have an actual screenshot of this scene? also, wat game?
>>
>>3034686
Guards look like they're from Dishonored 2 or something, and the bg feels more akin to some old AC title.
Does it matter though? Stop being moody and get back to work lol
>>
These scenes are done in 3D and painted over, like John Sweeney's stuff, they're not gaming screencaps Lol. You can find out if someone uses screencaps by putting the image in google images dude. I've been doing 3D since I was 8 years old, I basically just do a John Sweeney process.
>>
>>3034976
I agree
I don't think this kid could actually draw anything good if you just gave him a pencil and a piece of paper
>>
>>3034976
No, he uses Gary's mod and sort of paints it over. You can see clearly in his most recent works he does little to almost no painting over. It's very obvious where there is and isn't brush strokes. Also with the game screenshots you cannot reverse image search that stuff, you can edit an image enough to make it non reversible in search engines, and what he's doing is enough. Just look at his halo art , he paints over the helmet, uses a different background, and then he puts ugly filters over it. The only work that has the most effort put in is this one, and even then it's complete ugly photobashed, filtered garbage. If you want to make artwork like this, it's fine. However you are doing far more work than this guy, and honestly both this kid and your art is very ugly.
>>
>>3034995
Forgot to insert image, this is what I'm talking about. It just screams last minute weaboo art project .
>>
>>3034995
Whatever helps you sleep at night, mate.
>>
File: ethan_tadin.jpg (649KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ethan_tadin.jpg
649KB, 1920x1080px
motivational wallpaper if anyone's interested
>>
>>3034427

This, it even looks like taken straight from computer game environment in the thumbnail.

People here are too easily impressed or never really tried tinkering with photobashing and /gd/. Which nomen omen they should if they want to go to concept art, but what do I know, I aim at fine art.
>>
File: Thumbnail comp_2.jpg (1MB, 2442x2748px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbnail comp_2.jpg
1MB, 2442x2748px
What is up my dude?
http://imgur.com/a/YlRTv
Btw the Kit Fisto thing is 3D and the sand has some photo elements in it.
>>
>>3034091
>>3034418
quit spending so much time getting discouraged and get working dude,
>>
File: really.jpg (1MB, 2000x2122px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
1MB, 2000x2122px
Literally screenshots from Halo, different photo stuck in the background and messed with, and then drag the smudge and brush tool around randomly on chief.
If a 16 year old doing this discourages you you're an idiot, a 10 year old could do this.
>>
File: Espen.jpg (5KB, 308x164px) Image search: [Google]
Espen.jpg
5KB, 308x164px
Or maybe he just did it in 3D. His work reminds me allot of Espen Olsen. Lol idk if Halo has any lighting like this. The engine can't take it. The background looks like a tech kitbash. The halo stuff is okay, but some of his other things are actually really impressive.
>>
>>3034991
>I agree
>I don't think this kid could actually draw anything good if you just gave him a pencil and a piece of paper
Lol dude did u see this? http://imgur.com/a/YlRTv
>>
>>3035472
I agree looks allot like Espen.
>>
>>3035916 looks like garbage and some of it is traced since it looks like chicken scratch shit
>>
>>3037572
>>>3035916 looks like garbage and some of it is traced since it looks like chicken scratch shit
Lol sure anon. You're just saying that cause you probably can't even draw a stick figure.
>>
>>3034995
One day you guys will try 3ds max and you will learn it is actually really easy to make a basic 3D scene light it and then paintover it. I wouldn't be suprised if a 16 year old could do this. Besides you guys haven't even found a source for any of your claims your saying he traced/took photos of games but not one of you have found an actual reference. Give this kid a break.
>>
>>3033946
>nb4 (not you)
As if you weren't aware someone would accuse you beforehand. Can self posts be banned? Stop defending/praising yourself. Your art is ugly go back to studying.
>>
>>3037579
That doesn't take away the validity that his art sucks. How does one paint over something and it still looks awful?
>>
besides, why does he feels the need to show his age there?, "Professional Headline: 16 year old Artist" that sounds nothing professional and looks like something that some attention-hungry kid would do just to feel special
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.