[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Supposing "Anything an artist makes is Art"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

I)Physiologic needs =
an artwork needs to exist in the physical dimension. even if " I am art" I still must physically exist.
So a good artwork must exist.

II)Safety and security needs =
an artwork cannot be created while your house is burning down or you are being murdered. (even if you did it probably wouldn't be very good) Historically, great works are made in times of peace.
Also an artwork that is (entirely) destroyed, is no longer an artwork as it no longer exists.
So a good artwork must be housed somewhere safe where it will not be destroyed.

III)Love and belonging needs
An artwork does not to be loved to be artwork, but generally good artworks are loved (adored, I cannot stress this enough) found downright sacred and beautiful even if it is a toilet.
Artworks that elicit a meh or "i like it" generally fall in the realm of tepid kitsch. Nobody hates a landscape, but saying that a landscape is the best thing ever? (high art vs low art which I'll get into later)

IV) Emotional needs
a good artwork needs to be hated by some, loved by others, found disgusting, found beautiful etc
"an artwork that elicits different opinions from various groups of people shows that artwork to be new and interesting"

>(cont.)
>>
>>3031947
V)Self-actualization needs
Now this is the step that separates good art from great art.
If I look at your art, and ten of my colleagues agree, "Yes, that is art." Great!
but what if nobody ever says anything about your artwork besides "Yes, that is art."
How does that make you feel? Do you feel motivated to do more as an artist? Not really.
You could be the "mechanic that makes art on the side", but generally the great artists stick to one schtick and say all that they create is art. A hobbyist by definition does not make a great artist because generally the great artist puts those extra hours in which we can equate with an increase of quality.

Great artists (are nothing but Great artists) and must make great artworks (and nothing else)
Great art has a little extra something to it, and that comes in form of someone else recognizing your art as something besides "an artwork".
"that is my grandmother" 'this is the most amazing thing I've ever seen"
Great artworks suspend human reasoning, can make you believe something is real etc

You cannot say your own artwork is amazing because you can't suspend your own reasoning because you fucking made it (honestly the mental gymnastics i go through to cover all stupid possible questions)
If you painted a painting, and I hit you on the head and made you forget you painted it,
you still probably wouldn't be amazed by your own artwork unless your own personal taste and personal art output are the same in which case fuck yourself
>>
>>3031947
>Supposing "Anything an artist makes is Art"
stopped reading there
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.