[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I try to study or analyze the artists I look up to,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 151.jpg (1MB, 2117x1614px) Image search: [Google]
151.jpg
1MB, 2117x1614px
Whenever I try to study or analyze the artists I look up to, it seems like I compare what i drew to theirs and can;t help but think they;ve been doing this for decades and I've barely scratched the surface so I can't help but see the differences in skill. At the same time it seems like an excuse and I can't help but get frustrated as to why my drawings don't look like theirs.
>>
ok cool thanks for sharing
>>
>>3031612
you do not have their experience so don't beat yourself over the fact you can't draw from imagination like they do, but if you need a short term goal in your path to mastery you could first focus on being able to copy the shapes they drew

after you can copy any kind of shape you want, you then can start focusing on choosing what shapes to remember and what not, which will be your new short term goal after achieving the first one

and after you can draw the shapes you chosed, but from memory this time, you can draw from imagination like your favorite artist thought your own filter (what shapes you picked and what not). From here on you can focus on coming up with your own shapes which you see around you or choose a second artist to do the same. And so on and so on until you die.
>>
>>3031612
So? Obviously you need to study your fundamentals more. If you can survive mastering that you can handle real art and get real gains.
>>
>>3031630
basically the answer I was looking for, thanks so much
>>3031631
that too, it feels like I will never stop drawing and learning the fundies in some shape or way
>>
File: the path to mastery..png (16KB, 921x217px) Image search: [Google]
the path to mastery..png
16KB, 921x217px
>>3031642
>basically the answer I was looking for, thanks so much
np, sometimes I too have the same doubts, and one of the best way of dealing with them is helping others which do the same

after I tell them what to do I realize I am projecting and that I should do what I tell too

later on when I don't know what to draw, I look over my own words
>>
File: ira-glass-quote.jpg (154KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
ira-glass-quote.jpg
154KB, 675x900px
>>3031612
>>
>>3031642
That's not an answer you should have been looking for. I'm an experienced artist and that's the most typical shallow answer you ever find here on /ic/

'Learn your fundies'.

If that reference sheet is your own drawings, whether copies of someone you like or your own work, it shows you are decent enough that this kind of critique is NOT helpful. Instead post your work, then post the artists work you want to be as good as, and pray someone who is experienced comes along and tells you SPECIFICALLY what you're missing and how to fix it, and how to make your drawing reach the level of the professional example.

Specific, real critique and advice is worth more than 1, 000, 000 people telling you 'go learn loomis, fundies, become better, study how to draw' as if you didn't already know that.

Having a real, experienced artist SHOW you how to take your drawings to the next level, by being specific, that will actually help you get there.

This is my opinion.
>>
>>3031642
I apologize >>3031916 is referring more to answers like this: >>3031631 than this: >>3031630 I got your replies mixed up while reading >>3031642 and replying to it with >>3031916.
>>
>>3031612
yoh went to this school

http://www.adachi-gakuen.jp/en/tdg

On top of fundies they teach you literal anime stylization. On top of him working his ass off there is a big difference.
>>
File: 1493844727844.png (137KB, 404x304px) Image search: [Google]
1493844727844.png
137KB, 404x304px
>>3031924
>http://www.adachi-gakuen.jp/en/tdg
Time to pull an Akko and follow IRL Chariot
>>
>>3031630
This is a good post.
>>
>>3031930
>>3031924

>$20,000 for a 2 year course
I can afford this
>>
>>3032284
+ living in japan and being surrounded by one of THE hardest languages for an english person to learn. (It also works in reverse)
>>
>>3032290

>find a penpal who will let you live with them in exchange for English lessons while on student visa

also nip isn't that hard
>>
>>3032296
i knew someone would say it wasn't hard, but for those of you actually interested in learning it - you're better off knowing that it's hard. like, officially one of the hardest languages you can learn if you are natively english

the big hurdle is the grammar

chinese has almost the same grammar as english but the pronunciation is wicked hard for us

japanese is the other way around, pretty easy pronunciation, viciously hard grammar

its just as hard for them to learn english as it is for us to learn japanese
>>
>>3031612
If what you posed is your work don't fucking worry about it you are great just keep going, don't stop.
>>
>>3031612
If what you posted is your personal art you are a good artist, don't stop. Keep going. Great job. I mean it.
>>
>>3032352
>>3032353
>yoshinari having any kind of dumb in his work
kek
>>
>>3032357
*doubt
>>
>>3032353
seconded
>>
>>3031924
>>3031930
>>3032284
>Oguro: Have you both attended professional school?

>Yoshinari: Yes. But we were mostly going there to play around. They don’t teach so important things at school to begin with, you know.

>Oguro: You mean it’s not practical?

>Yoshinari: They taught us how to draw douga, so it was practical so to speak, but it’s a place where they only trained key animators and in-betweeners to fill up vacancies, not a place where they taught us how to draw. With all respect, even lecturers weren’t good animators, so in the end we had to learn by ourselves.

Yoshinari was already doing professional work when he was in high school, he didn't learn to draw there (not that the place linked is necessarily bad)
>>
>>3032566
How the fuck did yoshinari get so good?
>>
>>3032579
Every person who draw since childhood is good. They have passion. This is what you call "talent". And it's Japan of course. He was born surrounded by manga and anime
>>
>>3032600
There are a million people who have been drawing since childhood and suck, what are you on about
>>
>>3033181
I think he means that if your skills weren't professional level at 15 you will never achieve anything.
>>
>>3032579
He's been in the industry for over 20 years? that's not to say he wasn't good when he was younger but still
>>
>>3033181
>There are a million people who have been drawing since childhood and suck
I don't talk about half assed scribbles in notebooks. When I was 11 years old we had art club in school. Kids were learning how to draw fundamentals. Those kids were interested in drawing
>>
>>3032579
He helped out his artist brother at a young age. Fun fact: He didn't enjoy art until recently.
>>
>>3032600
>>3032579

>They have passion
Yoshinari explicitly did not have passion until after he started working professionally.

That said, Yoshinari Yoh had the blessing of being a younger brother to a hard working passionate animator/illustrator/designer who dragged him around as his assistant.
>>
>>3033413
"recently" is overstating it. He says in the interview that he started enjoying it after going pro, which can easily be 20 year ago.
>>
>>3032284
>I can afford this

Can you? Worse case, you can spend half the amount for one year!
http://www.donbluthuniversity.com/
>>
>>3032343
Anon, calm down. Japanese isn't even that fuckin' hard.
Source: I'm an english guy who learned Japanese in less than a year. Shit is easy. Literally, all I did was read Genki 1 and 2, had conversations with japanese buddies from time to time, went to japan for about 6 months, done. Never had trouble, no one called me a baka gaijin.

Sorry you fall under the category know as AMERICANS WHO CAN'T LEARN SHIT CAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE RETARDED!!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.