[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over your cringe worthy art and start your comic?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 56156310_p3_master1200.jpg (200KB, 650x659px) Image search: [Google]
56156310_p3_master1200.jpg
200KB, 650x659px
Every time I start a comic, I end up deleting it after drawing the first page. The most I've done was a 6 page comic before deleting everything because of how bad I felt the art was. I dunno, I can't bring myself to enjoy comics like other creators on tapastic or linewebtoons. How do I overcome this? I also do tons of studies on the site, I guess my eye level is just way harder than my skill level
>>
>>3030585
post your art
>>
>>3030589
What's the point of posting my art? How does that help?
>>
>>3030585

Don't worry about your first page. If it's bad, then you'll inspire others to get better when you're drawing the next one. You'll improve faster when you do projects because your studies are more focused.
>>
>>3030585
You're always going to hate your first comic regardless of how much time you spend on it, so just get it out of the way.
>>
>>3030634
Solid advice
>>
>>3030594
For feedback to remove cringe.
That's literally the only way to remove it.
>>
>>3030688
I already got feedback on it. One problem I've been having recently is that I'm stuck on the character design stage. I've been stuck on it for the past 2 months. Do you guys think I should just start the comic anyway or should I keep refining the design till i'm satisfied with it( which may take forever)
>>
>>3030585
submit your art to people with very low standards, theyll like it no matter what. And whenever you need actual critiques just show it to people willing to do so
>>
>>3030746

Just start with it. You can improve it over time by having a story reason for characters to change their designs.
>>
>>3030746
What are the characters like? What are your current designs for them?
>>
>>3030746
It's hard to give wholesome feedback without knowing what the issue is visually. I don't see the problem in posting it anyway; what do they look like?
>>
>>3030746
A character design is literally just the same drawing of a person done over and over.

>draw a little character dude
>then try to draw the same character accurately in different poses etc.

The hardest part of a character design is just not straying from it. making it better over time but keeping all the core elements intact

By the time you finish one chapter you're gonna be way better than when you started. Wait until the next chapter to show off how much you've improved. don't just suddenly get better after each page. it's jarring.
>>
>>3030746
look at this pathetic pussy, another faggot afraid to post work and prefers to discuss ambiguous nothings. kill yourself and your shit thread, sage and hidden
>>
>>3031098
umadbro

lololo
>>
There's more to a good comic than top-tier art.
>>
>>3030746
Fuck off
>>
>>3030585
keep your character designs very simple (I'm assuming things since you haven't posted an example). They still have to be distinct from one character to another tho, ie don't just put everyone on a t-shirt and jeans unless that says something about a character (normal casual dude) . Read up on story telling, learn to make appealing and expressive faces, make thumbnails of each panel.

And ffs never delete things you do, as you progress you will need to compare to your cringy past work.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.