[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DRAW THREAD

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 84

File: drawthread2017.jpg (18KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
drawthread2017.jpg
18KB, 462x700px
Old thread: >>3021951

Post your current drawing here and provide helpful criticism and advice to others!

Please make sure your posted image is clear, DOWNSIZED TO AROUND 1000 PIXELS WIDE, ROTATED TO THE CORRECT ORIENTATION, and that any unused space is cropped.

If you want critique on a drawing from the previous thread, you can delete it there and repost it.

>dA /ic/ group :
http://4chan-ic.deviantart.com

>/ic/ Resources/Reference/Downloads/Links:

>General resources :
http://sites.google.com/site/4chanic/ http://sites.google.com/site/artandwhatnot/
http://characterdesigns.com/
http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-3.html
http://finaltrinity.tumblr.com/post/13163064364/art-references-tumblr-accounts

>fellowBro's books :
http://mediafire.com/?i44dwzkf9j9n8

>Figure Drawing Tool:
http://pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php
http://posemaniacs.com/

>Photoshop Brushes
http://cgsociety.org/index.php/CGSFeatures/CGSFeatureSpecial/tower_of_evilzz
>>
File: june-21-2017-1.jpg (76KB, 770x1000px) Image search: [Google]
june-21-2017-1.jpg
76KB, 770x1000px
did this figure painting last night
>>
File: gradientmaps.jpg (319KB, 1250x625px) Image search: [Google]
gradientmaps.jpg
319KB, 1250x625px
comfort zone
>>
>>3030409
thats super awesome. its gonna sell for millions someday
>>
>>3030468
Not gonna lie, but id love to have this on my wall.
>>
>>3030448
Most of it looks great, but what's going on with her hand?
>>
File: gradientmaps2.jpg (332KB, 1250x625px) Image search: [Google]
gradientmaps2.jpg
332KB, 1250x625px
>>3030492
posted wrong one whoops. this one should be better
>>
File: Devin 02 - medium.jpg (956KB, 1801x2402px) Image search: [Google]
Devin 02 - medium.jpg
956KB, 1801x2402px
Devin revised
>>
>>3030468
>>3030409

That feel when both Brian and Chunbum are getting better and are actually having nice pieces.
>>
>>3030468
>its gonna sell for millions someday
thank you, but you've gotta stop thinking in terms like that. you should be aiming to sell things for what they're worth today, and not have a pretense that you are giving things away for 100x less than they will be worth in the future. If you keep treating every painting like it's going to make you rich you will lose sight of just making good paintings. Just work and enjoy painting, and hope they sell. Don't get caught up in victimizing yourself as a "starving genius artist"
>>
>>3030582
I agree with that. Many of my friends have such attitudes. I used to have such attitude as well.I sell my art for $100~ 1000. The most I've sold for is $1000.
>>
>>3030608
How long have you been doing art Chunbum?
>>
File: IMG_1622.jpg (729KB, 1238x1651px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1622.jpg
729KB, 1238x1651px
just doodling
>>
File: The Restaurant (Re III) - medium.jpg (873KB, 1846x1874px) Image search: [Google]
The Restaurant (Re III) - medium.jpg
873KB, 1846x1874px
>>3030616
I've been drawing since as I was a kid. I would draw navy ships, game characters, mom, dad, me, etc. with crayon in kindergarten and elementary school.

I took art classes in middle school and studio art classes in high school. I was particularly good with pencil and drawing fine details.

In high school I got the National Scholastic Gold award in drawing. And I also received the school purchase award, in which the school bought my ink drawing for $300.

In college, the art program was very small and secretive. It was particularly difficult for people to join the program.

But I told them I won the scholastic gold award, and that got me into Painting and Advanced Painting classes in college.

I painted some of my best paintings in my life in Advanced Painting class in 2010.

Then I transferred to RISD in 2011 where I completed the summer foundation program and stayed for one semester in the fall. Some of my best works also came out of that period.

Then I left RISD for a while then never returned. I underwent a process to get exempt from mandatory military service in South Korea for disc in my neck. That took several years. During that time my art went completely downhill. I don't want to show even a single piece from 2012 because they were so bad. I returned to the States in 2013, then went back to S. Korea in 2014. Light of Truth and Rimma Simonova were painted in 2014. Before returning to the States in 2015, I painted Her Garden. These 3 are some of my best works with acrylic impasto technique.

After getting exempt, I returned to the States in 2015 and painted on my own since that time. 2015 was mediocre but 2016 was much better, and it seems that 2017 is my best year yet (if you discount the 2~3 paintings I did in 2010).

I will be attending SVA in the fall to complete my BFA.
>>
File: Can I get some requests now.png (178KB, 855x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Can I get some requests now.png
178KB, 855x1200px
>>3030407
Do you love me now?
>>
>>3030656
try listening to Creep by Radiohead.
>>
File: IMG_1629.jpg (209KB, 674x1145px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1629.jpg
209KB, 674x1145px
I like those little statuette things
>>
File: Merc WIP 2 lores.jpg (469KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
Merc WIP 2 lores.jpg
469KB, 675x900px
>2017
>abundance of /ic/ memes
>still no /ic/ mascot drawing

Why do I have to do everything myself, you lazy fucks?
>>
>>3030676
How long have you been here BeltGuy? I think I hardly see you post your work, but I've seen you here for six months at the least.
>>
>>3030676
I love the abortion, true homage to mercwip
>>
>>3030676
This is grotesque, ugly, degenerate and devoid of meaning. It's an awful piece and depiction of senseless violence.
>>
File: Belt guy.jpg (2MB, 1772x5373px) Image search: [Google]
Belt guy.jpg
2MB, 1772x5373px
>>3030677
I took the name in march, when pic related happened. I don't really post my work per se, just overpaints to illustrate a critique/advice and shitposts like this MercWIP2 above. I've been here on /ic/ since last November or around that time, stumbled in here from /fit/.
>>
>>3030681
I agree with the first three, but devoid of meaning? Really? It's an allegory of the phrase "kill your darlings", widely used in our circles. The violence, therefore, is far from senseless, it's a necessary sacrifice.
>>
>>3030676
this is the best thing ive seen in weeks. thank you
>>
>>3030681
You do under stand they're both memes, right?
You understand the significance of mercwip and the Proko catgaroo thing?
You understand the symbolism here?
The fact that you think it's devoid of meaning is an interesting observation, considering the fact that your critics on this board argue your work lacks meaning for the same reasons.
You argue with their claims on the same grounds I'm arguing with yours. You were either too lazy to search for the meaning in the piece, which makes you a hypocrite...
OR it didn't occur to you that it was possible that there was deeper meaning, which makes you a philistine and doubly a hypocrite.
Fuck you, Chunbum
>>
>>3030696
It doesn't matter if the author assigns a meaning to the work or not.

It's just an awful piece of art, and the meaning is not very meaningful.
>>
>>3030700
Retard
>>
>>3030700
>author assigns a meaning
No, the audience interprets a meaning. If it's the same meaning that the author intended, bonus points. You sure you're ready for a BFA?
Let me rephrase the question in a better way. What specific aspects about this piece make it awful? Then, how do those criticisms not also apply to your own art?
Points for objectivity. No points for subjectivity unless very well defended.
>>
>>3030708
The depiction of killing a baby itself is an awful imagery. It's devoid of meaning.

I don't paint grotesque and senseless violence in my art.
>>
>>3030715
Dude, are you for real? You think that's a baby? I think you're confused about what is depicted, even thought an anon already spelled it out for you above.
>>
>>3030715
Awful does not equal devoid of meaning.
Do you know what the orange thing on the floor is? Where it comes from? Why it is ambiguously a baby and also something else?
>I don't paint grotesque and senseless violence in my art.
Let me rephrase that for you
>I don't paint violence in my art
Grotesqueness and senselessness are subjective.
As of now, both of my assertions in >>3030696 about you are still valid.
You answered neither of the questions in >>3030715

Compose a proper argument, Chunbum
>>
>>3030718
whether it's an aborted fetus or a baby it's ugly and stupid
>>
>>3030722
It is neither. You are not familiar with this image and its significance.
>>
>>3030719
Assigning meaning to the work does not mean it's meaningful.

>>3030723
Why should I? I think pepes are stupid as well. No wonder Apple stores banned them.

It looks stupid and not very meaningful to me.
>>
>>3030708
Answer the question, Chunbum.
>>
>>3030729
It's not a fucking pepe.
I can't fucking believe I'm explaining this to you, but it was the product of part of a live streamed attempt by an otherwise very competent, skilled artist to draw something from only his imagination. Google Proko.
You keep proving everything we think about you correct. Your approach to analyzing somebody else's artwork was lazy and unimaginative.
>>
File: 1495074978614s.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495074978614s.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>3030729
It's devoid of meaning only as your ignorant ass is concerned. It's an inside joke and you're out of the loop. If you are not familiar with anything the image is a reference to, how do you expect to find any meaning in it? You sound like someone who goes abroad and loudly proclaims that everyone around him produces meaningless babble instead of speaking.
>>
>>3030730
You are assuming that my art and this merc crap are the same. They are not.

As artist I get to assign the meaning to the art, and the audience may also interpret it. From perspective of truth, both have valid rights to interpret and assign meaning, but only one person could be right.

In other words, truth stands on its own entirely as an idea. It exists as reality before you even formulate an opinion in your brain. It doesn't matter if you disagree with it or not. Truth is truth. If you disagree with it, you are wrong.

Now, some people have greater affinity for truth than others. It could be you or me. No one knows except the self and God.
>>
>>3030729
>>3030735
...And filled with incorrect assumptions and unjustified preconceived notions, which you refused to adjust when it was suggested you could be incorrect. You were closed-minded, presumptive, and unjustifiably judgmental.

You are everything you accuse us of being, for all the same reasons, you worthless hack.
>>
>>3030735
>>3030741

and why is that thing that Proko drew so important?

I knew it was not a pepe. Notice I wrote "as well" ?

You don't seem to read my responses properly.

The inside joke is not very meaningful. Sure you assigned meanings to it but it's still not very meaningful. Meaning and meaningful are different words.
>>
>>3030749
Dude does it even matter? Its just a joke chill
>>
File: Demencia carl.png (164KB, 519x819px) Image search: [Google]
Demencia carl.png
164KB, 519x819px
Art request I did for an anon on /co/. I think it's pretty good but I leave that up to /ic/.
>>
File: IMG_1634.jpg (379KB, 1350x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1634.jpg
379KB, 1350x1000px
SHUT THE FUCK UP AND POST MORE ART
>>
>>3030757
Good color choice but the perspective on the right building is fucked.
>>
File: IMG_0478.jpg (511KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0478.jpg
511KB, 2048x2048px
1/2
>>
File: IMG_0475.jpg (589KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0475.jpg
589KB, 2048x2048px
2/2
>>
>>3030561
still the same fucked up hand
>>
>>3030749
>>3030749
I'm finished derailing the thread, but your responses prove to all of us that you are a contemporary hack who imitates an impressionist because you profoundly lack both skill and understanding. You produce and shill dry, meaningless, unoriginal work.
I've produced better and more appealing "art" by smearing condiments on a plate.
>>
>>3030783
>>3030786
size your pics down. First one looks a lot better. i really like the hair
>>
>>3030799
It doesn't prove anything except for you the accusations that exist ONLY in your own head.

You obviously do not understand my art's merits in terms of visual style and application of colors, as well as the statement it makes regarding beauty.

It relates to what I wrote earlier about how you have right to formulate your own opinions, and I can form my own, but when in disagreement, one side is more true than the other because truth exists as an idea and a reality, and there are closer opinions to the truth than others.

You might want to post your work to teach me exactly what kind of "smears" you can make with condiments on a plate. Too bad they are not permanent works of art. They would be displayed on MoMA by now.

Other than that I agree that we should stop derailing this thread and stop writing a PhD thesis about all the false things you hope to prove about me.
>>
>>3030818
Completely forgot scale them down.. thanks! Do you think anything could be improved in the second pic?
>>
>>3030820
but it is accurate that you lack technical skill.
>>
File: goodevening sire.jpg (570KB, 1500x558px) Image search: [Google]
goodevening sire.jpg
570KB, 1500x558px
>>3030757
might be a good idea to seperate the planes more by using the darkest darks closer to the viewer and not using them in the background.
>>
>>3030898
I dont ever want to draw or paint anything that shows off technical skill because it kills creative and experimental aspect of art relating to abstract colors and form.

I dont have any interest in drawing or painting like a photograph
>>
>>3030905
but is it accurate that you lack technical skill?
>>
>>3030905
Did you always know that, or did you first try, failed and gave up? Just curious.
>>
>>3030908
I dont have the best technical skills but I have other good qualities as artist such as artistic vision, instinct with colors and form, and ability to grasp the essence of the subject and capture its likeness under any style. technical skill is not everything

i have enough technical skill to create the style of art that i want to create.
>>
File: barbarian 061 - small.png (4MB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian 061 - small.png
4MB, 1200x1600px
>>3030914
i can do it if i want. i dont recognize any value in technically skilled art form.
>>
>>3030905
>>3030908
>>3030914
Fucking tripfags and attention whores
>>
>>3030928
This is only the beginning of the culture shift.
>>
>>3030900

Hey thanks, that's pretty cool. I was just about to give up on that one but now I want to go back to the lab.
>>
File: 1495570117277.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495570117277.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>3030932
I'm with.
>>
>>3030923
>>3030923
the dunning kruger is strong
you can't do it if you want to, as that picture shows. you're hiding your incompetence in a desperate attempt to preserve your ego.

If art simply brings you enjoyment then more power too you. If you want to make a career out of it the only thing you can do is improve your craft or buy lottery tickets instead of paint
>>
>>3030953
hiding my what? tell me whats wrong with the picture. i am very satisfied with it
>>
>>3030923
>i can do it if i want.
You can't, though. I've been through all your published art, and in the realm of technical accuracy, you're a complete beginner, making complete beginner mistakes.
You struggle with symbol drawing, and your grasp of perspective is tentative at best. Your control of color and value is rudimentary and crude.
You lack the technical skill you claim to possess. Lacking it doesn't automatically make you a hack or a bad artist, claiming that you do does.
Ordinarily I wouldn't knock an artist for the way he chooses to express his art, but your arrogant ass I'll make an exception for, because you don't practice what you preach. You're all talk and bluster. If you just acknowledged your limitations and owned your chosen methods you would command a great deal more respect.
>>3030985
>hiding my what?
I guess you didn't understand what that guy wrote...
Your incompetence. Your lack of technical skill. Your dearth of knowledge and ability relating to your application and medium. Your missing abilities which you profess to have.
Again, lacking a high degree of technical skill doesn't automatically make you incompetent. Claiming you have it, when you lack it, makes you incompetent.
>>
>>3030985
Holy shit, you are delusional and insane! To think people like you are offering their opinions and beginners take them seriously is very disturbing.
>>
File: hi.png (333KB, 608x790px) Image search: [Google]
hi.png
333KB, 608x790px
every time i sit down and color something it sucks all the motivation out of me, its such a boring and slow process i always end up wanting to fall asleep.

anyone know any fast ways to color something? or at least fun ones?
>>
>>3031009
>>3031009
Don't know of anything fast. It's a time consuming pain in the ass for everyone I know of, at least.
Start on paper if you are frustrated and bored with digital. Print and color. To me, There's something about the tactile nature of working on paper that helps me set a pace and a workflow. Digital suddenly gets easier. PS brush selection, editing, and refinement start to make more sense. Not sure why, or if it will work for you. Just thoughts.
>>
File: e5ed99c89e.jpg (181KB, 1160x675px) Image search: [Google]
e5ed99c89e.jpg
181KB, 1160x675px
Hi there! I'm with this.
I usually don't draw dragons, so, I barely have experience drawing these creatures. If someone know how to draw dragons, I would like some critique or advice and make sure everything is right
>>
>>3031039
Is this yours? Can you teach me how to draw dragons?
>>
>>3030985
right now you're the artistic equivalent of a musician who does not understand anything about the formal teachings of his instrument.

When a master of an instrument decides to forgo traditional structure, creating notes that the viewer may perceive as wrong or akin to a child, there becomes interest. Why would someone with such a strong formal background chose to deconstruct into "crude" and peculiar noises? Because the master has proved his worth through his craft the deconstruction has added weight and intentionality to it. It becomes "what feels was he trying to evoke by playing so crudely?" instead of "this person must not know what they are doing".

When a person lacking the formal knowledge attempts to create music, they can only create the crude, the peculiar, the amateur, the childlike noises. They lack mastery of the instrument for it to play whichever sound they desire and thus become restricted to this initial state.

You are free to be controlled by your medium, but you should think the pursuit of knowledge to be admirable, if not for the end result of deconstruction.
>>
>>3031039
Seems fine to me. Generally speaking if it looks cool and is somewhat believable then that's usually good enough.

There are tons of different approaches to drawing dragons: one end of a spectrum are creatures that look like they actually exist in this world, but those tend to look more like lizards with wings. On the other end of the spectrum are ones that are more abstract, alien, or barely recognizable as living let alone a "dragon". Video games and anime usually will have something in between those.

You can pick and choose what elements you want to feel more 'real' and which are more 'abstract/alien/magical', but it's usually the world that the dragon inhabits and the medium its portrayed in that sets a lot of that in stone for you. A classical European dragon is different from a classical Chinese dragon, which is different from a Skyrim dragon, an MtG dragon, a Dark Souls Gaping Dragon, etc. You decide what parts should be more real than others, and find real world analogues to study that fit your needs - whether it's alligators and snakes, or insects and mammals, or fungi and microscopic organisms.

I personally like the wings and their webbing to match closely to a bat or a pterosaur. That usually entails long arm bones, small wrist bones, and elongated fingers. Donato Giancola does a good job at that in pic related. I can't tell if your wings are meant to be flaming or magical, but if they're not you might want to have the webbing run along the torso for a bit to make flight seem a bit more believable.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (2MB, 3042x4563px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
2MB, 3042x4563px
Sometimes I feel I'm on the right track, and then other times... I just don't know, man.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (246KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
246KB, 1600x900px
started as a warmup but might keep going on it, thoughts so far? I'm thinking I might have to shrink the large building on the left because the scale is wonky.
>>
File: samyoun study 1xx.jpg (270KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
samyoun study 1xx.jpg
270KB, 1000x707px
>>3031083
>iktf

Some studies - mainly to get some rendering mileage. Finding I get lost in rendering, end up losing the early abstraction. How do you guys know when to stop?
>>
>>3031091
Make everything the same level of rendering, decide to continue or not.
>>
>>3031043
I'm sorry but I don't have any technique or base, I cannot teach how to do something I barely draw, I think is understandable.
What I did with this piece for example, I looked for references, I made a base with geometric figures and sticks, and then I began to draw (and then, removing, changing, editing a lot... ). Sorry again If I'm not very helpful, my main are human beings
>>3031072
In fact, this dragon is a Dark Souls dragon, (Darkeater Midir, from DS III), It's good to know that is believable and makes sense, I'll take that advice about the webbing, many thanks for the help!
>>
File: gsh.jpg (53KB, 634x855px) Image search: [Google]
gsh.jpg
53KB, 634x855px
>>
File: Tohru Final Line art.png (4MB, 5346x7429px) Image search: [Google]
Tohru Final Line art.png
4MB, 5346x7429px
hope you like it.
>>
>>3031005
You jusy babble on without pointing out what is lacking in the picture or what is wrong with it.

And dont forget to show your own work displaying technical skill you are so familiar with.

I do have technical skill as seen in my drawing but I dont use it in most of my art.
>>
File: laughout.jpg (51KB, 192x288px) Image search: [Google]
laughout.jpg
51KB, 192x288px
>>3030681
Lol what a pussy.
>>
>>3031067
lol? you dont think i am learning in school?

if giving up the uniqueness and special instinct that i have is what you call learning then forget it. you can do that to yourself if you want. i wont do it
>>
File: g2c.png (79KB, 404x478px) Image search: [Google]
g2c.png
79KB, 404x478px
>>3031009
greyscale to color can be a pretty quick way to color things for fun.

using ctrl+b and ctrl+U in combination with some color modes can do a ton of work in a short time.
>>
File: deconstruction.jpg (860KB, 2530x1956px) Image search: [Google]
deconstruction.jpg
860KB, 2530x1956px
>>3031130
>lol? you dont think i am learning in school?

You aren't learning the craft.

>if giving up the uniqueness and special instinct that i have is what you call learning then forget it. you can do that to yourself if you want. i wont do it

these two are completely unrelated. the pursuit of knowledge does not mean you are going to lose your uniqueness. the appearance of your work will change, that is unavoidable. Simply experiencing life in a non artistic will drastically alter how you think and view your work. There is scientific evidence that even our personalities are fundamentally changing as we age.

Again its useful to understand every aspect of your craft to be able to manipulate and deconstruct things in whichever way you wish. think about language if i decide to dfksjlf ficjsoid sdoifjm sdidhfsdio askkndknlsadkn, then I've very intentional chosen to deconstruct, but I also posses the ability to communicate in a wide variety of ways. Again, this lets me pick and chose how I am doing something instead of being at the mercy of only knowing how to asdkflj ckmeiaof dsjkalfjdkal fasdklfl.
>>
File: 6-21-17.png (579KB, 1043x1599px) Image search: [Google]
6-21-17.png
579KB, 1043x1599px
Warming up and stuff, and trying the magic of gradient maps(+a color layer over everything) for the first time. I hate everything that's under the lower left guy's nose, sideway mouths in general are still surprisingly hard.

Also any cool tips or critique con coloring?
>>
>>3031199
blog
>>
>>3031193
I still don't get why the barbarian.png is lacking in technical skill.

It's good in my opinion.

If not, you better show your own work to back up your own words and speak from your own experience/achievement.
>>
>>3031209
Well, I'm extremely inactive, it's been months if not a full year since my last post on deviantart and I've posted a few things on Twitter, and a grand total of 1 piece on Artstation. Still, if you want to be ready for the day I come back to posting stuff:
https://www.artstation.com/artist/enzofernandez
And @pkblitz on both Twitter and DA. I know I should put things out there more often, sorry fampai.
>>
File: star platinum.png (362KB, 789x418px) Image search: [Google]
star platinum.png
362KB, 789x418px
>>3031199
i like your drawing a lot. thats a good looking start platinum.
like i was saying in this post
>>3031139
you can use ctrl+b and ctrl+u and overlays etc to do some quick work. i tried it here.
>>
>>3031221
I mean it's lacking in every aspect of craft. Ie values, edges, color, anatomy etc. Again not going for realism is fine but don't delude yourself into thinking you currently the technical skill to do realism when you want.

My blog is www.taylorerose.tumblr.com im not good but the info is still relevant
>>
>>3031243
Do you not believe in The Chunbum to do realism?
>>
>>3030676
AWESOMEEEEEEEE
>>
File: june-21-2017-2.jpg (55KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
june-21-2017-2.jpg
55KB, 1000x750px
painted some clouds during the sunset
>>
File: The Lovers.jpg (326KB, 747x1061px) Image search: [Google]
The Lovers.jpg
326KB, 747x1061px
>>3030676
kek
>>3030407
Working on the hair right now, can't seem to nail it down for some reason
>>
File: b7e70322330603.5631085f287fe.jpg (244KB, 600x720px) Image search: [Google]
b7e70322330603.5631085f287fe.jpg
244KB, 600x720px
>>3031243
I don't understand why it's "lacking in every aspect of craft. i.e. values, edges, color, anatomy etc."

It is good in every aspect of realism, in my opinion.

You are a brave man for showing your own art. It's neat. That's all I am going to say.
>>
>>3031225
I like what you did, completely forgot about Ctril+b/u. Will try to play around with them next time, thanks!
>>
>>3031250
If you look closely, those brush strokes say "Chunbum Park" on them.
>>
>>3031270
I am sure these are Brian's
>>
>>3031274
Seconding this^
>>
>>3031266
no problem. i also used overlay/multiply brush mode with an airbrush for some of the orange/blue coloring.
>>
File: ladystydsmall.png (2MB, 1000x1644px) Image search: [Google]
ladystydsmall.png
2MB, 1000x1644px
still cant draw face proportions from imagination properly. looks like an alien. just fuck my shit up senpai.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (208KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
208KB, 707x1000px
Gradient maps
>>
File: C-cMnteWsAER0gU.jpg (47KB, 872x632px) Image search: [Google]
C-cMnteWsAER0gU.jpg
47KB, 872x632px
>>3031301
Nice forehead
>>
File: masters.jpg (788KB, 2934x1725px) Image search: [Google]
masters.jpg
788KB, 2934x1725px
>>3031265
No, these are good in every aspect of realism. These are all showing mastery of their craft.

Again not shooting for realism is perfectly fine and even an admirable goal but you need a reality check if you think this type of work is capable for someone of your level (see attached)
>>
>>3031293
You're not too off, though. Make the chin just a tiny bit smaller/rounder, add some cheek fat on her right cheek and perhaps make the whateverit'scalled deeper, the part between the eyes but under the eyebrows, where the nose bridge starts. I think it looks too flat.
For more general anti-alien advice, just make stuff rounder but also add more angles, and just think of whatever would help her look less like a skinny bitch. Really depends on what you're going for.

Still, there's real people who look more like aliens than your drawing, if this is 100% from imagination it's a really good attempt.
>>
File: gradient map.png (359KB, 1060x750px) Image search: [Google]
gradient map.png
359KB, 1060x750px
>>3031301
with a gradient map. the better your greyscale values are, the better the gradient map will aid you. also your color selection will help the colors look less dull.
>>
>>3031316
Thanks for the advice, i'm going to do a bunch of studies of male and female heads, as well as figures. There are a lot of things I need to learn about the forms of the head. Right now I tend to just draw the features without understanding all the forms, leading to my image seeming flat.
>>
>>3031314
i could do that if i took enough time.
i am still quite happy with my own attempts at realism.

i dont know what you are so unhappy about. your realist works arent better than mine yet you say mine sucks and yours doesnt?

is there something about realism that i am not getting?

it seems to me more and more i talk to you you have either incredibly high standards about other people's work or incredibly high delusions about your own work.
>>
>>3031335
>i could do that if i took enough time.
If you took enough time (years) to develop your craft, maybe.

>i am still quite happy with my own attempts at realism.
That is good, but don't mistake happiness for complacency

>i dont know what you are so unhappy about. your realist works arent better than mine yet you say mine sucks and yours doesnt?

Not once did I say anything about comparing my work to yours. I am not deluding myself into thinking I have mastered anything or find any of my work to be adequate, while you on the other hand seem to think so. The only statement I made about my own work is that it is not good.

>it seems to me more and more i talk to you you have either incredibly high standards about other people's work or incredibly high delusions about your own work.

Painters spend a life time pushing for mastery,
>>
>>3031335
>>3031342
To add- All I suggest is to try pushing for a few pieces purely on an accurate portrayal of life then see yourself humbled by the pursuit
>>
>>3031342
mastery in what and for what purpose?

you do realize colors are average of colors, right?

if you dont like the style of colors and marks on a realistic painting, just zoom out or step back. if it looks off then something needs to be improved but if everything is fine then you have nothing to complain about.

i could literally produce something like what youve shown me in 1-2 months with skills i have now. my skills are not worlds best but they are adequate to do the job.
>>
>>3031350
>you do realize colors are average of colors, right?
what?

>i could literally produce something like what you've shown me in 1-2 months with skills i have now. my skills are not worlds best but they are adequate to do the job.

Oh well those were pieces from some of the best in the world. Also sure! prove it then :)

>mastery in what and for what purpose?
of the craft, for the purpose of growth.

might I ask why you come to the draw threads?
>>
>>3031347
i was humbled by math, physics etc but i never felt humbled in art cuz its my own playground and my own backyard.

why dont you try oil painting instead of going easy with digital art?

its much more difficult and there is no way going back once you get muddy or make halo marks.

ive done it and i can do it again, this time from imagination. i am gonna do it for an assignment at sva. you just watch.

people like you are a problem. you cant celebrate or appreciate anything, especially what comes from the heart or the soul.

art is not a contest of skill. technique is a means to an end, not an end in itself. i sincerely hope you dont become a teacher or instructor in art. you will kill the experimental spirit of those kindling young souls.

if you are, then go do it in places like china korea or japan where no creativty flourishes, and everyone is technically "better" than you in almost every means of comparison
>>
File: MBA Alumni 027 (1).jpg (297KB, 1600x1277px) Image search: [Google]
MBA Alumni 027 (1).jpg
297KB, 1600x1277px
>>3031351
forgot to add pic
>>
>>3031355

>why dont you try oil painting instead of going easy with digital art?
I'm learning watercolors, but nothing is easy!

>ive done it and i can do it again, this time from imagination. i am gonna do it for an assignment at sva. you just watch.
>>3031357
is not doing it though?

>people like you are a problem. you cant celebrate or appreciate anything, especially what comes from the heart or the soul.
I celebrate plenty! I enjoy the act of painting and find learning new things fun. Why are you posting in a critique thread if you are not interested in critique?

>art is not a contest of skill. technique is a means to an end, not an end in itself. i sincerely hope you dont become a teacher or instructor in art. you will kill the experimental spirit of those kindling young souls.

This is tangential to the points I was providing you. my entire point was to push for a greater understanding so you have the arsenal to be creative in whatever way you wish.
>>
also, going to stop shitting up the thread now. apologies!
>>
>>3031265
I feel like her hand is huge,like gorilla sized
>>
File: samy2x copy.png (322KB, 890x1000px) Image search: [Google]
samy2x copy.png
322KB, 890x1000px
>>3031317
Yeah, coming from traditional this method is more like grissaile than multiply layers. Still getting used to digital.

Any tips on having better image quality?
>>
>>3031414
usually work big. then size it down when posting. i draw/paint on 2000x2000.

lasso tool/locking layers can become your best friends when you're painting on less layers. I'd really suggest learning about them.

>>3031225
for this color edit i went greyscale to color. and used ctrl+b and ctrl+u to tweak with the base colors then added more on top with an airbrush set to overlay/multiply.
>>3031317
for yours i turned it to greyscale and used a gradient mask to get the base skintones. then followed up with an airbrush on overlay. and used ctrl u to shift colors on her shirt and eyes.

greyscale to color is what im best at doing. so i apply it to a lot of things lol.
>>
>>3031414
u dont need better image quality, its already more than enough to ur skill level in rendering.
>>
>>3031091
blog?
>>
File: toolfucked.png (393KB, 475x477px) Image search: [Google]
toolfucked.png
393KB, 475x477px
>>3031265
>>3031355
you are the dumbest piece of shit i've ever seen on this board. you constantly think you have skill no matter how many times people tell you otherwise. you are mediocre at best, at very best. you lack all fundamental skills. every face you draw is the same, every thing you do is ego driven shit. youre shit, youre fucking shit. you fucking piece of retarded shit, i fucking hate you and your smug dumbass bullshit attempt at art. please leave.
>>
File: art7.jpg (102KB, 457x813px) Image search: [Google]
art7.jpg
102KB, 457x813px
>>
File: art.jpg (108KB, 665x887px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
108KB, 665x887px
>>3031472
>>
>>3031457
Wow either you are extremely jealous or you are extremely delusional.

Why dont you post your own work? If it is any "better" than mine then I will leave for real.

But if its not, well I feel sorry for your jealous / delusional mentally challenged state.
>>
>>3031457
Why dont you post 5 of your best works? I hope you dont run out of decent pieces. i am being lenient here.
>>
>>3031490
Why do you call people delusional for calling you delusional
>>
>>3031496
cuz only one of us can be right, and i know i am right and you are wrong - aka delusional.
>>
>>3031498
But the majority are saying otherwise?
>>
>>
>>3031509
>>
>>3031511
>>
>>3031503
You are not the majority. You are a minority reactionary force that has come together in a small niche site to express your niche minority opinions.

The majority of the people believe I am a very capable artist and my art has value and meaning. That's the reality.

Stop being delusional.
>>
>>3031503
and there are people on this site who love my art as well. They are not the loudest voice, but they are there, and I can hear them.

That's all the reason why I should stay on this site - for them.
>>
>>3031530
>>3031533
not him but your personality is rotten, isnt it? how do you think that helps your art
>>
File: crapu.png (239KB, 612x748px) Image search: [Google]
crapu.png
239KB, 612x748px
practicing
>>
>>3031534
How is my personality a problem?

I am very friendly and open minded.

But I also know what the truth is. Truth is something that cannot be compromised.

Reality is something that cannot be changed on a whim just because you believe in it.

I listen carefully and assess the situation very carefully. I am a tiger after all.

I have an affinity for truth in midst of chaos. I will never compromise truth and agree with you on all the accusations that you've made about me. That I am lacking in all areas of technical skill, my art has no meaning, I am autistic and I have a rotten personality?

Just listen to yourself. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

My friends would laugh at you guys if you dared show up in front of me in the city with your puny figure that hasn't seen the light of day for months cuz you were stuck in your mom's basement typing away your insults and garbage opinions online at people you dislike for some trivial reasons.

You couldn't possibly say those things to me in person because reality hits you hard. In that instance, the people around me standing in front of you would unanimously agree that you are wrong on all counts, and I am a friend with great personality who makes awesome art.
>>
>>3031534
And also, just because I can argue well with you trolls and cyber bullies doesn't mean my personality is rotten.

It just means that your tactics of insulting, defaming, and stomping down people doesn't work on everyone - especially someone like me.

I will hold my ground and not budge an inch.
>>
>>3031549
i will send you 500$ straight to china if you fucking paint like any of the examples you claimed.
>>
>>3031544
So im new to this conversation but, just seeing your art and your responses, bro you have some severe dunning-kruger issues. Like, to the point where it doesn't matter how many people tell you that you're not technically skilled at art, you won't listen. You will claim that they are all haters and losers.

Even though I know you will completely disregard my opinion, I'll say it anyway. You're not as good as you think you are. Not even close. Not even in the same universe.
>>
>>3031544
I'm tempted to not say anything but focus on the fact that we know how puny and pasty you are, thanks to your photos. So let's not ask for punches you can't handle.

But as for everything else, you just sound like a kid full of hot air. You take yourself too seriously, you're heavy-handed, and you have very little to respect. You're all talk and your work is not good enough to back you, its not like anyones willing to waste their time to listen to you when all you do is preach about how holy and self righteous your search for truth is.

i dont know why koreans like you exist. those that think its normal to shelve the normal life, and along with it everything there is about being a wholesome human being, and throwing everything into a misled goose chase. my grandmother would look at you and know you're lost and compensating for deep pains.
>>
>>3031551
I live in the States. I don't live in China. I am from Korea.

In Korea, we have clear water because the land is mountainous and rocky. In China, the water is muddy and yellow because there is a lot of dirt, so people drank lots of tea.

Also, Koreans use metal chopstick which is much slipperier than Chinese wooden chopstick. That's why Koreans have such good motor controls with fingers and hand, and they are world's best in archery.

That's the difference in terms of geography and people.

What examples are you talking about? They are my own paintings. I don't "claim". I just do.

They are on my blog and my website. They are my works.

And of course, when I get in the mood or when I go to SVA, I will finish an assignment in which I render things super realistically.

So I am already guessing that your $500 will be mine, if you keep your word.
>>
>>3031530
What people are you talking about? Since you are in some modern art school, there are three futures ahead of you. You will either
1. become annointed by the critics as a "real" artist which will give you gallery shows and fat price tags on your pieces
2. Become a professor at an art school and teach what you've been taught
3. Leave the hugbox and step into the real world.With no actual skill to sell, you will be forced to work a low paying job and froth at the mouth at the ignorant masses who don't understand your genius.
To figure out the probablility of each of these possible futures coming true, all you have to do is look at the futures of the alumni your school spits out into the real world every year. How many are supporting themselves through art? Not too many, huh? Of course you think you are special and will find yourself in the minority who do become "real artists". Guess what, every one of them thought that. Your teachers are lying to you, all they want is your money and all they give in exchange is indoctrination and feel-good anaesthetics which will wear off superfast one reality hits. I genuinely feel sorry for you dude.
>>
>>3031557
im also korean and its utterly embarrassing reading that nonsense about motor control.

Occasionally I do meet korean artists like you who make everything about their korean identity, and its so stale. Maybe its to compensate for kpop and kbbq, i dont fucking know. they make all this edgy shit with hanboks and masks and calligraphy, these second gen dullards. Just like you.

Who are you kidding? The caucasian faggots you go to school with? Do they enjoy listening you talk about how much of a 'tiger' you are? Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>3031559
>>3031560
I genuinely think he is autistic. He won't listen to any of us. To him, we are all just haters and trolls and losers. We don't understand his genius. We don't have his supreme taste or skill.
>>
>>3031554
You guys even say Brian sucks. How dare you? Already in that moment you lose all rights to argue or say anything.

I will accept arguments ranging from he's awesome to he's alright. But to say he sucks? And you have nothing better to show of your own works (I demanded you show me 5 examples of your own work that demonstrates the superior ideals of realism and masterful learning you are all talking about. I don't see any of that here.)
>>3031556
I am 6 feet 2. 190 cm. Come on out if you think you are taller than me.

Yes I am righteous for being right and for making a stand against sinister cyber bullies and trolls. Thanks for your compliment.
>>
File: a real tiger.jpg (23KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
a real tiger.jpg
23KB, 398x398px
>>3031563
>>3031560
Look at him. Who couldnt break this fuck?
>>
>>3031563
I don't know who Brian is, I'm new here. I just saw your works, on your own website, and read your comments here. I came to the conclusion that you are absolutely not as skilled as you think you are.

I'm not saying you suck. I think a couple of your pieces are actually kinda interesting. I'm just saying you have quite an issue judging your own level of skill.
>>
>>3031562
its Dobson Syndrome. just remember how ugly he is inside and out and meme him into oblivion.
>>
>>3031560
I dont listen to kpop but I think kpop is alright. i like korean fried chicken.

I dont talk about myself being a tiger to my friends, except to people I am extremely close with. I think tiger is someone who has affinity for truth.
>>
>>3031559
lol i can see why chunbum was able to bait you so hard, you're such a know-it-all, but my friend just because reality can be a bitter pill to swallow doesn't make everything that's bitter a dose of reality.
>>
>>3031571
Sorry but you are a minority opinion. Are you an instructor at a school? Are you a professor? Are you a professional artist?

That my art has merits is backed by all three.

Who are you comparing me to?

And why isn't that guy who insulted me showing me his 5 best pieces?
>>3031564
I may be a nice person but don't take me lightly.
>>
this is a draw thread you morons

here is my drawing
>>
>>3031571
That's how /ic/ has been feeling about this guy for well over a year now. He's unable to handle the terrible blow to his ego he'd get from taking a critique so he just shitposts and white-knights for himself. If you are new, please just ignore him if you see him. If everyone stopped giving him attention he'd probably get bored and go bother someone else for a change.
>>
>>3031576
I did not say that your art has no merits, did I?

What I said is that you aren't as good as you think you are.
>>
>>3031584
How do you know how good I think of myself to be? When did I specify how good I was or compare myself specifically to another artist?

I think probably never.

I said my art has merits. It's not lacking in fundamentals or all aspects of technical skill, as someone here is claiming.

My technical skill may not be the world's best or good as someone who has been practicing a ton but it's sufficient to get the job done.
>>
>>3031583
I just realized he probably is taking out his combative urges here since he can't utter a word of it in real life.

After all, a crucial part of the Korean identity is a deep seated bitterness that can never be cured. aint that right ShunBum?
>>
>>3031594
Just stop accusing me of the stuff I just mentioned above - that my art is mediocre, has no meaning, has no value, lacking in fundamentals, and all areas of technical skills and trying to stomp me down.

If you stop doing that, I won't have any reason to argue with you.

I just like sharing my art and getting constructive critiques. Your insults and accusations do not count as a constructive critique.

No one here has been able to show me art that's so much better and superior and illustrating exactly what's lacking in my art. My point - that my art has merit - still stands.

I am a Korean tiger. Do not insult Koreans or the Korean identity. I am their people.
>>
>>3031600
I, just like you, have my rights to speak my own truths. And that is that koreans are the niggers of east asia.
>>
>>3031606
You are wrong. What kind of truth is that?

Is that some kind of noble truth about human decency? Or objectively verifiable truth that you can prove?

What kind of truth is that to denigrate and insult some people?

You should be ashamed of yourself for not having any human decency.
You should be ashamed of yourself for not knowing the history.
You should be ashamed for not knowing facts and reality.

I know East Asia comprises of Japan, China, and Korea.

So you are saying Koreans are inferior to Japanese or Chinese.

But Koreans kicked China's ass when there was the kingdom of Goguryeo, and kicked Japan's ass in 16th century.

Admiral Yi defeated a Japanese armada of 333 ships with just 13 ships (it's a complicated story how he ended up with such a small fleet).

Japanese when building their imperial navy in the 19th century studied Admiral Yi and his tactics, and praised him for his genius and bravery.

And back in the day, the Chinese called Korea the "Little China" because it was so advanced compared to the rest of Asia.

It had a very rigorous system of recording history and historiographical practices. It relates to my thesis that Koreans have an affinity for truth, while other Asian countries bend truth and history to their own advantage.

I could go on and on but I will stop. It's your call whether you wanna keep arguing or not.
>>
>>3031611
holy shit you're autistic for getting baited so hard. this is incredible.
>>
>>3031594
Sick burn but dude this guy is pure cancer and talking to him is like talking to a brick wall. It's better to ignore him but if you're going to have fun playing with this douche could you guys at least stop shitting up the draw thread?
>>
>>3031580
Nigga you need some construction, anatomy and perspective up in this bitch.
>>
>>3031613
But all my points are valid. That's your only way out? To say it was a bait?

You are a prime example of the evil that exists on this site.

I had no choice but to defend the integrity of Koreans.

I am a Korean tiger after all ;)
>>
>>3031614
some drawthreads need to be sacrificed so we can watch chunbum eat noobs, usually it all gets deleted later anyway
>>
>>3031616
>I am a Korean nigger after all ;)

Fixed that typo for you
>>
>>3031616
Go make a containment thread for yourself if you're going to attention whore this hard
>>
>>3031619
you must be a racist redneck

or some korean-hating maniacal fanatical japanese imperial nationalist.

or both

i feel sorry for you.

;p
>>
>>3031621
No I just want to submit art to draw thread peacefully and quietly. I have a right to participate in the draw thread using my real name.

Why do you blame me for this trouble?

They are the ones who are aiming to cause trouble and prevent me from participating in the draw thread or use my real name.

Dont side with these racist idiots.
>>
>>3031622
Serious question: Why do koreans think that every time someone is fucking with them it just has to be the japanese? Doesn't that make you a racist redneck japanese-hating maniacal fanatical brainwashed north korean?
>>
>>3031627
same reason why /pol/tards assume you're some foam-mouthed turbo-sjw from tumblr if you even slightly question their logic

people have the tendency to be paranoid and see their most hated enemies everywhere
>>
>>3031625
>Why do you blame me for this trouble?
Because you respond to trolls and bait rather than ignoring it. You know, like someone who just wants to submit art peacefully and quietly would do?
>>
File: bew twintelle.png (3MB, 1800x2475px) Image search: [Google]
bew twintelle.png
3MB, 1800x2475px
the color almost killed me. can i get some critique and advice for this one?
>>
>>3031633
I will try to do that from now on.

This is getting out of hand.
>>
>>3031640
niggers always have a tendency of popping off into rants.
>>
>>3031640
WE WUZ TIGERZ
>>
nerf this
>>
>>3030671
awesome
>>
>>3031557
i promise 500$.
>>
>>3031657
Canadian*
>>
>>3031657
Tell me. In colors? Traditional or digital? What subject?

Can I paint Aphrodite?

I think digital would be easier because I can layer as many times as I want without the surface becoming uneven or making halo marks. It would be faster as well.
>>
>>3031657
Good luck fucker, i doubt it will turn out decent but at least make it look funny
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (3MB, 3190x1277px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
3MB, 3190x1277px
>>3031600
>I just like sharing my art and getting constructive critiques.

Which looks better to you, left or right?
>>
>>3031590
You were saying early that you could whip out a painting on the level of Sorolla, Sargent, Bierstdadt, or Moran given a month or two?
>>
File: tiger can do.jpg (1MB, 1644x1465px) Image search: [Google]
tiger can do.jpg
1MB, 1644x1465px
>>3031590
LMFAO you are absolutely bonkers, mate!
>>
>>3031350
>>3031692

>i could literally produce something like what youve shown me in 1-2 months with skills i have now. my skills are not worlds best but they are adequate to do the job.
>>
File: 2017-06-22 Figures.jpg (314KB, 787x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22 Figures.jpg
314KB, 787x1000px
Damnable knees.
>>
>>3031661
anyway you want as long as its from imagination, not a rip off and provably done by you.
>>
>>3031712
Good luck verifying that. Prepare for goalpost moving, backpedalling and behind the scenes shenanigans. That's if he even takes up the challenge, which I don't think he will ("hurr durr I don't have time for this, I'd rather do serious work for chool assignment" style excuses).
>>
>>3031580

Interesting shape design, you have quite appealing, clean lines. Keep at it, try to do shading/rendering
>>
File: aphrodite 002.jpg (725KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
aphrodite 002.jpg
725KB, 2500x2500px
>>3031712
I am doing it right now. It will take 1-2 months to complete.

This is a progress shot
>>
>>3031727
you literally already failed.
>>
>>3031707
Can you show your skeleton simplifications for those?
>>
File: 1492861632301.jpg (125KB, 655x653px) Image search: [Google]
1492861632301.jpg
125KB, 655x653px
>>3031727
Well, at least it's look funny
>>
>>3031727
im looking for accuracy and lack of your style. youve already fucked up. may it be how long her right forearm is, the mouth anatomy, the nose in the wrong perspective, the hand with no respect to form, etc.
>>
>>3031728
>>3031732
There is no such thing as failure in painting.

I am providing the progress shots to prove that it was me who worked on it, without copying, entirely from imagination.

I don't see any major problem with it. Those minor differences can be fixed as I continue layering on and on.

You are making excuses now that I am actually doing this.
>>
>>3031739
Thats not proving it though senpai
>>
>>3031739
>There is no such thing as failure in painting.
>>
>>3031727
Is she feeling her breasts while touching herself? Wow chumbum didn't know you would be reduced to sex appeal
>>
>>3031739
sure. whatever 500 CAD if you reach the quality level displayed within 5%
>>
>>3031746
Then what's proving it?

Using some high tech ninja kungfu skills to render flawless lines and shapes in one blow with printer-like precision?

I don't get what you want. If that's what you wanted, then I suggest you become a photographer rather than a painter because cameras can do that instantaneously.

If not, then just keep quiet and watch. I can do this. 2 months?

Not impossible. At all.

Remember, I am not using any references. It's all being done from imagination.
>>
>>3031749
she's covering her breast and her pelvis in the modest pose of Aphrodite. It's just from different angle.
>>
>>3031754
You could be halfway done if you weren't posting
>>
>>3031754
cameras arent capable of simplification.
>>
File: FuckThisShit7.jpg (1MB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FuckThisShit7.jpg
1MB, 1200x1200px
Still doing the RnB album cover thing. I don't normally do shit like this. Plz feed mah back. Sorry for posting all the time. Placeholder text and placeholder dudes on the foreground. Didn't get much feedback on the last thread so here's the most recent version...

I think I need to simplify all the forms on the photobashed rocks and stuff. I dunno...
>>
>>3031563
>You guys even say Brian sucks.
i do kinda suck tho
>>
>>3031779
exhibit A: I have a mustache right now
>>
>>3031779
Is that you Brian?

You dont suck. Why do you let me down like this?

Say it with me -

I am a great artist!
>>
>>3031758
I'd stop adding shit, it's starting to become crowded. What's the importance of the dudes
>>
>>3031791
hes okay and youre terrible.
>>
>>3031729
Unfortunatly not, I didn't seperate my sketches and just used one layer.
>>
oh my god why is this so hard?

the face with beautiful line work is ugly now that i am shading it
>>
>>3031791
I'd rather be a great person than a great artist
>>
>>3031819
NGMI
>>
>>3031820
i don't think you understood my post
>>
>>3031806
>oh my god why is this so hard?
because you gave up 3 years back. im legitimately hoping i get to give you .5k in some miracle turn around. but i said it because its impossible.
>>
>>3031819
Well, a good artist is a good person, so there.
>>
File: aphrodite progress 02.jpg (59KB, 860x764px) Image search: [Google]
aphrodite progress 02.jpg
59KB, 860x764px
progress shot of head
>>
File: somelady.jpg (168KB, 852x1000px) Image search: [Google]
somelady.jpg
168KB, 852x1000px
I hate learning rendering. It's just no fun. I think I'll just stick to getting better at line-art.
>>
>>3031895
Easy, Tiger! You don't wanna just bust in and wipe the floor with Zorn right out of the gate. You've got 1-2 months, you gotta dose the awesomness slowly.
>>
>>3031895
line dependency. wrong perpective. ugly face. fucked up values. If you think you are so perfect, why u are here? I though IC was a place to people get better and not only brag about themselves
>>
>>3031926
I am here to improve. Never said I was perfect.

I am not used to drawing on photoshop.
>>
>>3031906
get better at drawing necks and torsos before lineart or rendering you autist
>>
>>3031895

Good to hear that you're here to improve. Seems to me like you look at stuff like the eyes lips and nose as symbols instead of shapes. I'd say you should do some B&W studies of faces with some hard contrast to get your stuff more life-like (if that's what you're going for).

>>3031927

This looks fucking great from afar (as a thumbnail) but opening the full image was a huge letdown. If you hate rendering it's probably the thing you should be studying. I know it's not satisfying if you can't really do it but it's the only way to "git g00d". Do both, obviously, but still... I bet you can get both of these things right because you don't seem like a fucking idiot...
>>
>>3031895
i feel like you just don't understand what "realism" means. That means realistic. You've got your own definition of what realistic means. If it has arms, legs, and a head it's realistic to you and you can't seem to escape how infantile your work is without proper studying.

When you look at those realist paintings that anon posted you say "I can do that if I try" but you are completely incapable of understanding that these wonky figures are literally the best you can do.

What makes those realist paintings amazing is that they were executed incredibly quickly, even if they took months. They could make an exact likeness of their surroundings in no time at all. So even if we gave you a year to make a realist painting it wouldn't matter because that's just simply not fast enough. I don't doubt that anyone here given enough time could make the sistine chapel, but the real skill is how fast you can do it. And you are miles and miles too slow because you've wasted so much time staying in one place.
>>
>>3031906

Is this a study btw? Looks like a mix of study and imagination to me...
>>
>>3030671
>statuette
you mean busts?
because thats not a picture of a statuette
>>
File: june-22-2017.jpg (63KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
june-22-2017.jpg
63KB, 1000x746px
either i need to work on bigger canvases or use smaller brushes.

I'm still trying to work out the order in which to do things. I know I'm supposed to do darks first and lights afterwards but I'm still a little afraid that I'll end up muddying colors when I lay the lights on top of the darks.

I want my stuff to be more realistic but it's still not quite there yet.
>>
>>3031946
also wow that looks great as a thumbnail, sorry it's so shit zoomed in.
>>
>>3031937
but I like giraffes and broken spines
>>3031944
It's like 95% imagination, I do look at a random photo of a face for very minor details when I'm unsure of something
>>
>>3031943
I took some time figuring out the brush setting in photoshop because I almost never drew on photoshop realistically before - I primarily used GIMP in the past.

That slowed me down, but once I have this figured out I am sure I can speed up.

At RISD I did bunch of 2 min and 5 min gesture drawings. I know how to quickly put down the shapes.

But still this is not an easy challenge to do. I can see that.
>>
File: notworthit.jpg (174KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
notworthit.jpg
174KB, 900x1300px
Worth coloring?

>inb4 "edgy"

played too much Persona 3
>>
>>3031964
no
also, you forgot to put a date on your drawing
>>
>>3031968
Why not
And why d8?
>>
>>3031964
i like how her vagina is spilling out of her shorts
>>
>>3031976
the fuck nigga?
>>
>>3031970
>Why not
the upside-down Nike mouth
have you even tried holding your right hand like that? It doesn't bend that way
who the fuck stands that way
also you need to resist your pedo tendencies and pray to god
>>
>>3031983
>1
>2
>3
what's anime guise
>4
don't how how she looks like a little girl. retarded yeah, but no pedo
>>
>>3031964
i think so, i like the pose, i'd like to see what kind of choices you make with color.
>>
anime doesn't excuse shit anatomy and pose
>>
File: gun.png (368KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
gun.png
368KB, 900x1300px
>>3031964
got bored and colored your drawing.
>>
File: IDunnolool.jpg (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IDunnolool.jpg
3MB, 2000x2000px
They wanted a blue sun. No feedback? I guess I'm perfect then! Anyways. Thanks guys from the last thread! At least I'm getting paid for this shit! /ic/ is great and stuff...
>>
>>3030676
fuckin saved
>>
>>3032018
Yes feedback - don't have the line splitting the building structure be tangent to the floor tile line in perspective. (the straight vertical) It looks too contrived. At the very least you could have moved the tiles over, still using the persp grid, and not have a line line up perfectly with the splitting building. This is just my opinion maybe some people will like it so I'd wait for more feedback on that one.

But one critique I'm sure about is your silhouettes are way to clean and vector looking to fit properly with the rest of the painting.

It's especially noticeable in that the farther figure is just as tight/hard edged as the closer figure. As though the eye was focusing in two places at once.

Could use some form of atmospheric perspective. Or SOMEthing to make it look like it fits in with the background, like it's part of the same scene. Especially the farther figure.
>>
>>3031993
that's a pretty loose definition of "colored" you got there, partner
>>
>>3032036
technically it is colored
>>
File: IDunnolool2.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IDunnolool2.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>3032028

Thanks for the crit man! I already got this shit sold to the guys who are paying for it but they said I could make some tweaks during the weekend. The silhouettes were placeholders I got from Googling "male silhouette png" so I'll be asking for the dudes for their actual silhouettes... Maybe I'll ad a little smog effect over the whole thing. Here's where I'm at right now. Not a huge difference but anyways... I'll definitely be doing most of the stuff you said. Thanks again!
>>
>>3032056
You're welcome! I pray for your success :)
>>
>>3032058

Thanks man! No need to pray for my success though! I got mah cash and that's the most important part for me (I'm a broke asshole)... This is so shit that I won't this in my portfolio though, unless I can do the fixes you said and make this into a compelling image or something. It's really fun when you need to step out of your comfort zone. I usually draw spooky vampires and shit and I learned a lot from this crappy image! Ehh...
>>
>>3032068
If you want to make it appealing and portfolio worthy, build up your focal point and then fill in some subtle lower contrast stuff in the rest of it painting. Be very conscious of the hierarchy you've built here, but just spend a lot of time on it.

Sometimes it helps to do another one from scratch, using the first one as your base or to reference as your general idea.
>>
File: Maciej1.jpg (434KB, 2500x1375px) Image search: [Google]
Maciej1.jpg
434KB, 2500x1375px
>>3032077

Yeah I think I'm gonna do the:

>Sometimes it helps to do another one from scratch, using the first one as your base or to reference as your general idea.

I didn't want to do this particular building but it's an ugly local landmark that the guys (my clients) wanted in the image. I was actually referencing a Maciej Kuciara piece a bit (pic related) for that one and I bet I could do a more compelling job if I was given a free hand to do what ever I like with it. It's always nice when you can mix a study and "paying work". I'm more into fantasy/sci-fi stuff so this shit was fucking weird for me to do. Had to compromise with a lot of the stuff we see here but I learned a bunch and I'm gonna incorporate this stuff into my further work. I sure as hell ain't a good graphic designer. Thanks either way!
>>
>>3032081
Yah it can be tough when you have limits like a specific building - it helps to spend a day or two brain storming and researching if you're given a job with a lot of constraints.

That painting is great, it uses the atmospheric perspective that was talked about.
>>
File: 2017-06-22 Heads.jpg (228KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-22 Heads.jpg
228KB, 1000x563px
>>
>>3032118
HAND OVER THE BLOG AND NOBODY GETS HURT
>>
File: IMAG5028.jpg (181KB, 684x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG5028.jpg
181KB, 684x1000px
>>3030407
>>
File: aphrodite progress 03.jpg (85KB, 1190x904px) Image search: [Google]
aphrodite progress 03.jpg
85KB, 1190x904px
progress shot
>>
>>3032215

Awful
>>
>>3032215
Thanks, keep us posted on more progress
>>
>>3032215
>realism
>>
>>3032215
>accepts a challenge to produce a realistic piece
>produces this abomination instead and hopes to somehow salvage it

I knew it, delusional. The indoctrination process was thorough indeed.
>>
>>3032215
One more month to go before Chunbum masters digital.
>>
File: IMAG5029.jpg (214KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG5029.jpg
214KB, 829x1200px
>>3032196
>>
>>3031493
This board is called critique, if you cant handle being critiqued you came to the wrong board.

Asking him to post his work is really dumb and shows that he hurt you, just try to take your time and consider his critique, or just ignore it.
>>
>>3032222
>>3032227
>>3032239

>criticizes others who at least tried
>didn't participate at all
>>
>>3031638
Post only in /beg/ until someone tells you to leave
>>
File: Low-res copy.png (510KB, 623x900px) Image search: [Google]
Low-res copy.png
510KB, 623x900px
First time contributing
>>
>>3032245
but that was no critique. it was bunch of senseless insults and criticism

there is nothing to consider in his "critique"

its just garbage.
>>
How you like monkey now?
>>
>>3032166
https://www.artstation.com/artist/lij

I rarely update though.
>>
>>3032251
seconded. people who do nothing but insult etc. need to be asked to post not their own work, but literally just draw a copy of the work they are insulting that they drew themselves. 99% of the time they can't even draw as well as the person they are insulting, let alone better.

I've seen it work in other threads. Most notably here: >>3026434

when trolls are outnumbered its completely satisfying.
>>
>>3032253
I love your style. Do you have a tumblr?
>>
>>3032258
chunbum is the troll though
>>
>>3032270
pretty sure this post is bait
>>
>>3032270
Sigh.

How many times do I have to tell you? They are jealous or ideologically biased! They are the trolls.

Just look at the total garbage "critique" someone gave me. You don't call that being a troll?

And you turn it around and accuse me of being a troll? Ridiculous.
>>
>>3032289
the obsessive compulsive in you is what makes you answer bait.

they don't deserve even three sentences for a reply

the compulsiveness may serve you well in writing, or art, but not in responding on 4chan, trust me you're probably reasoning with a 12 year old.
>>
I just want to jump in and say there's no reason to just be mean to someone for logical reason. Even if you think there art is not that great why would you even say that.

Some people behind the veil of anonymousness will attack anyone, but especially people who seem like 'easy' targets - people who will reply fast basically.

People who are negative for no reason contribute nothing to this thread, to the board, to the website, to the world.

What's so hard about being nice?
>>
>>3032307
>nice
You would rather lie than be honest?
>>
>>3032307
this is literally asking for it on 4chan, weren't you already warned not to try and argue with 12 year olds? the best thing you can do is be kind yourself, be a role model, and either ignore the trolls or fight them on a case by case basis.

You'll get many battle scars fighting, and it'll often look like you lose but it does actually affect people. I've seen threads get turned around for the better by an abnormally large amount of kind people in them. It takes as little as two or three.

I generally see this place as a sea of 12 year old boys with like 1 drowning adult. Two or three adults pretending to be 12 so they don't get attacked and dragged down. so if you're fighting the tide, which I commend, I must still forewarn you that you're fighting an uphill battle
>>
>>3032310
it seems your guilty of this
>>
>>3032307
>someone for logical reason
I meant for NO logical reason.

Basically just be nice. Is this place full of middle schoolers or something?

>>3032310

People are on totally different levels of learning you guys ever think about that?

Do you see people in real life walking up to someone with cerebral palsy asking why they don't talk or walk normal enough and trying to give them tips on improving?

How incredibly aggressive, cruel, barbaric that you EXPECT people to operate on some higher level and also be competitive.

I'd be willing to bet that your art [spoiler] SUCKS[/spoiler].
>>
>>3032316
heh, for a couple of posts I thought you were being genuine
>>
>>3032321
No, I really think and would be willing to bet that your art sucks because you as a person more than likely lack creativity. Creativity are empathy are closely linked and you lack one of these completely, so based on that I bet you lack the other too.

That's me being genuine.
>>
>>3032258
You are awesome. There is HOPE.

>>3032294
Good point

>>3032307
The light of reason prevails.

>>3032313
Sigh

>>3032316
Ikr?
>>
>>3032323
you're deducing an awful lot from a single post
>>
>>3032329
I've been around the block enough to recognize shit right off the bat.
>>
>>3032316
>Is this place full of middle schoolers or something?

for the last time, yes. Yes. There is literally only like two, maybe 3 adults max right now, having this discussion here and maybe 2 are out to sea on some other thread
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (189KB, 1000x862px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
189KB, 1000x862px
Pig
>>
>>3032329
but what he's saying is true ;p
>>
>>3032251
just like your art, cumbum.
>>
File: xwing.png (228KB, 783x701px) Image search: [Google]
xwing.png
228KB, 783x701px
wanted to try drawing one of these purely from memory
>>
>>3032323
>Creativity are empathy are closely linked
they are closely related in that both are words that don't really mean anything
>>
>>3032349
scott roberston fan?
>>
>>3032358
A literally who
>>
File: mechg.jpg (384KB, 978x1322px) Image search: [Google]
mechg.jpg
384KB, 978x1322px
>>3031109
>>
>>3032362
a literal who
>>
>>3032339
pretty nice
>>
>>3032362
>not knowing who scott robertson is in 2017
>>
>>3032373
>implying any normal artists knows scooter robertson
>>
>>3032373
I know now because I googled it

still not entirely sure why posting a Ralph McQuarrie inspired design makes one a Scott Robertson fan
>>
>>3032376
it wasn't an insult
>>
File: Aphrodite progress 04.jpg (72KB, 939x898px) Image search: [Google]
Aphrodite progress 04.jpg
72KB, 939x898px
progress update

it doesnt look so bad especially her face is nicely rendered
>>
>>3032388
your #1 issue is that you have everything pointing forward in symmetry.

So next time you work on a piece try to work on that.

For example your eyes are both the exact same angle forward, your nipples/breast are pointed in the same forward direction

study the slight angle changes between eyes, lips, how they look different on the other side because of perspective, and how nipples face away from each other like lazy eyes.
>>
>>3032388
I like how you can tell Chunbum isn't used to working on such a small screen because he always works on large canvases.
>>
>>3032388
is that chunbum working digitally?

I thought he only painted in oil mixed with his own semen
>>
File: IMG_1979.png (381KB, 939x898px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1979.png
381KB, 939x898px
>>3032388
>>
File: IMG_1980.jpg (49KB, 652x558px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1980.jpg
49KB, 652x558px
>>3032388
And
>>
>>3032388
This >>3032368 actually demonstrates rye nose angle perspective stuff mentioned here >>3032391
>>
>>3032388
Chunbum, I just want to say that, for as much as I disagree with you on basically every possible subject, at least you have the balls to accept a public challenge and put your work out here to be criticized. Props.

You're still autistic, but at least you're trying to put your money where your mouth is.
>>
>>3032388
BEGINNER THREAD
>>
>>3032615
>Useless comment
>>
>>3032473
agreed. good on you for sticking with the challenge. hope you learn a lot.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.