[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to grind exp for your drawing skill irl? If so,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to grind exp for your drawing skill irl?
If so, advices to keep going.
>>
KEEP
FUCKING
DRAWING
>>
>>3030074
>>
>>3030074
>>
if you insist on looking at it that way, consider hours spent drawing like your flat xp. If you get 100 "points" an hour for (deliberate) practice that's 1000 "points" in 10 hours.

Consider seeking critique / tutorials / books / classes etc as a multiplier for the subject you're drawing. Imagine like x0.20 or something. So if you drew 10 hours in addition to actually studying other materials (related to it, if you're trying to draw buildings and reading about human anatomy it won't do you any good), you'd be at 1200 points. If you read a lot of books and didn't draw a fucking thing you'd basically be at flat 0.

It's all arbitrary, though, since progress isn't really measurable that way. If you're going to make a game of it, just assign points to things you think will help improve your art and track it. Reward yourself with something (art supplies, a burger, I don't care) at certain thresholds as the carrot. I don't go that far generally, but I do track my hours, since it helps keep you motivated if you're constantly trying to beat your old monthly average.

Also if you're a beginner (I assume you are) just mentally prepare yourself for the long haul. It takes years, if you're not prepared for that, you want another hobby.
>>
Drawing from life/plein air is power leveling
>>
>>3030064
no, it's more like learning to play chess or something like that. at first you learn a whole bunch of general rules, then you learn some set patterns and how to play by those rules, then you start testing different stuff out, bending the rules, trying other patterns, and developing a deeper understanding of the game. and because doing all that stuff requires you to play a lot of games you find you've got a lot of experience without ever having to 'grind.'
>>
“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good. It’s trying to be good, it has potential, but it’s not. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. And your taste is why your work disappoints you. A lot of people never get past this phase, they quit. Most people I know who do interesting, creative work went through years of this. We know our work doesn’t have this special thing that we want it to have. We all go through this. And if you are just starting out or you are still in this phase, you gotta know its normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work. Put yourself on a deadline so that every week you will finish one story. It is only by going through a volume of work that you will close that gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions. And I took longer to figure out how to do this than anyone I’ve ever met. It’s gonna take awhile. It’s normal to take awhile. You’ve just gotta fight your way through.”

― Ira Glass
>>
>>3030074
>>
>>3030064
No
>>
>>3030064
No, art is super conscious.

You're better off trying to finish something and make it look good, even if it takes you 300hours to do what a pro could do in 2 hours.

Art is all about problem solving and mileage isn't really how many drawings you've done, it's how many problems have you solved that you can remember how to solve the next time.
>>
>>3030074
>>
>>3032675
i hate to admit it but true. still fuck you anon.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.