[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets get philosophical for a bit

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Do you think some people just lack a fundamental unlearnable thing in their nature or being that just makes then unable to draw no matter how much effort they put in?
>>
File: maxresdefault-2.jpg (70KB, 1402x1087px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-2.jpg
70KB, 1402x1087px
Anyone can do anything if they work for it. Unless you have donkey brains.
>>
>>3030060
Maybe, but you'll never know until you try.
>>
>>3030060
>Do they exist?
Sure, I think so. But the real question is

>Do they make up a significant amount of the population?
I don't think they do, it's more akin to having a rare disability or something imo. Like I think anyone can learn how to do anything provided that they're sufficiently motivated,can put in the proper effort and have the right resources. The genetics and talent all kicks in after that and maybe it'll help you become truly exceptional because you have an aptitude for it but even those without a natural aptitude can still learn things to a high degree. There are very few people who are incapable of learning things, some may have a tougher time than others but they can still learn.
>>
its all about the work ethic and attitude
>>
>>3030060
Not everyone can get the motivation required to succeed.
So yes, I belive some people lack it.
>>
>>3030063
I disagree
>>
Unless you have an actual learning disability, it's impossible to not improve. What people actually lack is direction and feedback, so they don't know what to improve or are doing the wrong things in hopes to improve. Anyone with an instructor behind them pointing out flaws will force someone to improve unless they blatantly disregard or forget their instructions.
>>
>>3030060
try working your absolute ass off for 3 years and answer that question yourself.
>>
>>3030060
I think it's like with everything else.

Like how most obese people who don't diet are just lazy blobs. However you can't expect a obese person with severe schizophrenia to wilfully go on a diet.
>>
>>3030060

Sure, why not?

Think of savants who have a sub 70 IQ but somehow manage to be world-class masters at one specific talent

Knowing that, shouldn't it be reasonable to entertain the idea that some individuals may have a subdued effect in their biology that makes them fundamentally retarded at art but normal in most other areas?
>>
>>3030060
Unless you are clinically retarded you can do anything you set yourself to do, people are just fucking lazy.
>>
I know a guy that has a degree so its not like he's retarded, but he used to discuss Loomis and other artbooks with me but his art still looks like elementary school tier. Baffles me everytime I see new work.
>>
File: 1346390948257.png (97KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1346390948257.png
97KB, 2000x2000px
>>3030060
I don't think everyone can reach the same level of skill, but most people aren't even doing anything to get better. And no, drawing alone doesn't help you improve. If you draw the same standing cute anime girl from the front everyday you're learning NOTHING.

Anyway, I think the most limiting factor is that drawing isn't just a technical skill, it also requires imagination which in my mind you cannot teach. Every shit-for-brains can learn to be a great technical artist who can draw photorealistic drawings of people when he's copying from a photo.
>>
>>3030066

this.

also good luck on them dubs
>>
>>3030063
fpbp
>>
If they're actually, literally retarded. Like have a genuine diagnosable mental deficiency / learning disability.

Any normal person capable of learning can learn art. Some more slowly than others, but anyone can.
>>
choob.
>>
I don't have to 'think', this is literally basic biology.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.