[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cant we be like conceptart.org?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 234.jpg (475KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
475KB, 1600x1000px
Why cant we be like conceptart.org?
>>
Because we don't have a Jason M to rally us.
>>
>>3028912
We have Nosebro
>>
>>3028911
A relic of the past?
>>
>>3028913
You say it like it's a good thing, meanwhile he's why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>3028912
He has rallied a community by selling false dreams and ironically destroyed it at its peak when people realized he's the Mullins of scam artists.
>>
I member
>>
>>3028911
Good/decent/defendable things currently about /ic/:
> Draw thread
> Artbook thread
> silly challenge threads (my style your style, random prompt, etc)

Good decent/defendable things about conceptart.org:
> Portfolio threads (bad idea here)
> archival/member promotion
> Shitloads of challenges of the week/month/year/tuesday/Jupiter/d20/woah
> trustable input by actual peers in ongoing pieces

Bad things about /ic/:
> reiterative, boring, baity discussion threads (REEEEEEE Shadman/Sakichan, HOW DO I DRAW/RENDER LIKE X, Talent/Nueroplasticity/etc bait, Tablet thread, Graff thread, people who don't use /beg/ or Draw, generally everything that keeps the Draw thread off the first row of the catalog)
> people who can't/won't draw running their mouths
> broken dreams

Bad things about conceptart.org:
> clinical sterility to interaction
> nigga ded
> broken dreams (redux)

I don't know. You could try making ongoing challenge threads, but you'd probably just be run off the board.
>>
>>3028935
>I don't know. You could try making ongoing challenge threads, but you'd probably just be run off the board.

We used to have those fairly frequently for a while. It's just that the guy who usually started them apparently left and no one else took his place.
>>
>>3028911

>all this boring, flat, uninspired portraiture

No thanks
>>
>>3029013
You don't even understand what you're looking at.
>>
>>3029020

What did you mean by this?
>>
>>3029024
He means that you don't even understand what you're looking at.
>>
>>3028935
>Talent/Nueroplasticity/etc bait
But talent exist
>>
File: 231231.png (14KB, 158x161px) Image search: [Google]
231231.png
14KB, 158x161px
People are missing the biggest factor here: We're all anonymous.

Other sites have profiles you can click through to. You can see who is giving you advice, and you can gauge how much weight you should give to their critique. Also, people tend to be nicer since many will feel like they have a little more of a standing to defend. The combination of these two helped CA.org and pretty much every other site give much more valuable and insightful feedback, instead of the standard /ic/ shit posting.

I think the argument that anonymous people give better, harsher critiques if absolute horse shit. You're can absolutely rip something to shreds and still be kind and encouraging about it. It's not anyone else's fault if you're too socially retarded to do so.
>>
File: clickhole.jpg (147KB, 640x993px) Image search: [Google]
clickhole.jpg
147KB, 640x993px
>>3029047
>>
>>3029050
This

Asking /ic/ for critique is like asking the average League of Legends player for feedback on your gaming skills.
>>
>>3029029

I just told you what I was looking at.
>>
I was on CA around 07...it wasn't that great. It was massive circlejerking to anyone who didn't have a high post count and wasn't Elwell's sex slave. It was however the pinnacle of sketchbook threads.
>>
does CA accept anyone of any level?

>>3028935
> clinical sterility to interaction
> nigga ded
> broken dreams (redux)
?
>>
>>3029064
As I said, you don't even understand.
>>
>>3029024
Afaik that's not a gallery but a list of promoted artists and the images you see act as their avatars, so there are a lot of portraits involved for an understandable reason.
>>
>>3028931
I'm genuinely curious, what false dream was he selling? I always thought it was get good, get work and that's true.
>>
There should be a person who picks the best works from all of /ic/ and features them on a sticky where users cannot make any comments.

I could be that person XD
>>
>>3028913
>>3028922
>when people discuss a name / trip fag when he is not even here

Kill yourselves
>>
>>3029050
I disagree, no one will give you harsh cratique because they are all thinking about their karma, likes or site equivalent

I remember an artist on deviant art getting ripped apart by the community by giving none hug box cratiqu. Saw that shit with my own eyes
>>
CAs sketchbook threads right now, are a place where no matter how bad you are you will improve if you have mileage. Simply because the people on the thread are always learning together and no one hesitates to give you good valuable critique, which sometimes can be a hard pill to swallow.

I guess all I'm saying is, that if you want to make it so much that you're losing sleep over it, go post in CAs sketchbook thread everyday, and eventually the people there will see you're trying and they WILL do the best they can to help you make it.
>>
File: IC.png (864KB, 1754x1147px) Image search: [Google]
IC.png
864KB, 1754x1147px
>>3029174
Just because other sites kill you with hugs, it doesn't means that drowning in /ic/'s shit is a better idea..
It's like trading cancer for ALS.

Never trust this place.
>>
File: FunWithaLeftBrain.jpg (95KB, 500x686px) Image search: [Google]
FunWithaLeftBrain.jpg
95KB, 500x686px
>>3029047

His point is probably not on talent itself but on people shitposting about talent everyday. They don't make threads about Neuroplasticity because they are genuinely interested in the latest discoveries on the subject but want to reach their daily quota of Ligameme and Spark posts.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.