/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else occasionally buy these things for the artwork?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg (52KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Magic_the_gathering-card_back.jpg
52KB, 300x416px
Anyone else occasionally buy these things for the artwork?
>>
>>3028756
why not just paint something similar if you like one of em?
>>
>>3028758
Same reason people own artbooks and such I guess, it's just for enjoyment and inspiration. I do occasionally take cues from some of them and use that in my art.
>>
>>3028758
People had the same idea too, ten years later, they're making illustrations for MTG. What a coincidence.
>>
>>3028756
yes, when I was in HS way back when..
>>
>>3028756
i was pretty amused when i discovered that people take the game part of magic cards seriously.
>>
>>3028756
Me. But only vintage ones before they started doing digital artworks.
>>
I used to have a box cart of these cards from some dead guy when I was a kid. But at the time I didn't know what it really was and was into yugioh more.
>>
File: humility-13270-medium.jpg (36KB, 277x401px) Image search: [Google]
humility-13270-medium.jpg
36KB, 277x401px
>>3028937
THIS

the new cards are way too refined for my tastes.
>>
>>3028756
I wish I could answer yes but I'm such a huge nerd that I have to actually play them too. So no. Even though I /like/ the artwork I know I'm buying em to use em. XD

Been playing magic off and on since it came out, I'm pretty sure. Or very close to it.
>>
File: brainstorm.jpg (74KB, 450x363px) Image search: [Google]
brainstorm.jpg
74KB, 450x363px
i used to play a lot. and it still have a bunch of them i enjoy the artwork from. like this one from Brainstorm
>>
So is it possible to sell them your work like just here this is wizard for $50 or they need to hire you and all that bullshit?
>>
>>3029299
they go by commission. so they'll pay you for the drawing they give you a prompt for. each card has a theme that goes along with the theme of the set that it will be a part of. so you have to follow that.

if you're interested in doing commission work for them build a portfolio of scenes that look like they could be on a mtg card.
>>
me, as well. I enjoyed the old artwork as much as the new. The most tasteful in my opinion was from kamigawa to worldwake
>>
well, i like skeletons and it has a fuckton.
>>
File: IMG_0651.jpg (88KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0651.jpg
88KB, 312x445px
Y-yeah. Bought it for a friend
>>
>>3028756
>tfw I got into magic exclusively for the art
>got cheated out of hundreds of dolla over the years by incredibly asshole LCS guy who preyed on small autistic kids' allowance and took pride of it
>all on shitty cards with good art
>eventually I quit because I was going nowhere, sold all of it back to him to recoup some of the money and he got it all back at like 1/5th of the price
>later on discovered online MTG catalogs and realized how hard I was fucked
I know I was a stupid kid but I hope that scumbag lives a life of soul crushing tragedy for the rest of his days. Fuck MTG, fuck local comic shops.
>>
File: EPSON002.jpg (3MB, 2550x3510px) Image search: [Google]
EPSON002.jpg
3MB, 2550x3510px
C A R D A E S T H E T I C S
>>
i did this with pokemon cards for a while, but now i'm just trying to look for other ways to get the artwork. the translated illustration book that came with the mew & mewtwo super collection box last year was really damn nice though
>>
>>3028756
Me. I have all magic cards that Quinton hoover made his artwork
>>
File: 1443280114434.jpg (72KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
1443280114434.jpg
72KB, 500x561px
>>3029185
This
>>
Who /drewtucker/ here?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.