[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Wacom Intuos Pro worth it?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: wacom-intuos-pro-1_kzec.jpg (38KB, 1040x658px) Image search: [Google]
wacom-intuos-pro-1_kzec.jpg
38KB, 1040x658px
Getting a cintiq seems way out of hand budget wise, and I can hardly say that I'm even good at all.

What are your thoughts?
>>
>>3028322
You don't need a cintiq
Of course the intuos pro is worth it
>>
>>3028322
As long as you're not a professional with a stable income, get an intuos pro
>>
>>3028329
>As long as you're not a professional with a stable income

In general, a 10''x6'' tablet works? too small?
>>
>>3028339
It should depend on your screen's monitor size
>>
>>3028346
Cool, anon. Thanks.
>>
If you really want drawing on screen there's always the ipad pro.
>>
>>3028322
i use an intous pro medium and its very nice. definitely pick one up anon
>>3028346
i also use a 24" monitor so i guess i picked the right one lol.
>>
>>3028322
I've got a pro large to a 23" monitor and I absolutely love it. The large area is incredibly liberating in how it allows you to draw long smooth strokes with your elbow.
>>
>>3028322
I have a cintiq 13 and large intous 5, I would say is very useful the cintiq for animation and linework, but not necessary, you get used to the intous anyway, also my back starts to hurt with the cintiq quite faster, I don't know if it is based of the screen size though.
>>
File: IMG_20170606_165819.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170606_165819.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Get a Huion
>>
File: barbarian.webm (803KB, 424x240px) Image search: [Google]
barbarian.webm
803KB, 424x240px
>>3028346
Why does it depend on the physical size of the monitor instead of the resolution?
>>
>>3029460
dunno but that webm you posted is fucking sick
>>
>>3029460
The active area of the bamboo or similarly sized tablets are too small for larger displays. Slight movements of the stylus will send your cursor flying across the big ass display. It's completely usable, just not preferable. You'll find yourself giving the stylus a death grip as you try to maintain control over a stroke or line.
>>
>>3029460

It does depend on the resolution, the guy who posted that is just an idiot who didn't read the picture.
>>
>>3029455
>I want a wacom, but I have no money.
Huion is the Pepsi to wacoms Cola, they both practically taste the same and if the restaurant doesn't have Cola you'll drink that Pepsi.
>>
It takes a little bit of a learning curve to get it to feel as natural as you like it for rough sketches, but once you do, going back to paper is mostly a sentimental choice. It's just so much damn faster to have all your shit ready to roll right there on the screen as soon as you finish construction. My scanner has been neglected for months but I still turn it on just to hear the noise for nostalgia

Just don't let it become a crutch
>>
>>3029460
because the person who made that is either trolling or an idiot. The active area size is what really matters along with the capacity to read. Most dummies don't bother to learn how to use their tablets so they don't understand what mapping is, how to change the mapping area, or turn it off so you get a 1-for-1 drawing experience. Also, unless the screen is exactly the same size as the tablet's active area you don't get a 1-for-1 experience.
>>
>>3030153
> obvious trolling is obvious
>>
>>3030155
around a few weeks of drawing? Would it be better to just buy a cintiq without the learning curve
>>
>>3029460
the tablet maps to the monitor size thats why so unless you want to spend more time zooming in andzooming out on a small screen with a higher resolution just get a monitor that has the fdefault map size of your tablet already and then adjust the resolution to what you want, duh.
>>
>>3030178
Are you stupid?
http://cameratico.com/guides/how-to-choose-wacom-pen-tablet/
>>
>>3028322
Yes, I have one and it's really good.

There are only 2 issues

1. touch doesn't work properly at all, disable that shit
2. the drivers can be annoying at times, e.g. pen pressure/circular menu randomly breaking. To fix it, see https://www.gametextures.com/fix-your-wacom-drivers-without-restarting-win/ and don't forget to restart your drawing program as well.
>>
>>3028322
Plenty of monitor tablets that work just as well as a cintiq without the $1200 premium. Just look around.
>>
>>3030239
well since i know how to switch the mapping on my intuos off and this guy obviously doesn't, 'no'.
>>
I'm not even sure I can even suggest a cintiq atleast the latest "pro" line.

Just stick with a intuos desu
>>
>>3030438
What do you recommend, I was looking at the huion gt 220
>>
get a used intuos3
>>
File: 11.jpg (164KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
164KB, 894x894px
>>3029681

I have a small bamboo fun and a 25" 1080p monitor and I have great control over small and large lines. I don't know if its because of pratique or because the size is no that important at all.

I'm going to get the last 11" huion and I will post the differences
>>
>>3029455
>Get a Huion

which one though?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.