[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is obviously basic and unrefined, but I'd like some comments

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled-1 copy.jpg (422KB, 1347x1770px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
422KB, 1347x1770px
this is obviously basic and unrefined, but I'd like some comments
>>
you might feel more at home at /fa/

artistically, this is just nothing. go talk to the fashion fags, they'll tell you if these outfits work.
>>
>>3027325
it's clearly character design and not illustration. and /fa/ is about real world fashion.
I'm also asking about the process, I'm feeling more at ease getting into color right away, but I've been seeing videos which talk about silhouette and proportions first and stuff, but they're all about cartoony styles where shapes are more pronounced.
>>
Like another anon said, this is literally nothing. There is nothing to say.
>>
>>3027318
I can1t realy say anything constructive but I realy like the black/red outfit.
I'd love to wear it.
>>
Think about what you want the dress to say. "I'm only here to party," or, "let's find somewhere nice and quiet," or "Big business meeting," or "I'm looking for a promotion," or "I'm dressing up, but not really going out," or "first date," or "want some succ?" or "I charge $130 per hour," or "I charge $20 per hour," or "I'm just here to look cute," or "I look the best in the room," or "I'm really going to get him going with this," etc etc etc.

Also think about who would wear this outfit. If you don't have a specific character in mind (dealing with reality rather than a story) then try to think about a group/target audience you would appeal to. Have a good vision in your mind because you're trying to make something that they would want to buy.

Doing black and white "notan" silhouettes on a 50 percent grey is definitely a good place to start. Especially if you kinda have a specific audience or characteristic. Depending on the target audience/character you need to balance between dress material and showing skin. Create interesting shapes that appeal to the audience, play with folds, patterns, colors, lengths, cuts, etc.

As for a specific critique, I don't really have one. They all look so different and it looks like you're just experimenting with the medium rather than the subject matter. Which is fine, just a bit harder to critique. It's an interesting approach and you can do some cool stuff going straight to color, but I feel like there are bigger fish to fry.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.