[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not typing in your most frequently used tags in the search

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 45678765.png (274KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
45678765.png
274KB, 455x455px
>not typing in your most frequently used tags in the search to see what/who is trending
>not being a clone and poor imitation
>not making money

What is some stupid shit you're not doing that you should be doing to get artbux?
>>
Thanks for the tips, got anymore?
>>
>>3025541
>not looking at photo blogs with a lot of notes
>not doing studies of trending photos
>not learning to appreciate plebian taste
>not liking korean boys and vintage aesthetic

What is being broke because of a delusional and inflated ego?
>>
>>3025550
I'm learning so much, how did you get your hands on all of these secrets?
>>
>>3025557
I worked for the Borg hive known as "the industry," Then quit to make more money alone on social media.

>Not finding someone who's beneath your skill level but popular
>Not learning and stealing from them as much as humanly possible
>Not acquiring 1/3 of their fans overnight by being a better version of them

What are some missed opportunities?
>>
>>3025538
>thicc eyebrows
who is dis
>>
>tfw you love making art
>tfw you are shit at promoting yourself

its a a completely separate skill and I am terrible at it because I hate myself and everything I make
>>
>>3025599
Some kid from Hunter x Hunter
>>
>>3025538
>>3025550
>>3025572
>being miserable and pathetic
I'm making a lot of money by drawing what I like. Maybe it's just a matter of having good enough art and social skills?
>>
im a hobbyist but thank you
>>
>>3025611
>go to tumblr
>type in the names of various god tier oil painters
>laugh at the notes
>types in 'art' instead
>look at whats trending
>avoid having a mental breakdown
>realize everything has the same amount of attention regardless of skill level
>realize appeal is based off of intrinsic value
>Do exactly what people want you to do for them
>Give people a reason to care about you
>build a fanbase of loyal fans
>Spend your freetime doing whatever you want
>treat the god-tier journey as a hobby
>treat social media like work
>best of both worlds

If people want a burger at 3AM just give them a burger. Nobody cares if it was made with love. You're providing a service.
Anything that looks good will always be appealing, but accept that nobody who's not an artist will know who sargent is, or the appeal of a proper understanding of anatomy, perspective, etc.
>>
>>3025826
How can "realize everything has the same amount of attention regardless of skill level" be a true statement when all the super popular artists like Sakimichan, Kron, Cyarine, Loish, Nebezial, Artgerm etc are clearly all above a certain skill level that is objectively way higher than that of most artists who follow and admire them? I think you are vastly underestimating the knowledge of the fundamentals most of these popular artists have. Outside of postmodern gallery type art, there are very few genuinely bad artists who have become very popular.
>>
>>3025611
Then get into the professional circle. Followers aren't money. Artstation profiles get what, 5000 views? 100 followers? And they're the ones making all the fucking money, and not having to push their prints and streams constantly.
>>
>>3025826
>types in 'art' instead
>look at whats trending
I just did this and I don't even understand 95% of the crap I see what the shit

what is this site
>>
>>3025826
if people want 30 burgers for free tell them youre not doing it
>>
>>3025852
>all the super popular artists like Sakimichan, Kron, Cyarine, Loish, Nebezial, Artgerm etc are clearly all above a certain skill level that is objectively way higher than that of most artists who follow and admire them? I think you are vastly underestimating the knowledge of the fundamentals most of these popular artists have.

Only artists care about art skills. Same as chefs admiring fancy/difficult/expensive foods.
If you go to a japanese steakhouse and see the hip old asian man do a flip with his spatula, it doesn't make the food taste any better, but it's a part of the reason why you went there in the first place.
There's lots of equivalents in digital art. That's why dA-style and tumblr-style are things. Most people don't know enough about steak to know whether or not it's a good steak.
Same as how most people can't tell if a painting is skillful or not. It's based entirely off of spectacle and things like that. You need an education to truly appreciate a steak, but anyone can admire the sizzle.

Those artists you've named were not viral overnight successes All of them were grinding their following since the early days of 4chan..
Sakimichan was drawing bishonen and pioneering the dA-style with her 8 tutorials that every body read. Kron was an atelier fag than a concept artist. Loish was cloning Mucha and Larusso in art school. Nebezial was freelancing. Artgerm was grinding fundamentals with his OC.

Sure they all were good, but it wasn't their skill that made their following grow. it was their appeal, fanart, and commissions. They provided a service.
An emergent art style I've been seeing these past few years is "high-school doodles" Badly drawn art that looks like it was done in class by the stoner kid. It's all over soundcloud, tumblr, instagram, etc.

GUWEIZ isn't nearly as skilled as Kron for example but he's building a massive following It's not about skill, it's appeal.
>>
>>3026587
>It's all over soundcloud, tumblr, instagram, etc.
>soundcloud

What?
>>
File: CS2883274-02A-BIG.jpg (424KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
CS2883274-02A-BIG.jpg
424KB, 700x700px
>>3026660
you've never looked at the album covers on soundcloud?
This post 'x-wave' climate is filled with that style of art.
Used both ironically and unironically.
>>
>>3026917
>you've never looked at the album covers on soundcloud?
I never paid attention to them. I was more focused on the music, desu
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.