[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I buy a cintiq, how much better at art will I become?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: SailorScoutPeach.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SailorScoutPeach.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
If I buy a cintiq, how much better at art will I become?
>>
you won't magically gain art skills because you have a cintiq.
>>
you'll get worse because you won't improve when you think you will because you dropped $2,000 on worthless hardware
>>
>>3025226
>>3025222
Tools not rules, and the cintiq is the best you can get. Of course you'll get better, same with anything.
>>
>>3025215
37.56% better
>>
>>3025230
>Tools not rules, and the cintiq is the best you can get.

"No rules just tools" doesn't fucking mean "better tools better output" anon.
>>
>>3025215
>I am dumb
>I ask dumb questions
nah, you won't improve, you are too dumb.
>>
>>3025232
How is it mesurable? Some kind of art rating website where people post BC AC (before cintiq, after cintiq) artwork and on average people rate it 37.55% higher? Is it based on curent skill or is peoples raw improvment different?
>>
>>3025230
I'm guessing you haven't been doing art for very long? >>3025235 is right I think, you can't automatically use a cintiq if you can't draw to begin with. Sure it can give you some fancy shortcuts but that stuff doesn't really matter when compared to skill.
>>
>>3025230
i remember when i was week 1
>>
>>3025215
speaking with experience, used an intuos when i started, using a cintiq 22hd now.
You'll get worse and will stay worse for about a year until you've gotten used to it and maybe then you'll get 1-2% better.
>>
>>3025215

It definitely speeds up your workflow but doesn't make you better. If you can afford it go ahead and buy it. Invest in your hobbies.
>>
>>3025222
Wrong.
>>
>>3025215
i suppose if it motivates you to learn to art then it could help
>>
File: c35580dde7751916310b5ce9669928ae.jpg (171KB, 1107x1614px) Image search: [Google]
c35580dde7751916310b5ce9669928ae.jpg
171KB, 1107x1614px
>>3025370
How so? You'll gain extra functions and shortcuts like I said, but so will an artist working traditionally or even digitally without a cintiq... They'll just do it the old fashioned way and ingrain their personal shortcuts using their chosen media. You don't always need a specially-coded tool to achieve perfection. In fact, sometimes perfection is best achieved with as little complications as possible.
>>
>>3025331
>You'll get worse and will stay worse for about a year until you've gotten used to it and maybe then you'll get 1-2% better.
That is an oddly specific yet furiously stupid thing to say.
>>
If you're not fully used to the tablet disconnect, the Cintiq will make you be faster and you'll have more fun. It won't magically make your art any better though, except maybe if you are more willing to put in time due to the speed/fun factor.
The quality of your traditional drawings serves as a preview, you won't get better than that. I still recommend it if you can afford it.
>>
It might improve your productivity if you're more comfortable with it. But it's not going to magically make you paint at a higher level.
>>
>>3025584
great input
>>
>>3025399
I got a cintiq yesterday and it definetly is giving me better results than my intuos, it gives you the best of both worlds seeing what youre drwaing from traditional and all the layers, undos and whatnot digital has
>>
If you don't know how to drive, you could have the greatest car in the world, the result would be the same.
>>
>>3026285
>parrot parroting

Why do you assume OP can't draw?
>>
>>3026292
>Why do you assume OP can't draw?
>/ic/
That's why.
>>
File: wilbur_thinking.gif (286KB, 600x867px) Image search: [Google]
wilbur_thinking.gif
286KB, 600x867px
>>3026296
>>
>>3026292
because he's asking really dumb questions. dumb people can't learn to draw. that's a fact.
>>
>>3025232
Wtf mine went up only 37.55%
>>
>>3026308
First it's low IQ is not needed to draw something now it's high IQ. Make up your mind, /pol/.
>>
>>3025215
You struggle less with hand to eye cordination, speeding up your progress ever so slightly from fewer failed strokes.

Everything else will be just as bad as before.
>>
>>3025215

You will fall to the digitalfaggotry side of Art and keep Galaxy in darkness for years to come. Good job, dickhead.
>>
>>3026317
>>3026356

>> third world poorfags detected.
>>
>>3026312
>draw something
>actual drawing

pick one, idiot.
>>
A tablet + art software allows tou to explore different "mediums" without having to invest in the physical medium. You can try lineart, cel shading, impressionistic, graphical, etc etc without having to go out and buy shit everytime.
Theoretically it can make you get "better" but really a pencil and paper can get you there just as quickly.
>>
it's not going to make your art better, although it would increase the quality due to resolution. if you're producing art at a fast rate, a cintiq or any professional level tablet is a absolute must.
>>
>>3025215
A cintiq is a tool. It does not have magical powers to make you a better artist. Just buying a hammer does not make you a carpenter, you still need to learn how to use the hammer - and the cold reality is, not everyone can be a carpenter.

Explore art using cheaper tools, a cintiq is a major investment, find out if you have any talent first.
>>
>>3026387
Agree. if you're just exploring buy a wacom small or something. but once you're in production or ready to take it to the next level time to step it up.

Get something large too, because the cramp is real.
>>
>>3026387
>not everyone can be a carpenter.
b-but they can, physically
>>
About 5, 974 better- units
>>
>>3026384
What's good cintiq alternative?
>>
>>3025215
When it comes to tablets, size is what matters. Whether it's a cintiq or a $30 tablet that happens to be 12 x 12. The reason size matters is because the closer your actual drawing size is to what is appearing on the screen the closer it will be to your actual ability to draw with a pencil on paper. Other than that, there really isn't any difference.
>>
>>3026410
IPad Pro and Apple Pencil
>>
>>3025215
I got one. There good but I should have saved more and got a bigger one or a different brand. You know if a tablet is good when you notice the mistakes you make while drawings are the only mistakes you make with pencel and paper. Draw more. I use my Cintiq so I have less scanning and easy of flash animation.
>>
>>3025215
you wont. your tools are not what make your art look good, its literally just you. if you gave any of the old masters a 30 year old crayon they could still do some amazing shit. dont bog yourself down with tools, instead bring your skills up to a point where tools dont matter.
>>
>>3026413
>>3026413
>The reason size matters is because the closer your actual drawing size is to what is appearing on the screen

But these always match perfectly on a Cintiq no matter what size, since the screen is also the drawing surface. Sounds like a good argument in favor desu.

I agree that this is probably like 70% of the benefit, but drawing on the screen is still a bit nicer since it's easier to look at where you're going. Your hand does get in the way though.
>>
>>3026698
You're hand shouldn't get in the way if your drawing counter clockwise (assuming you are righthanded).
>>
>>3025215
You won't get better, but your eyes will hurt more. Might get headaches too..
>>
>>3027192
That doesn't happen anon... but perspective can be messed up because of how close you are to the screen.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.