[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I make this BETTER? (It's a title logo)

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3611.jpg (171KB, 1407x726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3611.jpg
171KB, 1407x726px
How can I make this BETTER?
(It's a title logo)
>>
The squiggle under the R looks like a christmas tree at the end of a candy cone. Could use some work stylizing that to look better.

The whole tribal thing also looks very disjointed from the text itself in how it's just barely touching/overlaid at the bottom.
>>
>>3025177
something outlining the letters to keep it seperated from the background
>>
>>3025177
>ember
>puts shitty fire texture
I mean, you don't need to go full literal, friendo. Use color or forms instead of fire and shit like that.
>>
Letters look flat and the texture looks like shit.
The tribal is too noisy and what the fuck is that thing on the right of the tribal ?
>>
>>3025177
perhaps make the flamed words look they are etched into the partchment of the background texture?
>>
>>3025177
The M is slightly too large/long
>>
>>3025177
get a better texture or slap a red gradient on it
>>
>>3025177
To be honest, it's more than a bit cliched. The whole first and last capitalized thing had a recent fad because of the Stranger Things logo, and tribal...that's been kind of lame for a while now.

Second, it's a little lazy. The letters should flow together, like the serifs between the M and B. The tribal stuff should flow and transition into the letters, instead of just overlaying them. Your negative shapes are just ugly - a logo should be good looking in all aspects. Look at the negative spaces as much a shape as the actual letter shapes.

The font doesn't really match the art - the art is all swashes with points, and you used a box-end serif font. Try to find a font that fits better into the spikey, flowing aspect of the tribal art. (If you insist on using it. I personally wouldn't, it looks dated.)

Third, it will be very difficult to reduce this, for visibility, and a B&W version won't look right.

What's the client, and what's this for?

PS - never submit a logo on a colored background. White only.
>>
Ditch the tribal and the fire texture
>>
>>3025987
^that
Tribal is lame . Fire texture eh its questionable at best, but tribal is definitely lame.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.