[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who suck at art, whats your self-made tip for drawing better

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: booties.jpg (100KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
booties.jpg
100KB, 500x500px
Mine: The idea of 'working big' still applies to digital art. it can be easy to limit yourself by zooming too much
>>
>>3022811
I suggest looking into fractals and how they work to get an idea of why zooming is a terrible idea.
It's important to know why things are without just repeating what you've heard.

My rule is to autistically measure everything that is drawn from observation. treat it as if there's a looong list of algebra equations that need solving.
>>
here use this
>>
>>3022811
believe in your own vision

as in like, literal vision, like i need to make sure i'm carefully looking at my work as i do it, hard to explain now i try to type it out.
>>
>>3022811
Squinting when drawing from life.
>>
>>3022907
If I'm not mistaken, what he's trying to say is if you're drawing, say, an ear from still life or something, don't draw based on what you think an ear should look like, actually look at the subject and draw what you see.

Drawing with your eyes and not your head.
>>
put a limit of lines for each body part
>>
>>3022811
just talking to myself. When you verbalize the things you need to do it makes it easier to do and the outcome more successful
>>
>>3022811
You'll be making life easier if you throw on construction on your life drawings instead of just drawing what you'll see - the result will be largely the same, but it'll help your imaginative work a dozen times over.
>>
The #1 thing I tell people just starting to draw is to stay away from drawing the positive space in their object - instead draw what makes up the image - no outlines or harsh contours right away. They'll focus way too much on perfecting that instead of understanding how to build anything. For instance - draw the fat pads and bone protrusion of a person instead of their outline and you'll have a much more dynamic and believable figure than if you just drew its outline. Another thing is to make something out of clay or another substrate before drawing it so you can understand it in a three dimensional manner - this gives you a better idea of the things mass.
>>
>>3022840
>treat it as if there's a looong list of algebra equations that need solving.
Shit, I thought I was the only one autistic enough to do this.
I mentally give the length of everything in the subject a letter, and then formulate equations like x=0.5y=0.75z=3w etc etc
E.g. x is distance between eyes, y is length of nose bridge, z is width of lips, w is size of pupil, etc
>>
File: IMG_20170311_165904_671.jpg (1MB, 1918x1918px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170311_165904_671.jpg
1MB, 1918x1918px
>>3024765
Actually a really good idea. Esspecially to keep a consistant style for a charater. Thanks anon.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.