[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some techniques to color your lineart?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

I know of a couple, but I'd like to try something new. Which do you use personally? I'd like to have something similar to pic related.
>>
>>3022345
Oh yeah, bonus points if it's in Manga Studio, CSP, thanks to vectors and the line thinning tool.
>>
>>3022345
Looks like your average clipping mask with hue matched and value dropped about 20%, and a couple bits matched to the spectaculars. Same thing just about everyone uses.

Not the biggest deal to fuss over, as long as your fundamentals are solid you'll be right.
>>
>>3022352
Yeah, how do you use clipping masks. I'm still very confused by that.
>>
>>3022352
>hue matched and value dropped about 20%, and a couple bits matched to the spectaculars.

what does this mean? Please forgive me, I'm slightly retarded.
>>
I'm making a rendering tutorial if anyone is interested.
>>
>>3022360
yes i'm interested. disregard everyone who disagrees.
>>
>>3022345
Ok, OP here, I guess I should used Google. If you're using manga studio, a great method is create a new layer above your lineart layer, and right click on the thumbnail, then select "Clip at Layer Below." You can now paint over your lineart with a brush.

Super easy, super convenient.

I guess since I didn't see one in the catalog. Let's make this a QTDDTOT thread.
>>
>>3022356
Changes from program to program. I'm used to Photoshop, where it's just right click the layer > clipping mask and ties it to the layer below, but if you're using Manga Studio I found this:

http://lapinbeau.deviantart.com/art/Manga-Studio-5-Clipping-Layer-Tutorial-414752880

>>3022357
Just on a scale of black to white, 15/20% are your big jumps without straight jumping from high-midtone to black or whatever. It's just a safe transition when you're not taking into account spec maps/material type/lighting.

Speculars are your highlight things you see around, to dumb it down as much as humanly possible.
>>
>>3022360
Looking forward to this. Your rendering is beautiful.
>>
>>3022390
>>3022364
Should be done by Friday. Glad you're excited.
>>
>>3022413
make your own thread when it's finished
>>
>>3022345
Rather than locking and adjusting the linework, I usually redraw the linework during the paint-over stage. This may seem ass-backwards, but it's not much work. It also avoids the unpredictability of compositing layers, and can be done in any program.
>>
>>3022415
Kyle General would be a great thread lol
>>
>>3022360
Yes pls
>>
>>3022360
Hell yea my dude!
>>
Kyle is the best, way to go Kyle!
>>
Kyle is so cool.
>>
Kyle your awesome man.
>>
Any other tutorials you guys wanna see?
>>
>>3022494
hands
>>
Kyle wow!
>>
>>3022494
boobs or perspective maybe?
>>
Did he ever finish that tutorial?
>>
>>3025122
It's not the real Kyle, just a troll. The real one doesn't use a tripcode.
>>
>>3022494
feet from a variety of different angles in shoes. I'm gonna sound like a whiteknight dick rider, but I appreciate you sticking around. Fuck these crab in bucket, sour grapes faggots; If more great artist like you stuck around to create tutorials and stuff, /ic/ would be worthwhile.
>>
File: healp.png (67KB, 617x349px) Image search: [Google]
healp.png
67KB, 617x349px
I'm actually interested in learning to use shadows too.
I've been drawing for a couple of years but I still can't find a style of shading for me.
It's 80% not knowing how to do it right, 10% not having the right tool for CSP and 10% not finding the style.
>>
who the fuck is kyle and why is everyone here sucking his dick
>>
Kyle, Kyle, KYLE!
>>
>>3022345
Isn't her torso waaay too long? look at the distance between her hibcage and her hip bone.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.