[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colour Mixing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 3

File: mixing.jpg (383KB, 1600x1180px) Image search: [Google]
mixing.jpg
383KB, 1600x1180px
What're some good books for colour mixing, specifically watercolour? I've been trying out the medium but it's been really weird getting used to how colour works when my only other experience with colour is digital.
>>
File: making-color-sing-3.jpg (48KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
making-color-sing-3.jpg
48KB, 500x333px
>>3022026
Books can only help so much. You need to build up experience and an eye for color.
The main things you need to know are how to adjust the value, saturation, and hue for a pool of paint. To do this, you need to know complements and develop quick formulas for common colors, like black.

As for books, Making Color Sing is one of the top recommended watercolor books out there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vfswJIukL0
>>
File: Biff titanium wheel.jpg (240KB, 1600x1036px) Image search: [Google]
Biff titanium wheel.jpg
240KB, 1600x1036px
I've kind of wanted to pick up the book from the artist who made pic related and OP's chart. It is more of an encyclopedia than a guide for mixing, but it is definitely pretty to look at.

Agreed with >>3022044 though. This is a thing that you have to do on your own to get the most out of it. With experience, you can decide if you like certain mixes or opt for something unconventional. The advantage of this for this medium is that you can choose your favourite watercolour paint mix and put it onto your palette for ease/convenience. Could always set the paints next to each other into the same well without mixing.
That being said, you have to be mindful about the various properties attached to watercolour paints and pigments. You can like the way some colours mix, but not the opacity or granulation. Good luck, OP.
>>
I use Prismacolor watercolor pencils to lay down pigment at edges I want to shade then use a Pelikan travel kit to activate the pigment while wet, with additional pigment on the brush and scrub/rub as needed then I use goache when done to finalize any colors that need a deeper hue or glazes.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.