[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Internalize concepts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1497098483284.jpg (65KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1497098483284.jpg
65KB, 500x517px
How to get grasp of concepts?
like understanding the concepts behind (for example) foreshortening.
I know that you can smash your shit against 1000 exercises and eventually the concepts will get engrained in your brain and hands.

But is there a "smart way to learn to draw" like understading how shit works.
>>
no you lazy faggot, time to grind
>>
You can 100% understand something intellectually without lifting a pencil but you won't internalize it unless you draw it a zillion times.

It's just the way she goes. If it was easy everyone could do it.
>>
>>3021652
You're not going to learn to be an artist by reading something. Art is mostly hands on - you pick a pencil up, or a brush, and do it.
>>
>>3021652
>"smart way to learn to draw"
I'm tired of bastards wanting to do everything easy. Draw, learn, take your fucking time, shit.
>>
>>3021652
You gotta do it a lot and for a while before the concepts enter your unconscious mind. Internalizing concept is making it almost literally part of your body, so it takes time and effort to put something you want in that space that stores evolutionary ideas and behaviours. If you think that's hard, you're right - and it's a good thing. Nothing that's worth doing is easy and it always takes at least one type of sacrifice.
>>
grinding is a bad way to think of it, although you do have to put in the hours/

put them in while consciously thinking about the concept as you draw the exercises.
then go do some of your own stuff with what you've just studied applied.
>>
>>3021652
Sure, if you're too lazy to grind then pay for tutoring.
>>
File: 1493566557087.jpg (124KB, 574x398px) Image search: [Google]
1493566557087.jpg
124KB, 574x398px
>>3021652
Drawing is a practical skill completely reliant on reflex and conditioning of the brain due to the high complexity of the task. Every time you draw, your brain is trying to extrude various amounts of data from an image you are looking at, or from the reconstruction your brain made of an image/collection of images you saw in the past, while at the same time examining various possibilities of line placement, colors, shapes, values, etc. and trying to decide which is going to be the best way to execute what it saw/imagined in the split-second before. Your brain does this not once, nor a few times, but hundreds of thousands if not millions of times every minute you spend drawing. It quickly becomes obvious that drawing is far too complex for you to be able to fully do it consciously. Besides a few decisions we consciously make regarding how we want to guide our working brain, the process of drawing itself is essentially automatic.

Because of that, drawing is a lot less like a discipline (e.g. maths and physics) and a lot more like a sport. When you're playing football for example, you don't have time to consciously think about and calculate all the physical processes happening when the ball comes your way. A lot of times you don't even have time to think about what your strategy's going to be after it reaches your feet. So your brain uses all the insane amounts of data you gathered from practicing over time and does all the calculations and decisions for you without you even noticing it.

So what you need to do consciously, or "smartly", is to maximize the amount of accurate data you accumulate from practicing. If you correctly practice drawing 100 frogs in 100 different poses, you'll make your brain's job a lot easier when drawing frogs later. Not only that, it'll also have a lot more data on how to deal with different forms in 3D space, making your life easier for when you practice drawing other things besides frogs as well.

tl,dr: practice or kys.
>>
>>3021652
Just think about a grid going to vanishing point? Idk man what's there to internalise about such simple concept as foreshortening.
>>
Lazy fags have no place in art
If understanding this shit is too hard for your brain maybe it isnt for u
>>
>>3021652
From my experience if you understand it you can draw it. However to get it right, you'll be real slow at first until you've draw it enough times.

For example, trying to shade in digital painting took me forever at first. My results are still about the same but now I can do it in a reasonable amount of time.
>>
File: 5.png (134KB, 1200x611px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
134KB, 1200x611px
>>3022041
This is really inspiring. I give you 5 stars and a thumbs up for this beautiful text, not even joking.
>>
>>3022041
That's a quality post
>>
>>3021652
the 'concept behind foreshortening' is perspective
>>
>>3022041
Thank you very much.
>>
every nigga wanting the magic trick that'll skip the hard work
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.