[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be less of a night owl Douche?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: EPSON010.jpg (472KB, 881x1133px) Image search: [Google]
EPSON010.jpg
472KB, 881x1133px
24 living w/ parents
I'm a terrible roommate to anyone I live with and I want to change, to be more considerate considering that I pull all-nighters on a regular basis.

Give me tips /ic/
on food, materials, ideas for maximising comfy and art productivity whilst being less of a nuisance.
>>
>>3021059
>>>/adv/
>>
>>3021059
Quit being a night owl, wake up at 5am, that way you'll be tired by 11
>>
>>3021062
This is what I do.
>>
>>3021059
Get a therapist. Also sleep hygiene.
>>
Get up when/before your parents get up, go for a short walk every day, get yourself cleaned up and dressed, clean the house (vacuuming, dishes, mopping, taking out the rubbish, cleaning down surfaces etc) and make dinner for your parents. That last part can really mean a lot to your parents, trust me. If they work all day while you're at home it can be nice for them to come home to dinner and a clean house.

I do this most days as I'm taking a year out from university for mental health reasons, and so I can work on my portfolio. All of that stuff can be done in the space of 2 hours and then you have the rest of the day to yourself and art.

You can also offer to do the groceries for them once a week (if you don't drive you can walk to the grocery store and ask one of your parents to pick you up when you're done, it will save them a lot of time)

You can offer to mow the lawn/water the plants regularly (if you have one) if need be. Though that depends on where you live.
>>
>>3021059
hello boxman
>>
>>3021059
Wake up at 5am.

Learn what sleep hygiene is:

Bed is for sleeping.

There is nothing else but sleeping when in bed.

You will go to bed at the same exact time, every day.

YOU WILL DO NOTHING BUT SLEEP IN BED.

You will not use snooze.

Stand up the moment you wake up.

How to do this:

Make your electronics shut down by 8pm, not "I won't touch them" or some other will-driven bullshit. Out of your hands, permanently, until tomorrow. Use Cold Turkey program, or something similar. Make sure someone else has administrator access instead of you, if need be.

That is the first and only step, at this point. Come back when you have done that.
>>
>>3021059
drink less caffeine and no caffeine after 4 p.m, it would be better to stop even earlier
wake up early in the morning, eat breakfast, drink your coffee or tea and draw, make it all a habit
go for a walk during the day, exercise a bit, so not only you will be tired in the night and you will sleep better, but you will feel better in general.

Honestly if I could I probably would go to sleep earlier and wake up earlier to, but what works for me right now best is going to sleep around 12PM and getting up around 8AM, because I still have lots of time in the morning, but also I can enjoy the silence of the night, and spend my time drawing a bit or reading then. I also need silence to fall asleep, and before noon there's sometimes a bit of noise outside, or I can hear the telly downstairs.
>>
>>3021368
where should I read if I should in bed I should only sleep

I don't have any other place comfortable enough for reading
>>
>>3021392
living room sofa?

Just figure out some place other than bed. Bed is off limits, forever.
>>
>>3021059
Be aware of the noise you make. Remember that it can easily wake people up briefly and disturb sleep. They won't remember it the next day but it does in fact effect sleep. Even just walking around with your footsteps, opening/closing doors etc, can make a lot of noise. It might just be best to not stay up at all. If you wake up earlier, you will sleep earlier. It will feel better eventually to have a longer day than to stay up at night.

Like other anon's said, do basic house keeping. Clean, Take out garbage, do dishes, prepare dinner if you're able, offer to clean up after, etc.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.