[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

welp did a full year of drawing everyday and posting art everyday

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: steven-then-and-now.jpg (345KB, 1526x1106px) Image search: [Google]
steven-then-and-now.jpg
345KB, 1526x1106px
365 days of drawings and posting artwork online, no matter how sick I was, no matter how busy or late it was, I drew.

A minimum of 1.5 hours each piece( this number is skewed due to many pieces taking more than 5 to 6 hours or more so let's just round up to 2.5 to low ball it)

Note: this does not include time spent reading and studying different artist methods and practices.

Average time spent this year on art was 912 hours.

That's 38 days of drawing, note this is while working a full time job.

So basically a month of drawing nonstop....
Let's see what those results gots me...
When I started this, this was the first piece I drew 365 days ago, let's see how it looks now...
What a shit show, way below professional quality

This year I put in 500 hours into overwatch and showed more improvement

Could have fucking hanged myself and shown more progress :/

what can i do to gain more progress?
>>
>>3020967
draw faces that don't look like they were hit with a frying pan? honestly there is improvement there and it looks pretty solid but the subject matter is boring and lame to look at. do you have other examples you could share?
>>
>>3020967
How many drawings did you do, 365? Aim for quantity, next time? Instead of 1 perfect drawing, 10 shit scribbles focused on learning one thing. Next year it will be minimum of 3650 drawings.
>>
>>3020967
Exactly the expected year progress unless you're talented.
>>
Kill yourself you fucking spammer. I remember your threads cunt, all you did was copying in ink. 0 thought given to pieces, ignored critique, counted days by DAILY bumping your shit threads.

Fuck you. Seriously, fuck you, I hope you'll die in misery.
>>
>>3020972
care to prove that? i remember posting new art everyday till someone doxxed me and threatened me... i made a new drawing every day, and the copies youre refering to are called studies my friend, which made up all of 23 percent of my work
>>
>>3020970
over 365.. i only posted 365 "finished" pieces, i did many practice studies and anatomy studiesthat went unposted....unless they were master studies of other artists
>>
>>3020971
so not talented enough?
>>
>>3020983
>>3020985
post more of your work. the op pic is boring and ugly.
>>
>>3020967
> what can i do to gain more progress?

Progress with what? With better realism? Better lines? More expression and context? Did you fucking ask yourself what you really want to reach with drawing?
>>
>>3020986
Can't do anything about that, but hey you still made some really good efforts. Very few people can stick it out for this long and continue to draw and improve. It's not "not talented enough", it's just at your own pace.
>>
>faggot OP is still posting this crap
>>
>>3020988
no, last time i was accused of self promoting for posting art everyday since no one was helping in the daily thread, so i just posted in my own everyday till i was doxxed.
>>
>>3020989
yes, to get my art to more professional quality to make a career of it
>>
>>3020997
That's not really a goal, that's like a vague idea of a goal.

You need to sit down with a professional's piece who you admire and think long and hard about why you're not there, because aimlessly grinding for a year and then aimlessly whining at the end of it won't help you.

At least you're in the habit of drawing everyday.
>>
>>3021001
may i ask how thats not a goal? im trying to increase my skill level to make this a profession... what do you think is a more correct goal?
>>
>>3021005
A correct goal would be:
"Anatomical correctness to mirror Frazetta's, where every picture is lifelike."
You would address this by studying people - very indepth, using form, using references, making sure that your measurements of proportions and musculature is correct in every perspective, etc.

"I want a real dynamic to each picture, huge swooping motions and action bursting from the seams."
You would study animators, see how they do it, study stills from sports and such and incorporate it into your work.

"I want a grandness, a scale, full compositions."
"I want the effects that the old inkers used to employ to be right at home in my work, I want each piece to by right out of those pages."
"I want so and so"

Whatever. Point is, you need to break it down as much as possible. As far as it'll go. To the fundamentals, if you will. Measurable, distinct progress in each and every field.

Aimlessly milling about, mindlessly grinding with ideas of "being a professional's standard" is how broken dreams are made.
>>
>>3021010
These are things that make sense, but as of right now, what needs to be focused on then?
>>
>>3021010
Oh wait, I see what you mean... then yes I do that already.

Note what the troll said earlier, that I was "copying" pieces.

I do artist studies to learn how artist go about doing certain things.

Currently working on Jim lee to get better at faces consistency and buildings. I do these every day... but my goal for dobig these things is to be a professional artist
>>
>>3020967
2016 is honestly the better drawing on every level.

The extended hand on 2017 in particular is abominable, maybe for the next 365 days grind Vandruff's perspective lectures, Scott Robertson's book and DVDs, Krenz's gum roads, etc.
>>
>>3021018
We're there any other reasons for the 2016 being better?
>>
>>3021015
Charles Bargue's students famously spend weeks copying plates, down to the last minute detail.

You don't have to go that far, but you should be spending much more time on them. Making sure they're perfect before moving on, none of this "one a day" nonsense. You're past that. It's obviously not doing anything to help you, you've noted that yourself.

If someone, even /ic/, says you haven't done it well enough, then you go right back and study them. Even /ic/ is not completely baseless petty, even if you don't like the tone. See what you're doing wrong. Flip it this way and that, making sure it's perfect. Try and get each piece to a professional standard. If it's not there, ask yourself why. The answers are right in front of you.

And for christ's sake, man, push yourself with some full pieces.

While you're at it, brush up on your fundamentals. That means going through Loomis (yes, the meme himself), Vilppu, Hogarth, Bridgman, hell Robertson too why not.
>>
>>3021019
More appealing stylisation, better foreshortening, better pose/silhouette, better handling of clothing wrinkles in line (less is more), didn't hide one of the feet out of laziness, I could go on.
>>
This thread is pointless if we can't see your art work...
>>
>>3021025
You can see my work, right in the op post.

But I'm not posting more.

Last time /ic

Went on a reporting campaign saying I was spamming my art, which I wasent since he mods sided with em

Doxxed me and threatened my family

Stole my art and pretended to be me on here and other sites

Printed out my Steven universe drawing and took pics of them shiting on it or having their erection silioetes in the drawing mouth

And

Tried to spread my work address

I should point out this was all because I posted here everyday with new work in the same thread and sharing my site when someone asked
>>
>>3021031
yet you post again, you're getting all the advice you can on this specific drawing. sorry but we can't read your mind so we can only go on your artwork. post more shit or post on a different site for advice.
>>
>>3021031
Why would you come back after all that happened and risk going through the same shit again? Sounds to me the big plot twist here is that you ARE the dude who doxxed the original artist and still hasn't let go of his obsessive vendetta against him.
>>
>>3021032
Okay, first of all, I've posted on several sites, this is one of many I used to get opinions, second, I had opinions on getting more professional and what people thought of the piece. Why do you need to read my mind to judge the piece in front of you and answer a question on professionalism?
>>
>>3021034
I came back cause I'm not a pussy.

I'm not post my site or more pics here cause I'm not an idiot
>>
>>3021035
we've already answered you. if you've posted here for a solid year chances are you've soaked up all the information you can.
>>
>>3020967
Oooh, finally you see how not listening to any of our advice gained you 0 improvement.

Want some real advice? Stop drawing. You are way too stupid to make it.
>>
>>3020967
Shit to shit.
Why do people even try art. LOL
>>
>>3020997
I'm the anon who asked you where you want to progress.

If you want to become a professional you should know stuff like
- what kind of publicum you whant to consume your work? Young people? Overall adults? Rather women, men or both? What cultural scene? Other artists like game developers(desing)?
- With wich media? Illustration? Comics? Manga? Rendering? Fine art?
- How do you want to present your work? Rendering? Landscapes? Portraits? Do you want to appeal more on the expression of emotions or maybe more with realistic stuff? What is your focus?
- And more important, what do you really like to create?

With such questions you can start to create a fundament for your career and concentrate your effonts in one direction.
There is not only one way to be good at drawing. Just observe works like Charlie Brow: the Illustration is simple and the artist appeal more on story telling, humor and expression.

God speed.
>>
>>3020967

Set yourself a goal: try to create the concept art for a game you thought of, offer your services to programmers with no art skill from a game development community, write a webcomic, aim create one professional portfolio worthy piece every week instead of one mediocre drawing every day, etc.

Push yourself out of your comfort zone.
>>
>>3020985
Don't listen to faggots telling you you're not talented enough, that's a load of crap.
I don't know your whole routine, but it seems you simply weren't practicing efficiently.

>practice studies
Elaborate.
>anatomy
Visual library, not a fundamental skill, and how effectively you can use your visual library is determined by how well you know your fundamentals.
If you don't know form, no knowledge of anatomy will improve your drawing.
>master studies
Only beneficial if they're deliberate and if you know the fundies, e.g. "I'll study Sargent to understand how he uses value and edge control" - doesn't work if you don't know what value and edge control is.
>repetition and consistency (365 days)
If you consistently repeat the same mistakes over and over, what do you think will happen.

Start with warm ups, study the fundamentals, look for the fundamentals in nature, look for the fundamentals in other people's work, apply it into your own work, look for different ways to convey the same ideas.
Read books, watch lectures, ask for feedback.

Same thing I told you 6 months ago btw.
>>
>>3021093
>Same thing I told you 6 months ago btw.
The hilarious thing is half of /ic/ 6 months ago made less progress than OP.
>>
>>3021031
That's 4chan for you, gotta avoid doxability.

Anyway, I found your blog.
Feels like most of the mistakes in your drawings are things that should fixable if you always think in perspective, always think about 3d shapes and always think about weight/force.

I you skimp on any of those you get stuff like this:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9HP8-2_OeQE/WQboAuBU6KI/AAAAAAAACmI/3Cibvp1Qmpo6fAJDYB0C4FR6ckSjKDXgwCLcB/s1600/sketch2.jpeg
The face is fucked because you didn't think about perspective, the torsoe is fucked because you didn't think about the 3D shape of the chest.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Yv4_EBrsUwg/WQCBuEeAOyI/AAAAAAAACk4/J4wYFhWnAE4McIYdKxA9Uma2mhP5-RCaACLcB/s1600/cando-candice24.jpeg
Here you clearly didn't think about the floor or perspective, so everything is just out of whack.

Maybe it would help you to have a sort of mental checklist for every drawing so you don't forget about any of those things.
>>
>>3020967

Also, remember that sometimes a real tutor can be invaluable.Real, honest feedback by someone who knows their shit can set you in the right track.
>>
Why the fuck do you morons think professional means good, you can actually start doing comissions with your 2016 art and the moment you receive the money you're a professional. Shitty 2016 artwork or not.

Even I ,a fucking stupid fuck, who can't even do traditional work that looks good like OPs 2016 art, get paid $200 for shitty photobashed backgrounds
>>
>>3021216
>the moment you receive the money you're a professional
Don't be dumb. You're a professional when it's your profession. Not when you get 20 bucks for some shitty commission. If it isn't a career that pays the bills you're not a pro.
>>
>>3021216

You can ask uncle Larry to fix your cable TV equipment, pay him even, because he knows a thing or 2 about the hardware and owns a electronics shop. Chances are he got it work but the settings are all wrong, you paid him for his time anyway.

You have a friend come over who works at the cable company your equipment comes from and he points out that the set-up is all wrong. You pay him for his time to fix it.

Next time which "professional" will you call to fix your stuff; uncle Larry or Jake from Best Buy's Magnolia department?
>>
>>3021216
Technically if you didn't earn at least 400 dollars in that year, you aren't considered a professional/freelancer by the US government. They won't even ask for taxes.

If you made 401 dollars last year, you are liable to pay taxes.
>>
>>3021031
Kek never change 4chan
>>
Start a sketchbook thread on CA or Crimson Daggers. And go to a fucking figure drawing group.
>>
>>3020967
pretty good,

500 hours of a video game is a lot of video game, 900 hours of art is like 3 months worth if you were doing it full time.
>>
>>3020967

shapes and perspective bro, like the previous post said. You did make progress, but the biggest issue really feels you're not considering shapes of your forms entirely, nor your perspective entirely. Especially in the faces, you should just practice doing some expressions etc alone.
>>
>>3020967
Pretty good, but your style looks like you don't know if you want an anime-esq or a inked/semi realistic illustrator style so I think that's why its looks off to a lot anons here.
Also learn to color, don't be like me and learn to color years after you started drawing, there will be a HUGE skill wall between your technical drawing and coloring skill. Just learn the basic fundamentals of color at least and quit spamming your shit here.
>>
>>3020967
>what can i do to gain more progress?
stop making your own fucking threads and contribute to the other draw and alt threads instead
>>
You have to think while you draw.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.