[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wacom Mobilstudio Pro vs. iPad Pro

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: auto-9gag-1136210.jpg (84KB, 700x1053px) Image search: [Google]
auto-9gag-1136210.jpg
84KB, 700x1053px
I have an old iPad 2 that I've used to do digital plein air paintings with for two years. I love to work with procreate but I'm starting to feel a bit limited by the simple rubber stylus without pressure sensitivity input. I'm leaning towards buying a iPad Pro and a apple pencil, but I also have the chance to buy a never been used Wacom Mobilstudio Pro 16 inch model for $1000 off the regular price. I am watching a bunch of reviews and a common thread seems to be that a lot of people say that the iPad Pro is way better to have in your lap and on the go because of weight and size differences. So as I said I'm leaning towards the Apple Pro because I am going to walk around with the device a lot but the same time I really like the idea of investing in a complete mobile replacement for my home pc. Open to any comments and opinions.
>>
>>3019526

Is the microsoft surface not even an option? Heard it was the best alternative if you can't afford the mobile studio while the apple pencil was more like a useful addition if you already owned an ipad
>>
>>3019566

I'd have to try it myself to be sure but the overall verdict seems to be that it's inferior to the apple pencil and wacom mobilestudio stylus in how responsive the drawing experience is so that's a definite deal breaker.
>>
>>3019566
SP is trash.

>>3019526
>Wacom Mobilstudio Pro 16 inch model for $1000 off
A grand off what? Don't those things cost like 25k or something?
Is it from a friend of yours? If yes, ask him to try it out, see what you think.
Honestly, though, I don't think it's worth it unless you are a pro and it actually earns you money, and even then, I'm not sure I'd give that kind of money for it.

If you know what procreate is like, wait a week or two until the new ipad pros hit the shelves and try it out.
>>
>>3019566
i tried surface pro and the pressure kinda sucked. I draw traditionally 90% of the time, the pen pressure made me press a lot harder than I would on paper.
Switched to mobile studio pro and its amazing in every aspect, except the price.
>>
>>3019711
>A grand off what? Don't those things cost like 25k or something?
The 13" starts at $1500, and tops out at $2500.

Do you shitheads ever look up anything? You'll never be an artist if you're not willing to research even simple things.

OP - if you can get $1000 off a top of the line one, go for it. At the very least you can sell it for just under retail, and have more than enough for an iPad Pro. The Wacom is clearly superior to the iPad, though, it's not even close.
>>
>>3019849
>I also have the chance to buy a never been used Wacom Mobilstudio Pro 16 inch model for $1000 off the regular price.
>16 inch
>The 13" starts at $1500, and tops out at $2500.
>Do you shitheads ever look up anything? You'll never be an artist if you're not willing to research even simple things.
>16 inch model
>The 13" starts
>not [...] research even simple things
>You'll never be an artist
>>
>>3019849
>>3019877
Also, I just realized wacom gives me the hkd price for some reason.

I'm not even in fucking asia.

But yeah, if you're thinking of getting the biggest ipad pro + shit like keyboard, case, pencil, pencil tips, you might as well go for the discounted mopbile studio if you're ok with the weight, heat and battery for full desktop software + wacom.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.