[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /ic/ think of my first piece? Feel free to be honest

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Tattooo.jpg (1MB, 2265x3021px) Image search: [Google]
Tattooo.jpg
1MB, 2265x3021px
What does /ic/ think of my first piece? Feel free to be honest and abusive, and drop in a suggestion on what I should add to it (coloring, shading, etc).
>>
The shading on the snake feels blotchy to me and I don't really think it conveys of the form of the snake turned around the staff very well.
>>
>>3018862
Noted, I did request to the artist that one of the snakes to be darker than the other
>>
bamp
>>
>>3018858
That's really cool. I've always wanted a caduceus tattoo on my arm too but my arms are way skinnier than yours. This is one of the better ones that I've seen. It looks like it's done correctly. 6 points of intersection then the 7th peak.

I wonder, for what reason did you choose the caduceus as a tattoo? It has a really profound esoteric meaning to occultists which is why I ask.
>>
>>3019275
saw it in full metal alchemist
>>
>>3018858
Anon, I really like it. looks nice. Frankly, I feel like adding color or additional shading to it might clutter the design. it's nice as it is.
>>
>>3019293
Cool. Fma is a great anime. If you're interested, you could look up the meaning behind the symbol. If not, that's okay. It's a great tattoo either way.
>>
>>3019315
That wasnt me haha, I'm a psych nurse and I wanted something to remind myself of who I am and to stick to my code of ethics
>>
>>3019373
Oh hey that's even cooler! It's a perfect tattoo for you then.
>>
Super cool! But I'd suggest shading the second snake, it looks kinda incomplete.
Also, where'd you get that done?
>>
>dat's really cool!! i love it ^_^
/ic/ is dead.
>>
>>3019373
Hope you're joking. The rod of ascelpius is what you want for that sort of thing. It has only one snake, and no wings.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_of_Asclepius

The tattoo you have on your forearm there is the caduceus, which denotes commerce. It was wielded by mercury, protector of merchants, liars and thieves. Common misconception.

Tbqh, the caduceus is probably a more apt symbol for your "code of ethics" as a healthcare worker. Enjoy what is in all likelihood a career of fleecing/abusing the mentally deficient. Fuck I need a cigarette
>>
>>3019776
This, minus the cigarette.
>>
File: image.jpg (299KB, 686x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299KB, 686x900px
was thinking of getting a tattoo. am gonna get the cats in pic. should i go with colour or black and white?
>>
>>3019801
If you're a girl, definitely use color.

If you're a guy, definitely use your car to drive to the nearest wal-Mart and pick up a pair of testicles. And don't get the fucking cat tattoo.
>>
>>3019823
fucking hell stop being so insecure about your masculinity.

>>3019801
love it, depends where you're getting it done? personally I'd prefer no colors if it's somewhere obvious/clearly visible
>>
File: coyote-skull[1].jpg (64KB, 700x473px) Image search: [Google]
coyote-skull[1].jpg
64KB, 700x473px
I was thinking a black and gray coyote skull would look cool. Does it give any message or connotation I may not have considered?
>>
>>3020032
>stop being so insecure about your masculinity.
>start being a huge faggot like me! *guzzles cocks*
>>
>>3018863
No it looks good tbqh, and of course the snake isn't going to look super 3D on a symbol drawing tattoo >>3018862 is just autistic.

I think it'd look good with colours, but don't do any colouring outside the triangles and I think bright fluorescent colours would look good inside the triangles
>>
>>3019432
yea all the self loathing neckbeards killed themselves, good
>>
For first tat it's looking fine but you messed up a lot of the lines. Shades aren't that important to fix right now, it being your first tattoo. Obviously you need to get used to the machine and the needle. If you can draw it on paper it's a matter of time and dedication til you can do it on the skin. Overall I'm seeing the shaky lines as the bigger issue here but not to take it away from you it's a good first tattoo i've seen a lot worse.
>>
>>3022921
Have I been reading this whole thread wrong? I believe OP merely got this tattoo; OP didn't create this tattoo.
>>
>>3022921
Yeaaah I just got this one, I noticed the last triangle on the bottom has a lot of issues (other ones shown on the picture is just my veins bulging), but how would i go about correcting these lines?
>>
>>3022514
Thank you, I need good input like this.

Perhaps I can have half of the triangles be colored in/shaded in?
>>
File: smugkitty.jpg (24KB, 236x315px) Image search: [Google]
smugkitty.jpg
24KB, 236x315px
>>3019801

You may need a shrink, Anon.
>>
>>3023386
I really got the idea from OP's post that this was the first tattoo he made, not the first tattoo he's gotten. He didn't made this then? OP you havent made this?
>>
>>3024468
Nope, never stated that I did
>>
>>3024971
>>3023698
My bad. He can fix them after it's healed, he needs to go over them again.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.