[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you often find that you're actually just drawing yourself?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Do you often find that you're actually just drawing yourself? every character I draw I can only see myself looking back in some weird way. like they all have my eyes
>>
>>3018620
No, not outright.

But it does creep in in other ways. For example, I've always found that I've had trouble drawing skinny people, for obvious reasons.
>>
When I was in the first couple months of drawing I used to look in my mirror as a reference for what certain facial features look at certain angles. Then when I drew random characters (it was shitty since i was a beginner but thats not hte point) they'd look like me. Took a while to break the habit.
>>
>>3018620
I feel the same way but when writing characters.
>>
>>3018620
>>3018620
Yup
>>
>>3018620
Am i a chick with big titties? Nope, so i guess my answer is no.
>>
>>3018673
You see yourself as a chick with big tits. It's like projection.
>>
>>3018677
I think you're projecting.
>>
File: tumblr_nbqdjlS6rl1qzizldo1_500.png (292KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbqdjlS6rl1qzizldo1_500.png
292KB, 500x435px
>>3018620
>>3019530

All characters are a reflection of ourselves and our ideals, and we mold our people in the image of ourselves. Even if it's just fanart.
>>
File: 1474312125438.jpg (11KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1474312125438.jpg
11KB, 247x248px
>all this projecting
I'm glad I'm a functioning human being even if my art is still shit
>>
>>3019536
Can I ask you to elaborate on that?
>>
>>3019613
Not that anon, but to put it simply;
everything you create is a result of your ego, or your sense of self. Therefore, everything you create, is you, atleast in part. It makes sense, then, that human characters are more likely to be seen as yourself.
>>
>>3019678
What about the villains we create? More so with writers. My protagonist is me in a lot of ways as I'm basically writing a true story in a fictional world. My protagonist is going through a lot of the things that have happened to me in my life. Things such as having to be in a mental health facility with mental illnesses. Suicide attempts, getting raped, abused, starved, etc.

My villain is a serial killer, rapist, narcissist, cannibal, and sociopath. It worries me that I am that then? I care a lot about people and volunteer at hospitals and shelters. I even have a difficult time lying if it means saving myself.
>>
>>3019840
jesus christ i hope youre trolling

if you write a character as a murdering rapist, that doesn't mean you want to fucking rape people. it means your interested in using that character to tell a story. what the fuck. he doesn't literally mean that every character you create is some fragmented aspect of your psyche.

god youre dense.
>>
>>3019840
Healthy personality consists of things you are positive about and the things you are antagonizing. There is no shadow without light.
So yeah, the maniac within you exists, and his sole purpose is you not being like him.
>>
>>3018620
My characters are my hands. Each personality is a feeling, a state of mind i have been in.
>>
>>3018620
I don't even know what I look like to be honest. I'm so bad at remembering detailed features. Like I know I have brown hair, I have glasses and a weak chin,but I couldn't draw anything close similar myself without a mirror
>>
>>3018620
I thought about posting about this freaking shit today. Now that's creepy.
>>
>>3018620
yep. I always draw my nose. And my nose is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>3020646
Post your nose.
>>
File: bulb.jpg (84KB, 883x518px) Image search: [Google]
bulb.jpg
84KB, 883x518px
>>3020649
>>
>>3020687
Neat. Very Roman. Lot of character.
>>
I like to draw baggy eyes and moobs. I wonder why? hmmm
>>
>>3018620
Yes, I always draw my jaw and head shape. It looks fine for males, but the females look like trannies
>>
when i started drawing i used to use my jaw shape alot which made my characters look really odd, i fixed that though
however for personailty traits of characters i often find that they resemble me or certain parts of me when i design them
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.