[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you go from this...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0873.jpg (67KB, 336x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0873.jpg
67KB, 336x400px
How do you go from this...
>>
File: IMG_0874.jpg (82KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0874.jpg
82KB, 900x675px
...to this?!
>>
>>3017894
"It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child."
-Pablo
>>
>>3017901
"It took me 4 years to paint like a child, but a lifetime to paint like Raphael."
-literally everyone else
>>
>>3017901
yeah pablo was talking out of his ass
>>
>>3017901
Bullshit, Pablo never painted like Raphael.
>>
>>3017901
What did he mean by this?

No seriously, what does this message mean?
>>
>>3017958
art goes way beyond realism
>>
>>3017894
The invention of photographic cameras and this foreign concept to non artists called artistic evolution.
>>
>>3017958
If you don't know you don't have the spark.
>>
>>3017959
And Raphael goes way beyond mere realism. That quote is bullshit.
>>
>>3017894
To this
>>
File: asdsad.jpg (379KB, 2173x2557px) Image search: [Google]
asdsad.jpg
379KB, 2173x2557px
>>3017894
>>3017896

relax my nigga
http://www.alexhays.com/loomis/Andrew%20Loomis%20-%20Eye%20Of%20The%20Painter.pdf
>>
>>3017894
Photography, innovations in printing, and the rise of modern advertising all happened too close together.
>>
>>3018018
DOn't call me nigga
>>
>>3017996
How so? Speaking from a purely aesthetical point of view
>>
>>3017896

why am I mesmerized by it like some autist? It's like colors and rectangles are playing tricks on me
>>
>>3017901
>4 years
He is one of those "previous 10 years of painting was not serious so it does not count"
>>
File: 272f457dff3c352074aa589b083f0336.jpg (740KB, 2850x2244px) Image search: [Google]
272f457dff3c352074aa589b083f0336.jpg
740KB, 2850x2244px
>>3017894
You could have chosen many images for the second one. Many beautiful wonderful amazing works of art from the 20th century. You couldve chosen rockwell, leyendacker, frazetta, or many others, but you didnt. Why that image, you ask? Because it's fucking bait, just like this thread.
>>
>>3017896
Jews
>>
>>3018214
/thread
>>
>>3018214
You seem to be implying that minimalism isn't as good as those artists though, or even as good as the OP image, but it is very good and in fact even better in many cases
>>
>>3018193
you are autistic.
the point of it was literally just him trying to show "hey i got these lines all perfectly straight and the colors all perfectly even isnt it amazing"
>>
>>3017894
you could've at least stuck with Mondriaans's works. His earlier works look nothing like his later works. Ah, but this assumes you have a basic knowledge of art-history, wouldn't it?
>>
>>3017901
Pablo was 1 of the first trolls. Fancy art people praising that are just part of the joke.
>>
>>3018530
t.anime drawing pleb
>>
>>3018165
Let us consider that Raphael and others like him worked to emulate ancient sculpture. This deliberation admits that there is a distinction between the art of the ancients and any regular person which one comes across. There was a conscious effort to revive or at least channel the spirit of the ancients through form and other means. It was understood at the time that sculpture represented a perfection of the human form, with more grace than almost any arbitrary living person with all the accidents that fortune bestows. That there are such terms as "antica maniera" or "belle idea" should point enough that it could not have been only realism they were after. Even in cases where the works feature portraiture, the lessons of classical sculpture shine through. We call a portrait or face to be "realistic" the closer it approaches the accidental, such as the individualized heads by Rembrandt and Caravaggio.

Raphael's contemporary write about his works that there is an air of ease, sweetness, propriety. This is not an accident, but is an effect of deliberate practice and judgment. Raphael's manner is an approximation of neoplatonic idealism, which opposes realism. A painter does not become called "divine" by merely painting what one sees, because actual realism is earthly.

It's also important to know that our way of defining and recognizing "style" is much different than how cultures before the late 19th century defined or recognized style, and so "beyond realism" is not good or clear phrase. They did not think like artists today who are much more concerned about style as something like, "I could make the eyes this way, or the brush strokes this way. That would be interesting."
>>
>>3018812
very good post thank you for making it and existing.
>>
>>3017896
this is what happens when you tell everyone they're special.

reminder to destroy your kid's hopes and dreams early on
>>
>>3017901
pablo was a hack
>>
>>3018214
the whole point of the thread was to point out how stupid modern art is you retard
>>
>>3018850
dude neoplasticism is rad. drive off a cliff
>>
>>3017896
>Proponents of De Stijl advocated pure abstraction and universality by a reduction to the essentials of form and colour; they simplified visual compositions to vertical and horizontal, using only black, white and primary colors.

But thanks for not posting le artist's shit
>>
>>3018853
Contemporary criticism is worse than modern art.
>>
>>3017896 mondrian is a huge faggot
>>
>>3017894
this is a nice painting.
>>3017896
This is not really a nice painting. It attempts to break free from the conventions of art but neglects the human eye and what people see. It is poorly excecuted abstract art.
>>
>>3018018
>ruining such a good sketch with that shit face
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.