[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical Namefagging

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: 1496646915604.jpg (40KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1496646915604.jpg
40KB, 604x453px
I have an idea to improve IC. Hopin someone with a higher IQ can develop/ build on it.

When posting art to the appropriate thread, we should use the Name field to as an opportunity to show what our goals are.
Maybe like a title or something. People will post their art and you can see what they're trying to become or something similar.

Examples:
>Neet Hobbyist
>Professional Concept Artist
>Anime fag
>Better Than You
>etc.
>>
File: 12.jpg (146KB, 1446x962px) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
146KB, 1446x962px
Only people who give a fuck would participate anyways.
>>
>>3014851
It'll potentially be a way to get around vague advice
>>
>>3014849
your idea has merit but not for that. people should learn to the fundies anyways and if they're doing alt style, we'd see it in their post

maybe as something to tailor the reply to their needs
maybe fundie-focused?

maybe also as a way for posters in the self-promo threads to know upfront if one is down to be hit up
>>
>>3014849
seems like a good idea

many times you see anons arguing about fundies or whatever, but we always forget each one has their own goals, so focusing on different things or having different approaches is not wrong

the problem I see on /ic/ is that everybody is looking for the fit-all respond, and afterwards meme it. But some might have different goals and that meme is not what they are looking for

also would be a good way to notice newfags which don't know how to use the name field correctly

no names, but the thing most defining for you related to the current thread
>>
I like this idea, Anon!
>>
>>3014849
>tactical namefagging
You're a 100 years too young, kiddo.
>>
File: ic's national treasure..png (34KB, 320x254px) Image search: [Google]
ic's national treasure..png
34KB, 320x254px
>>3015018
>>
>>3014849
Do trips still work on 4chan?

I like naming to get around "post ur work".

However, the NUMBER ONE IMPROVEMENT comes from reporting hateful and off-topic posts. If a post gets reported 3-5 ties, the mods see it for sure.

Do you guys report?
>>
I already do that occasionally on /co/ when anyone has questions about comic art. You'd want to use it intelligently though, and not for drama purposes.

>>3017994
They do, but they're rarely used anymore.
>>
File: 1495147405951.jpg (110KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1495147405951.jpg
110KB, 720x960px
I just want IDs
but I doubt 4chan man even cares
>>
>>3018058
the shitposting we could stop with IDs...
>>
>>3014849
>haha dude lets all give ourselves usernames lmao
fuck off reddit, there's nothing stopping you from putting that in the comment field.
The only tolerable thing would be putting the abbreviation of the thread you frequent most (beg, asg, las, etc.) in the name bar as a psuedoflag and even that's cancerous.
>>
>>3018058

this.

Thread specific IDs would solve a solid 60% of our problems. Brainless shitposting in the generals would go down significantly, and we'll be able to better identify whether the person critiquing has posted their art and if so if it's any good.

It also just makes it easier to discuss shit in general. It doesn't damage anonymity, but it helps prevent falseflagging and makes shitposters easier to identify on a thread by thread basis.

We'd also finally learn how many nosebro impersonators there are.
>>
File: 1455570216743.jpg (157KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
1455570216743.jpg
157KB, 600x778px
>>3018135
that seems reasonable, but how would you get the rest of /ic/ to agree and the mods to do it.
>>
>>3018135
Here is an even better idea: why don't you use the report button?
>>
>>3018233
Mods don't our consent to make changes hahahaha
>>
>>3018233
faggots...it's called a fucking tripcode
>>
>>3018241
>>3018242

So then why don't people use it?
>>
>>3018248
because to /ic/ people who use them are tripfags
Basically, people who use them have some sense of identity and the rest of /ic/ doesn't like that "self-entitlement" or assertiveness from other artists regardless of their level of skill.
>>
>>3018248
We used to have lots of them but they eventually most were ran off the board or said users just stopped using them unless called out.
>>
IDs seem like they could work
>>3018253
We should just try to ignore shitposters who don't use a trip or anything then. It sounds shitty but hey if we just stopped responding to bait threads then people would fuck off
>>
>>3018253
So no tripcode and "post your work" is a meme. I don't see how one on the receiving side of a crit is able to determine if they are getting crit from someone who knows what they are talking about.

My question is how can the number of Dunning Kruger's be reduced. shit-posting is annoying, but the report button is probably the best solution. So whats the answer to my first question, because it seems like its just a natural weakness for the boards format?

>>3018273
People will always fall for bait threads. The number of them is really amazing,
>>
>>3018237

If someone shits in my living room I'm going to clean it up, that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to seek ways to prevent people shitting in my living room.

The only people who are concerned about thread specific IDs are shitposters.
>>
>>3018242

Tripcodes aren't thread specific, they encourage attention whoring to a degree that thread specific IDs don't.
>>
>>3018288
>If someone shits in my living room I'm going to clean it up

that's the job of the janitor

there are people who would like to help and comeback in the thread to post art without having to be tied and traced back. If you are one of these people and don't want that then you have a choice to make; either only post art or post critique and refrain from posting art. I can write a college essay for reasons why IDs are a bad idea for the board but mods won't see it--I would basically be talking to people who can't make change.

It's just going to open up a new creative way of shitposting. We really need (you) and everyone else to report.
>>
File: 1496502112041.png (178KB, 658x373px) Image search: [Google]
1496502112041.png
178KB, 658x373px
>>3018288
Reporting is a meme. I've tried multiple times and the mods do jack shit.
Anyone who actually cares about their art is going to leave /ic/ anyway, we might as well now.
>>
The whole appeal of 4chan is that it lets you stay ANONYMOUS

And you people try to force some faggy identity name bullshit? Fuck off. There are millions of non-anonymous art forums out there, i'm sure someone can find it for you.
>>
>>3018327
/biz/ is still anonymous, but has ID
>>
>>3018329
there is a legit reason why they have IDs

the reason you want IDs is to curb shitposting on a board population of less than 150
>>
>>3018288
>The only people who are concerned about thread specific IDs are shitposters.
please explain your line of logic. the obvious argument here is that it makes multi-shitposting more obvious/less common. How do you reach said conclusion?
>>
>>3018280
>don't see how one on the receiving side of a crit is able to determine if they are getting crit from someone who knows what they are talking about.
wouldn't they be able to look at it and think it got better or not? or that their redlines makes more sense then they do?
>>
>>3018343
>curb shitposting
that is a legit reason senpai, especially since no ine has anything to lose from it
>>
>>3018435
And I'm telling you we really don't have many resident shitposters though, kouhai. We really need to adopt /jp/s self security system and tell the few to "fuck off" when they're misbehaving.

Anyway this is going nowhere.
>>
File: what i dont understand.gif (28KB, 450x339px) Image search: [Google]
what i dont understand.gif
28KB, 450x339px
>>3018439
>we really don't have many resident shitposters though, kouhai.
how do we know?

>We really need to adopt /jp/s self security system and tell the few to "fuck off" when they're misbehaving.
don't go there. what's it like? do you really think /ic/ is mature enough for that?
>>
>>3014849
>IC
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.