[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I upload an original manga?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 94.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
94.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
Is there a webpage dedicated to this? I don't want someone to steal my work
>>
right here
your work is safe with me ;)
>>
> I don't want someone to steal my work

good luck

Either it's shit and not worth stealing, or it's worth stealing and people will steal it. Do you mean 'take credit for it' or 'not pay you for it'? Because the latter is infinitely more likely than the former, but none are terribly preventable short of watermarking your shit so much that nobody will even bother to look at it.
>>
>>3009098
look, your manga is shit. I havent seen it but im speaking statistically. And no, you aren't the exception.

its just the first chapter, itll go ignored due to a mix of lack of skills as well as uninteresting writing. If you do get success its only the first chapter, so it doesnt matter if its everywhere, actually, its better since people'll look for the 2nd one and you can have a plan by then.

Yes, there is a youtube version for webcomics where you make a % of their ad revenue. Theres a korean and english version, i forget both names. You're better off just giving it to the public and doing a patreon + some tables at cons + merch IF of course my assumption that you're shit is incorrect.

If you're so god damn confident, put it in a contest for a Japanese publisher. You can even pay for a translator since you're so confident you're good. It's only gonna be like 30 bucks max. You can even send it straight to marvel or DC, im sure they have a process.
>>
>>3009098
I was actually thinking about how there is not a single website in the west that is dedicated to comic/manga self-publishing the other day, and toying with the idea of starting one up, and turn it into some sort of forum/social media.

There's probably a couple of retards like ONE who would join my site and bring me millions of ads money.

Keep drawing faggot, I'll make money off it someday.
>>
>>3009098
Tapastic, Webtoons, Smackjeeves.
>>
Yo piggyback off of op, how do you actually go about sharing a web comic with people? Like if I just put it up on my tumblr than no one will see it, do I just keep updating in hopes that people will eventually read it? Are there any better sites to share at that would help build an audience?
>>
Don't amazon(kindle) or Google let authors self publish e-books? Do they let things like comic books or graphic novels onto their marketplace?
>>
>>3009142
I think he just wants to upload it on a website where people already go to read manga and can casually find his.

You can put it up for sale anywhere but if no one knows it exists no one is gonna read it, let alone buy it.

There's just no website in the western market for this right now, Japan has plenty, that's where OPM was originally published, one of those webcomic websites/apps, that already have thousands of people checking every day if there's a new interesting comic.
>>
>>3009136
That's already happened countless time but the reason none of them took off is because people don't really give a shit about comics anymore.
>>
>>3009164
Manga/anime is on the rise, that's why I think it's the right moment. Fucking Netflix is producing more anime than smaller Japanese studios, and manga sales in the USA are growing at insane rates, plus every kid that's been learning to draw in the past few years wants to write a manga.

I think the timing is just right, I'm saving some money for a start-up and this might be the one.
>>
File: 1459141236942.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1459141236942.png
276KB, 586x634px
>non-jap wanting to make MANGA
Love this meme.
Just call it a comic or graphic novel you fucking weeb.
>>
>>3009156
Op here, this is what im looking for. Also when I said stealing I mean credit/copyright. I planning to build a reputation and put a patreon
>>
>>3009168
netflix hasn't produced any anime, retard. The anime shows on netflix were produced already by japanese studios.
>>
>>3009192
Copyright is created the minute you create the drawing, as long as it doesn't contain already copywritten elements.

It's impossible to protect anything 100%, especially ideas. You can copyright your images by simply putting "©2017 Your Name", and it will suffice. You can also register them at the copyright office, but that's not necessary to sue someone for infringement - and copyright infringement suits are bloody expensive, so 99.99% of you will ever sue anyone.

Your best bet is watermarks, that go across the image and make it impossible to rubber stamp out, putting your copyright in the image, and putting it in the metadata for the file.

You're also better off creating a simple portfolio site, and host it yourself, GoDaddy accounts are cheap, and have in the code the command to refuse crawling, so your stuff won't show up in Google searches for generic terms.

The only way to keep art from being stolen online is to not put it online. A disturbing number of millenials think "if it's online, it's free".
>>
>>3009233
They do produce you fucking mongoloid. They don't animate and draw them obviously, but they give money for the studios to make them, and that is called producing you god damn retard.

There's a reason why Blame! is called a NETFLIX ORIGINAL ANIME you braindead piece of shit.
>>
Get a copyright on the whole thing if you're really worried, it will take a couple of months and run you like 100 bucks but you'll have piece of mind.
>>
>>3009098
send it to shueshia. they have foreigner contests sometimes
>>
Seriously though how do you go about marketing your comic, get a following, best site to promote on, etc?

Do you do a web comic or physical copies or both.

I'm working on a comic and once I'm finished I literally have no idea what to do with it. I know if I just throw it on deviant art or tumble no one will ever even see it and even Instagram has a better rate of people seeing your stuff I feel like it's too small of a format to put comics on.
>>
>>3009351
Post some work.
>>
File: 1496512288757.jpg (178KB, 777x578px) Image search: [Google]
1496512288757.jpg
178KB, 777x578px
Lezhin.com?
>>
>>3009290
This. They also did the 7 deadly sins and helped skyrocket that manga into popularity.

>>3009351
Don't know about print, but if you don't already, follow the webcomic threads on /co/, >>>/co/92985854. They have this posted about promoting your work.
>http://miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/a-guide-to-zero-cost-webcomic-promotion

Also, check out webtoons and other manga apps. Webtoons are becoming popular, and they're different from the average comic format. But I really like them.
>http://www.webtoons.com/en/
>>
>>3009180
>You need to be japanese to make anime
Oh yea, because drawing teenage girls with unrealistic proportions need some muscle the western men doesn't have amirite?
Fucking weebs
>>
How did that blue lead drew black lines?
>>
>>3009192
Tapastic and Line Webtoon are pretty good since you can also make some dosh out of them once you become a featured author
>>
tapastic
>>
Op here,I was thinking that youtube might be a good platform, because it already has copyright protection but I don't know the details about it. The manga would have this format: https://youtu.be/8qZIu_4MU-4
>>
>>3009698
If you're going for youtube then talk with one of those channels that already do videos of other mangas. Contact Durzo or SouldMadness or whatever and ask them if they want to upload all of your manga, they can keep the ad-money and in return you get publicity and they post your Comic's facebook/twitter pages.

If you get a following you don't need them anymore, you can create your own channel and re-upload your manga and people will go there eventually, and if they like it it will succeed.

Honestly, people underestimate just how much people crave for good, well-drawn stories, as long as they exist people will find them and spread the word, but if your writing sucks you are NGMI on your own, you need a writer friend. Nothing to be ashamed of, Murata doesn't write his own stories.
>>
>>3009139
Is smackjeeves even still a thing? I once spent hours one day getting way too invested in the shittiest 50 chapter comic I could find.
>>
>>3009712
Yeah good drawing and good writing can be hard to find. A lot of the really well drawn web-comics are boring unless they have a writer. People really do underestimate all the comic and manga artists that can do both.
>>
>>3009585
he's right though. don't be autistic and call it something else, anything but manga really.
>>
>>3009781
Apparently so, they redid the site and now it's getting a bit more active again
>>
>>3009180
lazy fucks just don't want to color it prolly.
>>
>>3009180
this is just semantics you autist. technically they do want to make manga, i.e. japanese style comics.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.