[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone tell me how the fuck i can fix the background/composition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Photoshop_2017-06-03_22-51-29.jpg (131KB, 1896x776px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-06-03_22-51-29.jpg
131KB, 1896x776px
can someone tell me how the fuck i can fix the background/composition
>>
Just add some sort of detail to it. A break in the mesa, some tiny sci fi hamlet, idk. It doesn't have to be something big and complicated, just something to break up the horizon.

all you have to do is change the background shape. you don't even have to paint anything for real.
>>
>>3007803
How do you even tell if that's broken?
>>
make the hill bigger so that it's higher than they horizon. and add a cloud
>>
Add a tiny dude with a staff
>>
>>3007803
Your lighting is very confusing. The hill on the right has a lightsource offpage to the right, but the horizon is lit up like sunrise. The ship would be casting a large shadow from the right lightsource. Your atmospheric effects are all over the place, the ship/hill in the background is the same values as the one in the background. The hill on the right has more atmpspheric effects than the ship.

The composition isnt bad, but a shadow of the ship could tie it together, it would create visual path from ship, to hill, to shadow, to far hill, to ship, and back to the ship. (clockwise). Right now, you've framed the glowing horizon.

Your lighting is the biggest concern right now.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (394KB, 1606x776px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
394KB, 1606x776px
>>
>>3007803
Isn't that Lohengramm's ship?
>>
File: brunhild.jpg (81KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
brunhild.jpg
81KB, 900x675px
>>3007887
Almost 1:1
>>
First, push the atmosperic perspective some more. Try a version where there's a clear fore-, middle- adn background division. Really get that depth and sense of scale going.

Second, the craft int he painting are essentially two big arrows, pointing *out* of the painting. The more they point toward a corner, the worse that effect is. Maybe level the craft, or add something on the left side to keep the viewer's eye in the painting, like moorings for the craft or w/e.

hth.
>>
>>3007864
coloring a b/w pic is hard mang
>>
>>3007904

Thanks for the feedback. I placed the ship at the top of the canvas and at an upward facing angle to make it seem dominant. Maybe could've worked if it was way more down and to the bottom right.
>>
File: Photoshop_2017-06-04_21-10-03.jpg (185KB, 1678x944px) Image search: [Google]
Photoshop_2017-06-04_21-10-03.jpg
185KB, 1678x944px
aight i tried again there we go
>>
>>3009000
This is good.
>>
Hey, my first time here.

I think what's looking of is that the mesa is the BG is level with the horizon, that kind of kills the Flow, just lift it up a bit to get some paralaxing going on. Worth a try :)
>>
>>3009338
Welcome. It's good to have you here!
>>
>>3009000
the end of the ship and the edge of the mountain kind of form a bit of a tangent. otherwise this is pretty cool.
>>
>>3009000
This is real sweet. One thing I would recommend is either commit to hiding a part of the ship behind the left mountain or move the ship forward so it isn't so close to it.
>>
>>3009000
Great but I'd add a cast shadow for the ship & make some of the trees in the background lit by the sun,just to break the monotony of that large mass of blue... 8,5/10.
>>
>>3007803
Honestly I'd just photobash the shit out of that background. It's simple and doesn't require much detail.
A long term solution is to do photo studies or plain air painting to get a sense of how irl lighting works.
>>
>>3009000
>that fucking tangent
Nice colors though.
Did you do a couple thumbnails before committing to this? The ship feels pretty awkward, just sitting there in space, not moving, tilting or having a clear path through the scenery.

Keep at it, I like it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.